forum

Relocating pause/fail buttons

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +31
Topic Starter
Nathanael
We all know (probably) that when we pause or fail on a gameplay, the buttons are just centered depending on the image. I have a feeling that its getting bored than usual so why don't we think about something else like relocating it either on the left or right side? Of course a margin will exist there. To prevent conflicts with the old skins, we can just customize it on the skin configuration (Skin.ini).

// Example:
PauseFailButtonLocation: ?
// Values:
// 0 = Default (centre)
// 1 = Left side
// 2 = Right side

Why would you like to add this feature?
This would make skinners think more at their creativity on what to put on this empty field, making osu! more awesome!

Why would you request this if you can just widen the width of the image leaving one of the sides transparent?
It is to prevent clicking on the empty field. Also, hovering the buttons won't look good.
Also,

This is a duplicate: t/9354
I know its a duplicate but I don't feel bumping a very old thread (5 years).
Also, I wanted to give more information for this.

Two more examples
deadbeat
you kind of already can do something like this by changing the width of the elements themselves
Topic Starter
Nathanael

deadbeat wrote:

you kind of already can do something like this by changing the width of the elements themselves

Nathanael wrote:

Why would you request this if you can just widen the width of the image leaving one of the sides transparent?
It is to prevent clicking on the empty field. Also, hovering the buttons won't look good.
Also,
deadbeat
i know, i'm just saying :p
i rather changing the elements width since you can do more that way, but having a location option in the skin.ini could work as well
Oinari-sama
I'd prefer the buttons line up at the bottom of the screen in a single line.
Topic Starter
Nathanael

Oinari-sama wrote:

I'd prefer the buttons line up at the bottom of the screen in a single line.
Looks a good idea too. I'll add that on the first post but I need to provide an example first.
Primula_old
I think we should be able to give a position offset from default.
Like:
PauseButtonOffset: 200, -100
Would move the button location 200 pixels to the right and 100 pixels up.

Such changes should be possible to apply to various other skinning elements (obviously excluding things like hit circles).
I think I requested in the past to make this possible with the map headers.
I want them moved a little towards the right.. T^T
Chamelo
^ This.

Changing the position of these is a good idea, for designing part.
SkyBloo
How to remove the hidden buttons at center
Jazxss
how to apply this??