forum

[invalid] [chat] One-key repeater

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +43
Topic Starter
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
when we type "^" in chat, it turns into "I agree!"

I think this is not a prefect behaviour, it should instead copy the words the player above has just written

for example:

rinkon: hi, watch me play mother ship + DT~
Baihe House: DT妈船 四暗刻
[CSGA]Ar3sgice: ^
Mintong: ^
Tsukuyomi: ^
Flower: ^

will become

rinkon: hi, watch me play mother ship + DT~
Baihe House: DT妈船 四暗刻
[CSGA]Ar3sgice: DT妈船 四暗刻
Mintong: DT妈船 四暗刻
Tsukuyomi: DT妈船 四暗刻
Flower: DT妈船 四暗刻

what do you think?

edit:

hamburger200 wrote:

I think it's better to use "/re" to copy the line above into the chatbar.
Then we can edit the text and play advanced repeaters.
Shikinami Asuka
^
Knd
^
Nathanael
Its not a good idea imo. I'm sure the moderators doesn't want to see the chat console spammed like that.
LittleF_old
i think repeat should be just a click away!!! :)
FrzR

LittleF wrote:

i think repeat should be just a click away!!! :)
*press. :D

Also, ^.
EDIT, Extra note. Doing these has a chance to get the conversation confusing. For example when someone says something you agreed on, someone ninja'd a line and after saying '^' other people might think that you agreed to the other person's saying instead. (I hope what i said isn't more confusing lol)
EmingK
osu! needs more fuduji
deadbeat
i like the current behaviour more.
Flower
Maybe allow copying chat message? It's annoying to copy something to other places using /savelog.
Twaoi
pw384

Twaoi wrote:

^

well, repeating other's words is a special internet culture in the Chinese-OSU community (especially in mapping community). Since I prefer to allow copy other's comments instead of repeating via pressing only one key, but I still support this!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111
Nathanael
Is that so? Well I guess a cooldown period should be added if this will be really implemented.
RL_Tibbar
Kinomi
一键复读
Groumiezi
m o r e s p a m p l s

hhhhhhhh
Chitose
I see this doing nothing but encouraging quote spam in chat.
Nathanael

Chitose wrote:

I feel the same. Rejected?
Piine

Chitose wrote:

May I second this as future spam
Kayla
All this will do is create spam. There are plenty other cultures and countries that play osu. We should not add a spammy feature just because its common in chinese internet culture. I think if anything it should just be changed back to ^ instead of "I agree!" and "lol" and o.o should stop being censored.

Strongly Opposed.
ksg
I can only see this resulting in Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam. Sorry, I had to.
Opposing.
D33d
Gosh, who in their right mind would want to see this?

Nathanael
Well then. Marking this thread as invalid until there is a good and valid reason.