forum

[Archived] osu!!test build not updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Problem Details:
Running the test build manually, I'm being told that A; I'm up to date, then B; when bancho tries to connect, it says that I'm actually not up to date and I can't connect, rendering the client unusable. Image speaks for itself.

What I've tried:
Deleting osu!test.dll and .BAK file
Deleting osu!test.exe and running the updater again
Restarted the PC
Re-installed osu! to a new location and new drive completely, logging in, and attempting to log in that way.

-Manually replacing the osu!test.exe managed to allow me to connect, new issues raised though.
Even when connected to the test build, the Target Practice mod icon, and even a draw region to select it isn't present, image added.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
No icon:

osu! version: 20140305.3test (latest)
Nathanael
Try to download it manually: osu!test.exe
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Excellent, thanks. Manually worked.

However the issue still remains. It seems that for some reason 20140305.3test was being recognized as 20140308test and refusing to automatically update. I did just override the executable so I can't post to test for results... Didn't think that one through, but yeah.
Nathanael
I just updated my test build using the updater and it worked fine.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
New issue added to the main post.

And Nathanael, peppy removed the test build tickbox from the updater, he even said so when I asked him in chat around 45 minutes ago:

Nathanael
If I recall correctly, the checkbox for the test build option usually appears when osu!test itself executes the updater.
The missing icon is not stored on the application itself but from a DLL file (probably osu!ui.dll).

Topic Starter
[Sean]
I recall being able to start osu!me and ticking the box manually. Doing so starts a new update and downloads all files for the test build. It's how I've always updated the test build, personally. Since the game has been able to automatically update, osu!me hasn't launched, meaning that if it was the case that osu! would launch osu!me and the tickbox would be there, it wouldn't be able to obtain. The new updates have probably made osu!me redundant. Well, almost.
TheVileOne
peppy most likely found it unnecessary, because osu! will automatically download updates for both builds when you have them installed.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
That's true. But still... I think for the current test-build users there should be an osu!me specifically for the testing client. That way if something like this does arise, it can be fixed with a simple manual update.