forum

[duplicate] Enable/Disable showing Score, Combo & Accuracy while playing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
gman
I think some players, including myself, would like to have options which could be used to enable and disable showing the score, combo and accuracy while playing. The reasons why I personally want to have such options is because I often get distracted by them when I'm playing and often miss a note or get a 50. Using these options can improve a player's concentration and the scores he makes. I hope you add these options or at least consider adding them. Thank you for reading my post and have a nice day! :)
uzzi
Pretty sure this has been requested before, maybe denied as well.
buny
Skin them out, then.
Kayla
if you skin them out you skin out the result after the song is completed
FrzR

Kurimu wrote:

if you skin them out you skin out the result after the song is completed
This.

Good idea though. =w=)b
ksg
If you are disturbed by seeing your score while playing, I'm sure you already have background fully dimmed as well. If this is the case, you can simply skin the numbers pitch black, and they won't be distinguishable in anything but scoreboard and break-times.

Unnecessary, since the users would be few and there's a reasonably simple workaround.
Topic Starter
gman
I thought about skinning them, but I won't be able to see the score I get so having 2 skins (one normal and one without score, combo etc.) and changing them everytime I make a good score would be a pain in the neck, so why not have these kind of options to make it easier for everyone? Honestly, I think this can really help many players who get distracted a lot, so please reconsider!
ksg

gman_97 wrote:

I thought about skinning them, but I won't be able to see the score I get so having 2 skins (one normal and one without score, combo etc.) and changing them everytime I make a good score would be a pain in the neck, so why not have these kind of options to make it easier for everyone? Honestly, I think this can really help many players who get distracted a lot, so please reconsider!
Did you even read my post?
Skin the numbers black, not blank. You won't see them against the blacked-out playfield, but you'll see them just fine on the scoreboard.
I don't see how this would require you to change the skin every time to see the numbers.
Topic Starter
gman

ks- wrote:

gman_97 wrote:

Did you even read my post?
Skin the numbers black, not blank. You won't see them against the blacked-out playfield, but you'll see them just fine on the scoreboard.
I don't see how this would require you to change the skin every time to see the numbers.
Sorry, I read it wrong. It won't be a problem for me to skin them black (which is a good idea actually), but I'm sure that some players would like to keep their old skin elements. Again, I'm sorry for not reading your post correctly!
ksg

gman_97 wrote:

Sorry for not reading your post correctly!
No sweat.

gman_97 wrote:

I'm sure that some players would like to keep their old skin elements.
But what would these players benefit from keeping the skin elements they want to hide during gameplay anyway?
Topic Starter
gman

ks- wrote:

gman_97 wrote:

Sorry for not reading your post correctly!
No sweat.

gman_97 wrote:

I'm sure that some players would like to keep their old skin elements.
But what would these players benefit from keeping the skin elements they want to hide during gameplay anyway?
It's just to keep the look of the ranking panel, I guess. I know that this won't actually make a player a lot better in terms of skill, concentration and other things (yes, I know I said it would help a lot a few posts ago but forget about it), but I'm sure it would be helpful to some of them, though I know that there are just too many things to do for this game and there aren't many mods so this really isn't that necessary. Oh well, It's just an idea I came up with and I wanted to share it with the community hoping I could help you guys. :)
ksg

gman_97 wrote:

It's just to keep the look of the ranking panel, I guess. I know that this won't actually make a player a lot better in terms of skill, concentration and other things (yes, I know I said it would help a lot a few posts ago but forget about it), but I'm sure it would be helpful to some of them, though I know that there are just too many things to do for this game and there aren't many mods so this really isn't that necessary. Oh well, It's just an idea I came up with and I wanted to share it with the community hoping I could help you guys. :)
Yeah, it's definitely not a bad idea, but since there's a decent workaround for it, it's hardly going to get implemented. It's good to share an idea you have if it isn't already up on the forum. :>
Legxis
I guess an argument in favour despite the workaround would be that players would want to check their accuarcy, combo, etc. in breaks. But with black skinned numbers, they wouldn't even be able to do that. Hence they'd always have to play songs until the end.

I've had a fair few moments of choking and just wanting to not see it, but being nervous is part of the game. It won't get a lot better even if you can't see it, so instead of running away, getting used to it seems like the better option.
buny

Legxis wrote:

I guess an argument in favour despite the workaround would be that players would want to check their accuarcy, combo, etc. in breaks. But with black skinned numbers, they wouldn't even be able to do that. Hence they'd always have to play songs until the end.

I've had a fair few moments of choking and just wanting to not see it, but being nervous is part of the game. It won't get a lot better even if you can't see it, so instead of running away, getting used to it seems like the better option.
yes they would, because in breaks the background doesn't dim fully.

LEARN to play with it, not ask for useless features that only succumb your habits.
Coffee Hero
seeing your accuracy/score/combo wont make you nervous unless you somehow forget how good your doing during the beatmap.
Tuxxy_old
I am in favour of this option, but for now..

I made a quick installer to do just that, just choose your skin folder and it will extract the contents.
Legxis

buny wrote:

Legxis wrote:

yes they would, because in breaks the background doesn't dim fully.

LEARN to play with it, not ask for useless features that only succumb your habits.
Do you realize that you sound like a total douche?
Also, you should read the whole post, since I am basically saying the same thing as you.
[All-A]
I don't know. I don't really care about the score or anything getting in the way, but when I glance down and happen to see a 400+ combo, then I start to freak out and almost always break. I don't use full dim and I want to see the scoreboard.

As for succumbing to habits, I'm sure it'll be easier to deal with the score once you know you can do well anyways- you won't need to look. Sure, users would be few, sure, it could worsen your habit (until you get good), sure there's a workaround for some (it doesn't work for me), but I don't think it's that hard to simply make the numbers disappear during the song. It's not a lot of work, and the people who WOULD use it, will appreciate it. Really, there's no reason to deny this feature.
- easy to code
- helps people play
- few people will use it but its easy to make anyways and they'll appreciate it
- not like it'll hurt anyone
Bara-
Press shift tab
Also, don't bump old marked threads please. There is no reason to bump an invalidated request (and especially not the duplicated), so please refrain from doing that again