forum

So you think you can noodle?

posted
Total Posts

Are you happy with this converter?

Yes
83.69%
Yes, but there I some things I don't like/extra things I would like to see (specify in comments)
10.57%
No, I'd like to see something else (specify in comments)
5.74%
Total votes: 331
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Hi Guise

So I thought we had a lack of LN maps, so I made this converter.

What the algo does is: it takes a map, and converts it to a (usually much harder) noodlemap. Not for beginners.
It will use up all lanes, so make sure you have a keyboard that can press all keys.
One limitation of the algorithm is that it doesn't convert any keysounds/hitsounds.

How to use:
Only for Windoze users. Sorry.
When the filedialog opens, select a .osu file you want to convert (only works for o!m maps).
I advise to go to osu!/songs/pickyoursong and pick your .osu file there. It will save the new map in the same folder, you'll only have to refresh osu.
After that, it will ask for whether or not you want to specify advanced settings. Type 'n' if you don't want to give it any special tweaks or if you don't understand the advanced settings.

.osu files will only work for osu when they are together with their appropriate mp3s (and hitsounds etc).
.osu =/= .osz, it's not something you can put into the main song folder or drag into osu.
Just go to the song folder when the app starts, pick your map there, pick your osu file there, convert it and refresh osu (F5 or go back to main menu, then go to songs again).
Then you can find it by typing the name of the song you converted itno osu search or something.

Explanation of advanced settings:

Beatgap:
determines the size of the gaps between Long Notes.
options: ['r', '0, '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', ...'] this should explain. 'r' for random.
default setting: '4'

Beatgap: min/max value
If you picked 'r', you will have to specify the min and max value as a range the algorithm will randomly pick from.
options: [ '0, '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', ...'] this should explain.

Min noodle length
This variable represents the minimum length of a LN. Should a noodle turn out to be shorter than this, it will be turned into a normal note.
options: ['r', '0, '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', ...'] this should explain. 'r' for random.
default setting: '4'

Min noodle length: min/max value
If you picked 'r', you will have to specify the min and max value as a range the algorithm will randomly pick from.
options: ['0, '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', ...'] this should explain.

LN Style
This determines how long notes are transformed from the original map to the new map.
options: '0' will 'cut out' the long note (effectively turning it into an inversed long note), '1' means it will be treated as a normal note
default setting: '0'

Force
If you set either beatgap or minimum noodle length to random, you can choose to softforce the notes into LN.
It may not convert everything into long notes, but it should convert more when this is enabled.
options: '1' to enable, '0' to disable
default setting: '0'

Recommended
- if you want to convert a map that already has LN walls, consider putting LN Style to '1' if you feel like there are not enough long notes converted.
- if you want inverted wall maps, try using a higher beatgap and min length (recommending 3 to 5)
- if you want korean LN style, try using a lower beatgap and min length (recommending 2 to 4)
- may I remind you that it makes maps much harder: you should probably mainly be converting maps that are really easy for you.
- the quality of the output will depend on how good you can manipulate the settings and the map input. My point is, try converting a few different maps and try out different settings before concluding it's worthless.
- it should work for every keymode so try it out if you feel like it!

dl:
for windows vista or newer: http://puu.sh/7qttO.zip
for win XP: http://puu.sh/7qtC5.zip

vid:
Tear
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
Try it on 1 star maps with gap: 2 or 4.
It should output some beginner LN maps (around lvl 25-35 o2jam)
I'm afraid it doesn't really get any easier though :) But if you are a beginner, you shouldn't worry about LN walls yet anyway!
ArcherLove
Sill, Mania is unstable right now, so~
Maiz94
Great for practicing for LNs \:D/ although, this kind of map would never to be rank in here. \:D/
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
bump for update (I hope you don't get the missing file error now, plus I added some more features)
Yuki Toboe
This is interesting, looks neat for those who want to play more LN maps.

What skin is it you're using in that video?
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
custom skin, mainly a combination of many existing ones. http://puu.sh/7nA0r.zip
iantanye
amazing
andromeda2020
it looks like fun converting them to LN.
zKskita
Please don't do this, for the love of god.
Agka

zKskita wrote:

Please don't do this, for the love of god.
go ln yourself
Drace
LNs are good for the soul.

Treat yourself to some noodles once in a while and you'll feel rejuvenated!

Gimme dem noodles oh great chef
Maiz94

Drace wrote:

Mmmmmm.... ~

DestinySonata
apparently i can't noodle at all
Natame-
Oh yes

Topic Starter
Xcrypt
update:
- support for windows XP
- the program does not exit when it's done converting (so you can convert more maps)
- multiselect implemented (convert multiple .osu files at once, use ctrl+click)
PyaKura

ishimaru94 wrote:

Drace wrote:

Mmmmmm.... ~

I'm so done
Zealtron
Noodles 3tough5me
October Scream
Obviously I'm doing something wrong here xD

How do you get the new noodle song into the folder? I go through it all till the pick new map part, but I load the game and I can't find it.
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
.osu files will only work for osu when they are together with their appropriate mp3s (and hitsounds etc).
.osu =/= .osz, it's not something you can put into the main song folder or drag into osu.
Just go to the song folder when the app starts, pick your map there, pick your osu file there, convert it and refresh osu (F5 or go back to main menu, then go to songs again).
Then you can find it by typing the name of the song you converted itno osu search or something.
xxbidiao
I guess this is something like an option which you can see when pressing F2 in LR2... :)
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
update:
fixed a bug when using softforce (finally, that was one annoying bug to find)
now you can choose from preset styles.

I'm not really happy with the whole thing, there's a lot more that can be done with it but my code is messy as fuck.
But well at least it was helpful for getting back into coding, moving on to other projects soon.
I hope at least some of you are having fun with it :)
October Scream

Xcrypt wrote:

So osu! needs to be running when I use the converter?
xxbidiao

October Scream wrote:

Xcrypt wrote:

So osu! needs to be running when I use the converter?
No. But if you want to see the convert result instantly, you should have your osu! running.
Envisionise
This is amazing. <3 you xcrypt

When I play I hold the LNs too hard because i'm uncomfortable playing them, so it's really tiring and I suck, BAD. Great for training, hats off to you bro!
iydras
It turns the map from easy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>insane
nice job 8-) 8-)
Taadashi
Haven't had a chance to try this one out yet. Will do it later this evening. :)
Fee_old_1
I want to try this out but it seems that every time I convert a beatmap it doesn't appear in game, when i convert the file it is in the folder as a .osu file but not in game.
Thing O Doom
So what is a LN map? I see the term around a ton but there's no glossary or anything... (link me if wrong)

Also I suck so bad at this sort of map with random holds HOW NOODLE FINGERS HOW
Topic Starter
Xcrypt
LN map = a map with lots of LN(=noodles or long notes)
Thing O Doom

Xcrypt wrote:

LN map = a map with lots of LN(=noodles or long notes)
Thank you
show more