forum

New player - I'm terrible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enamour
I hope this is the right section as I hardly post on these forums but I've been wondering something lately. I notice I'm trash at this game and my accuracy is pretty terrible but so far I only find hard and Insane maps fun to play even if it means I'll more then likely make a D. My question is, is it fine to play these maps as a beginner? I have noticed that I have improved especially considering I don't play like everyday unless circumstances provide me with time. Any response would be great! Thanks in advance.
Nathanael
Don't force yourself playing beatmaps that are too difficult for you.
And you're not really a new player. You've joined 5 months ago... :/
RaneFire
As long as you are not mashing buttons because the maps are too fast or hard to read, or flailing your cursor around trying to hit as many notes as possible, you should be fine.

Although somehow, I think that to get a D, you're probably doing that and it's not a good idea. Play stuff which you can read the patterns and then interpret into action, rather than playing whack-a-mole at 1000x speed.

You can play stuff that's too fast for you, but it must be comprehensible or else you are wasting your time.
Noobsicle
you could try watching an auto playthrough of the maps you want to play, so you can get a sense of rhythm and better accuracy

it would help to play easier maps to get used to the game doe
Topic Starter
Enamour

Nathanael wrote:

Don't force yourself playing beatmaps that are too difficult for you.
And you're not really a new player. You've joined 5 months ago... :/
Sorry I meant new as in I hardly have any play time in this game compared to others (maybe not even 24 hours worth yet? idk). So yes I did join 5 months ago but I've hardly been playing.

As for the rest, I feel like I know a fair bit of the patterns but I completely miss notes (sometimes even easy ones) while other times I manage to go on a streak on much harder parts.
ElykColdster
Jesus Christ dude your playcount is only 1000. Lighten up and enjoy the game.
Cozzzy
Only 1k plays, it's fine :D

Imo, it's much easier to identify and work on weak areas specifically than on performance as a whole. Is the low accuracy from missing the circles with your cursor, or timing your taps incorrectly? If it's just problems with reading the map in general, then yeah, play easier stuff. (Also, mouse accel disabled if it isn't already)
Yano
Dude you have a 1k Playcount ... I'm an old Player and I'm shitty
Topic Starter
Enamour

ElykColdster wrote:

Jesus Christ dude your playcount is only 1000. Lighten up and enjoy the game.
Oh don't misunderstand, I'm having a lot of fun haha. I'd just like to improve a bit more in the process but there's no dire need xD Some of these maps are EXTREMELLY fun for me.

Cozzzy wrote:

Only 1k plays, it's fine :D

Imo, it's much easier to identify and work on weak areas specifically than on performance as a whole. Is the low accuracy from missing the circles with your cursor, or timing your taps incorrectly? If it's just problems with reading the map in general, then yeah, play easier stuff. (Also, mouse accel disabled if it isn't already)
From what I can tell *most* of it is from moving either too fast and just barely over shotting the circle or moving too slow and not getting in the hit area correctly. When I first started I couldn't even hit the triple fast notes but now I can hit a fair bit of those haha. So hopefully just with a bit more practice and reading some more tips I'm finding from here and other threads I'll start hitting more notes consistently. :D