forum

[resolved] Frame Rate Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3
Hey everyone, so recently I had just found the frame rate changer in the settings option... even after I've had this game for one and a half years. So anyway, I changed the frame rate from 90 to 240, and then my game restarted as usual. So, when Osu! Came back on, everything was fine, but when I clicked on the osu! symbol, nothing worked. The screen froze, but I could hear my cursor movement, but nothing else. I restarted it, the same problem occurred. So I decided to delete and re-download osu!, but when it came back the same problem happened. Please help! Is there anyway I can change the frame rate without going onto osu!? or do I have to never play the game again? Have I broke it? Is there any solution? :cry:
Sunlyx
That's weird.. hm..
When I change my frame rate osu! doesnt usually restart..
There's a shortcut on how to change the framerate I think it was F9 or something, but you'd need to be in game for that..
I'm sorry, I got nothing but.. that's kinda weird.

Is the resetting thing something your osu! does ?
Hiramiya
Go to your osu! installation folder, and open osu!.yourname.cfg with notepad, find the option CustomFrameLimit and lower it there ^^
If changing that does nothing, remove that file completely (you'll only lose any settings you've changed in osu!, not any scores or beatmaps etc)
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

Sunlyx wrote:

That's weird.. hm..
When I change my frame rate osu! doesnt usually restart..
There's a shortcut on how to change the framerate I think it was F9 or something, but you'd need to be in game for that..
I'm sorry, I got nothing but.. that's kinda weird.

Is the resetting thing something your osu! does ?
Sorry, i meant the option came up saying "Osu! Will restart now" and the options come up with yes or no
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

Hiramiya wrote:

Go to your osu! installation folder, and open osu!.yourname.cfg with notepad, find the option CustomFrameLimit and lower it there ^^
If changing that does nothing, remove that file completely (you'll only lose any settings you've changed in osu!, not any scores or beatmaps etc)
Sorry, how do you get to the installation folder?
chong601
Try press Shift and open osu! and set renderer to DirectX
OpenGL have issues with high FPS for certain users
ylikki

AbbieAC3 wrote:

You have probably installed osu! to the place you have installed most of your games and programs which is C:\Program Files\. (hard drive)

You can also do a search on your computer by writing the name of the file in the search box (Windows Vista & 7) or by pressing the Search button (Windows XP etc.)
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

Lonach wrote:

AbbieAC3 wrote:

You have probably installed osu! to the place you have installed most of your games and programs which is C:\Program Files\. (hard drive)

You can also do a search on your computer by writing the name of the file in the search box (Windows Vista & 7) or by pressing the Search button (Windows XP etc.)
Thank you, but I still haven't been able to open my osu! Without it crashing, can someone please decribe to my in detail step by step how to sort this problem out?
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

chong601 wrote:

Try press Shift and open osu! and set renderer to DirectX
OpenGL have issues with high FPS for certain users
The problem is, I can't do anything at all on osu: whenever I click something, the entire thing freezes
Hiramiya
Try going to the folder shown here, and find the osu!.NAME.cfg file (mine being osu!.Hira.cfg) and rename it to osu!.NAME.cfg.old, then try opening osu! again
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

Hiramiya wrote:

Thank you, but what do you save the document as? Do you just save it as a note document?
Topic Starter
AbbieAC3

Hiramiya wrote:

Try going to the folder shown here, and find the osu!.NAME.cfg file (mine being osu!.Hira.cfg) and rename it to osu!.NAME.cfg.old, then try opening osu! again
oh thank you, I deleted my folder and now my osu! Works perfectly :) Thank you!
Hiramiya
NP, thanks for posting back ^_^