forum

Jakarta - Time is ticking (Nightcore Mix) [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Firakus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 12 października 2014 at 03:47:02

Artist: Jakarta
Title: Time is ticking (Nightcore Mix)
Source: Nightcore
Tags: nightcore time is ticking jump nightcore heartbeat bazz boyz
BPM: 140,3
Filesize: 5984kb
Play Time: 03:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Another - Arrhythmy (4,69 stars, 615 notes)
  2. Easy - No Pulse (1,56 stars, 144 notes)
  3. Hyper - Rapid Heartbeat (3,74 stars, 484 notes)
  4. Normal - Heartbeat (1,9 stars, 223 notes)
  5. Taiko (3,01 stars, 649 notes)
Download: Jakarta - Time is ticking (Nightcore Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Easy - NO PULSE: DONE
Normal - HEARTBEAT: DONE
Hyper - RAPID HEARTBEAT: DONE
Another - ARRHYTHMY: DONE
Taiko - DONE

All diffs finished. Hope you enjoy some jumpy nightcore :)
~Firakus

Changelog: 12th October 2014 - deleted Insanity, renamed Hard to Hyper and Insane to Another

Update 9th May 2019 - 5 years later, I am happy that some of you enjoyed this map, cheers guys!
Hemmi
Hello there !
Both maps are quite nice, enjoyable to play, I haven't noticed any big issues, nice work !

:!: But you need at least 1 Easy/Normal difficulty if you want your maps to be ranked !

Heartbeat :

• • I find the AR maybe too low. As is, the map can be FC DT by someone of my skill (it almost feels like it was made to be easily DT), it is up to you whether or not you want this to happen. This is because the map is quite easily readable and the drain is low enough so that people won't probably fail unless the map is really too hard for them.
    • 00:52:494(4,1) — Maybe you shouldn't have overlapped 1 with 4 just because you wanted it to be on the center of the screen : just move 4 instead !
    • 00:52:922(1) — This is too long, you should replace the first half of this mega-reverse-slider with something else !
    • 01:15:374(1,2,3) — These circles feel like they aren't spaced enough, that's OK, but from 01:14:305 to 01:25:424 you use the same pattern,why not vary it a little ?
    • 01:31:411(1) — You should make the slider reverse once more.
Rapid Heartbeat :

I can see that you love hiding circles behind sliders, but several times here it is inappropriate to do so.

• • The AR at 10 is too much, considering the overall difficulty of the map. I enjoy playing it much more with an AR of 9.
    • 00:48:217(1,2) — One (well, at least me) doesn't expect 2 to be hiding behind 1 given the kind of rhythm, it feels inappropriate.
    • 00:52:494(4,1) — Shouldn't 1 be further away from 4 ?
    • 00:56:343(3) — I think this slider should rather end at 00:57:840
    • 01:16:015(6,1), 01:22:857(6,1), 02:41:546(6,1), 02:48:388(6,1) — The distance snapping is very misleading because the stream begins 1/4 of beat before the other ones but isn't snapped differently.
    • 01:25:744(2,3) and 01:26:599(2,3) — These snapping are misleading as well.
    • 02:18:452(1,2) (all occurrences until 02:21:446) — It is not really justified to hide 2 behind 1 here.
    • 03:14:048(1,2,3,4), 03:15:758(1,2,3,4) — There are too many circles hidden behind these sliders^^
    • 03:24:311(1,2,3,4) and 03:26:022(1,2,3,1) — Here you could replace 3 with a circle at the same spot as 2,and then replace 4 with a new slider at 03:25:167 where 3 was previously.
    • 03:30:726(6,1) — Distance snapping too short.
Keep going and good luck !
— Gunsillie
Topic Starter
Firakus
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I fixed Rapid Heartbeat (Hard) diff and remapped completely Heartbeat (Normal). Added No Pulse (Easy) and Arrhythmy (Insane). Hope you will enjoy.

~Firakus
Renevant
Hey! Saw the song and decided to take a look at it. I personally love this song and to see new versions of it.
There are some bits and pieces that seem a little odd, so i'm doing a quick mod for you on the easier difficulties.
I'm still new to modding so feel free to take this any way you want, but here are a few of my suggestions. I hope they help!

No Pulse
SPOILER
1- Ok, Firstly, i believe you have to put the difficulty of the song first, along with the name you are giving it, or else this cant be ranked.
So for example: "Easy - No Pulse" would be accepted.
2- Overall, it seems there are a lot of distance snap discrepancies (many notes too far and surpass your default distance spacing of 0.6). I would fix those to perfectly match your default distance snap, as I believe its pretty necessary for easy difficulties to remain consistency.
Minor Example:
00:19:564 (2,3) -
Major Example: (The jump is too difficult for such an easy difficulty)
00:47:790 (3,4) -
3- 00:10:156 (1) - Those sliders are shaped pretty oddly imo, its like they're attempting to be a semi-circle.Maybe try turning it into one? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1916528
4- 00:56:343 (4) - Might be too overwhelming for an easy difficulty, plus its pretty long.
5- 01:25:423 (1) - Too short for an easy difficulty, make it at least a measure longer. Start it here?: 01:23:713 (3) -
6- 01:05:751 (4) - Kinda weird, maybe flip it the other way so i keeps that "wrapping" feeling around the other slides. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1916564
7- 01:48:517 (1,2) - Make these guys flow into each other a little better. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1916573 Or at least make it more consistent in how they look.
8- Make this 02:28:716 (1) - and this 02:32:137 (3) - symmetrical.
9- 02:33:848 (1) - Another short Spinner
10- 02:38:980 (1) - Move it up a little so its aligned better with the next note.
11- 02:50:954 (1) and 03:04:639 (1) - - Spinners
12- 03:20:890 (1,2) - Have them flow into each other. Do the same for the other three.

HeartBeat
SPOILER
1- Change Difficulty name to something like "Normal - Heartbeat".
2- A lot of Distance Snap Discrepancies on this difficulty too.
3- The HP Drain Rate, Approach Rate, and Overall Difficulty are all fairly high for a low star difficulty map. I suggest lowering them them to at least 5 or below.
4- Weird Overlap 00:15:288 (7,8) -
5- Getting creative with the sliders here: 00:44:368 (1) - I personally don't have a problem with it as i think it matches the song, but i'm sure there are other modders who might think differently. A possible solution to this is to divide the sliders in half, but keep their direction.
Example of a weird slider: 00:49:500 (4) -
Overlap on two big, weird sliders. Should probably change. 01:10:883 (3) -
6- Another odd overlap 01:30:983 (4) -
7- 01:45:095 (5) - Really weird Slider, give it a more defined semi-circle shape or something else.
8- 03:04:639 (1) - Spinner stuff applies here too.

Rapid Heartbeat
SPOILER
Im no expert at modding insane difficulties, so im just doing some suggestions i saw at first glance.
1- Change Difficulty name to something like "Hard- Rapid Heartbeat".
2- I suggest adding some extra consistency in note placement. Like put 01:30:341 (5) - and 01:29:272 (1) - on top of 01:29:272 (1) -

Arrhythmy
SPOILER
1- Change Difficulty name to something like "Insane - Arrhythmy".

Okay, overall its looking pretty good. The easy and normal difficulties definitely need some defined Distance Snap. You should probably mess with the DR,AR, and OD for both of them too (especially Normal). Just play with the sliders a little and you should be fine. I hope my mod helps you, Good Luck at getting this ranked/approved!
Topic Starter
Firakus
@up Tried my best to change patterns you requested, however I think I failed :D Anyway, thank you for checking out my map :)

~Firakus

Edit 27.08.2014 - Changed some patterns in Insane and Hard, tried to remove overlapping sliders and correct the spacing in Easy and Normal and added Insanity.
Krfawy
#Random

No cześć! :3 Jestem Krfawy i szukałem jednego najtkora do Cascady i patrzę a tutaj Time Is Ticking. *-* Miło widzieć mapującego Polaka, w szczególności jak zabiera się za nieazjatyckie piosenki, bo szczerze ich nie lubię. XD

Ogólnie
  1. Co do najłatwiejszych poziomów (Izi i Normal) - radzę używać stałego dystansu pomiędzy nutkami bo jak patrzę to niby używasz takiego podobnego ale nieraz zdarzają ci się odchyły od tego.
  2. Co do prędkosci sliderów... szczerze ustawienia są wysokie, a odległości pomiędzy notkami są niewielkie. Da się tak mapować, ale w obecnym momencie odległości w Easy i Normalu są tak małe że gracze nie będą wiedzieli kiedy klikać w szczególności ci którzy nie potrafią czytać. A taka prawda że jednak lepiej by było używać wolniejszych sliderów i troszkę większej odległości, dlatego niestety ale radzę zmniejszyc SV w tych dwóch najmniejszych i zacząc od początku. ;C
  3. Mapset ma niezbilansowany skok pomiędzy trudnością poziomów. Mówiąc po ludzku: duży rozrzut pomiędzy trudnością między Łatwym i Normalnym, szczerze aż za duży. Zaś z tego Normala na Trudny to też jest niemały skok trudności, chociaż tutaj mniej zauważalny. Jednak obecnie twój spread wygląda mniej więcej tak: Easy-Hard-Insane-Insane z czego Easy też nie jest jakiś najłatwieszy.
  4. Szczerze z tego co pamiętam tę wersję piosenki wykonuje Jakarta, a inną faktycznie Bazz Boyz. Jak wpiszesz sobie w YouTube to wyskoczy ci konkretnie ta wersja (i z najtkorem i bez) i zobaczysz że tutaj akurat Jakarta. Dlatego zmień artystę, a Bazz Boys wpisz w tagi. Można też w tagi wpisać EDM* dance techno (jeżeli nie wiesz co to EDM - Electronic Dance Music)
  5. Każdy poziom trudności musi mieć ustawiony punkt podglądu. Musi być on ustawiony w tym samym momencie we wszystkich diffach. Jak ustawić ów punkt?
    Jeżeli nie wiesz po co to w ogóle jest, tłumaczę - gdy przeszukujesz mapy w swoim osu! albo szukasz mapki i klikasz w miniaturkę mapy żeby uslyszec co to za piosenka, to od momentu wyznaczonego preview pointem (punktem podglądu) zaczyna się słuchanie piosenki. Jeżeli piszę niezrozumiale to zapraszam do pytania na priwie ;)
  6. Dozwolone rozmiary tła to 1024x768 oraz 1366x768. Nie jestem pewien czy jakieś inne rozmiary są rankingowe. MOŻE 800x600, ale to wybitnie kijowa jakość więc radzę tego nie ustawiać.
  7. Szczerze wydaje mi się że można usunąć to odliczanie bo tylko niepotrzebnie zagłusza muzykę. Czysto teoretyczna sugestia, bo wiem że są osoby które za tym przepadają i nie wyobrażają sobie osu! bez odliczania. : D
  8. Co by nie mówić, ale jednak radziłbym też ustawić AudioLeadIn. 'Ale o czym on do cholery mówi?' pewnie tak myślisz jak to czytasz i nie dziwię się bo sam późno o tym usłyszałem. Otóż: otwierasz plik z mapą, klikasz File -> Open .osu in notepad (otwórz plik w notatniku) -> i masz takie ładne literki:
    Otóż teraz AudioLeanIn jest ustawiony na 0. Radzę wpisać tysiąc zamiast zera. Jeżeli ustawisz to w jednym poziomie, trzeba tak zrobić ze wszystkimi innymi również aby było tak samo. Dobra, a teraz po co o tym tryndolę? Otóż: Mapka zaczyna się dosyć szybko i niektórzy gracze ze słabymi zdolnościami (czyt.: nóby) albo komputerami napędzanymi chomikami muszą odczekać 2-3 sekundy zanim zacznie się mapa. Tak więcej czasu na reakcję a nie zaczyna się mapa i od razu trzeba grać, rozumiesz. ;)
Cóż, z głębszych porad nie wiem co teraz powiedzieć no bo widać że coś robisz z mapami, ale z nauką mapowania to niestety jest jak z nauką grania w osu - trzeba samemu do wielu rzeczy dojść. ;w; Mogę tylko podpowiedzieć na razie że w trudniejszych diffach np. w Hardzie stosujesz takie rzeczy 00:11:011 (1,2) - które są dosyć niewygodne do grania i to mocno. Jak masz zaznaczone te nutki to kliknij sobie CTRL + G żeby zobaczyć jak się będzie grało taki moment. Chodzi o to rozstawienie sliderów i kółek. Wiadomo że im trudniejszy poziom tym więcej utrudnień itp. itd. ale jednak warto zachować komfort grania. Są różne techniki ustawiania obiektów. Mogę ci poradzić żebyś popatrzył jak inni ustawiają obiekty w rankingowych mapach (ale tych nowszych xD) bo obecnie w sumie ustawia się je tak aby jako taki komfort był. No może nie odległością w Insejnach, ale jak idzie o ustawienie w osi czasu to już jest lepiej niż w 2008.

Cóż, to tyle ode mnie. Mam nadzieję że na coś się przydałem. D:

Pzdro 500-100-900. XD
Krfawy o3o
Topic Starter
Firakus
Dzięki za zainteresowanie mapą. Pozmieniałem patterny w Easy i Normal tak, aby teraz Spacing był wedle opcji Distance Snap, przy czym zmniejszyłem SV na Easy. Zmieniłem artystę, usunąłem countdown i dodałem punkt podglądu i AudioLeadIn.

Jeśli chodzi o propozycję co do harda, osobiście nie widzę w tym jakiegoś braku komfortu do gry, zarówno jak parę osób, które poprosiłem o przetestowanie. Póki co, niech zostanie jak jest. Zawsze tak mam, że gdy zaczynam mapować Hard, to wychodzi z tego prawie Insane - nie będę próbował póki co poprawiać bez konkretnych propozycji moderów, bo napsuję i będzie jeszcze gorzej.
NextMiss
bad beatmap
Leozinho
It's a cool map, you should update it more often :3
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.