forum

[Archived] Issue Osu! + UAC PopUp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar
Problem Details:
Well, i've installing application that showed up pop-up. and i agreed. and i quickly switch to osu!. and the cursor are stuck in top of screen

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
No Image. sorry :(

How to Make This happened:
1. Open Osu!, login
2. on main menu (or everywhere), press windows buton to open windows metro menu
3. open application that needs elevation UAC (make sure osu! is opened, not minimized)
4. Press yes.
5. Mouse Stuck!

osu! version: 20140305.2 (latest)
Hiramiya
This is a Windows problem rather than osu! specific, and would happen with any fullscreen app taking control of inputs when a UAC prompt comes up..
The real question here is why would you be installing something while having osu! open anyway?

Regardless, workaround would be either to hit Escape on your keyboard when it freezes (will cancel the UAC prompt) or wait for the prompt to timeout after 30 seconds (if I remember right..)
Topic Starter
Faishal Akbar

Hiramiya wrote:

This is a Windows problem rather than osu! specific, and would happen with any fullscreen app taking control of inputs when a UAC prompt comes up..
The real question here is why would you be installing something while having osu! open anyway?

Regardless, workaround would be either to hit Escape on your keyboard when it freezes (will cancel the UAC prompt) or wait for the prompt to timeout after 30 seconds (if I remember right..)
not intsalling, but opening bandicam while osu! opened. my bandicam need administrator previleges while running.

yes, 30 sec or cancel