forum

new mechanical switches by razer (orange)

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

Breiz wrote:

I just can't stand the cheap feel when clicking with razer mice. Also.. who the hell uses headsets? They combine a shitty mic with absurdly bad sound quality for way too much money. They also look ridiculous, yes i'm looking at all those riced >muh razer gear products. Mousepads are fine.
Everybody I know that owns a razer headset is quite happy with it, and they all have crisp mics so I assume they're good quality too.
I also own one and have no problems with it, the sound is a lot better than my beats which I'm happy with that improvement.

Also implying you don't look ridiculous wearing ANY headset, and you're most likely going to be wearing them in an environment where nobody can see you so why would it matter?
Noobsicle

Purple wrote:

Now it has switches made by who would fucking know.
God they even inscribed the Razer on the switches, as if that would make anyone feel better
I don't hate them, it's the obvious 60 million keystrokes marketing fraud that pisses everyone off
apparently they're partnered with kailh, a chinese company that sells cheaper switches (someone linked an imgur/geekhack thingy on page 2/3, should check that out)

here sum images taken from everywhere
you can see the kailh logo on the switch body

yeah pro MLG players will definitely notice this

other marketing bs: recolouring switches to bright gamer razer green and orange to reel in the fanboys and labeling them as THE FIRST EVA GAMER SWITCH XD XD. 60m keystroke as mentioned, 0.3mm actuation difference = pro-er gamer swag undefeatedness etc, the over-exaggerated claims by this guy

hue
buny

Noobsicle wrote:

Purple wrote:

Now it has switches made by who would fucking know.
God they even inscribed the Razer on the switches, as if that would make anyone feel better
I don't hate them, it's the obvious 60 million keystrokes marketing fraud that pisses everyone off
apparently they're partnered with kailh, a chinese company that sells cheaper switches (someone linked an imgur/geekhack thingy on page 2/3, should check that out)

here sum images taken from everywhere
you can see the kailh logo on the switch body

yeah pro MLG players will definitely notice this

other marketing bs: recolouring switches to bright gamer razer green and orange to reel in the fanboys and labeling them as THE FIRST EVA GAMER SWITCH XD XD. 60m keystroke as mentioned, 0.3mm actuation difference = pro-er gamer swag undefeatedness etc, the over-exaggerated claims by this guy

hue
Noobsicle

buny wrote:

popularity is everything

._.
Purple
Man if I got paid to look like an idiot, I would definitely be an idiot, can't really blame the guy

20$ is 20$
Rewben2
Well yeah, Doublelift (the guy in the picture) is on clg which is sponsored by razer, it's part of his job to do shit like promoting their products. I doubt he even agrees with what he's saying, lol. Because he is a *top player* people will also buy into everything he says, so he's probably getting a ton of money for doing that as well.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjEs0BB8ZM this
Purple
Cookiezi forfeited hundreds of thousands of dollars by quitting, 5 years from now Razer will be making a tablet specifically for osu! and running adverts with rrtyui instead of him
Rewben2

Purple wrote:

Cookiezi forfeited hundreds of thousands of dollars by quitting, 5 years from now Razer will be making a tablet specifically for osu! and running adverts with rrtyui instead of him
And we will bash the tablets because they are made by Razer and call rrtyui a sellout for supporting it
Noobsicle

Purple wrote:

soz osu! isn't as big popular as league of lolicons

therefore it won't go according to plan

altho razer can just slap on razer logos on any tablet, market it to the LoLs and claim themselves that osu! can improve your aim and accuracy in the lolicons and gg osu! will have more players and razer swims in ca$h cus yea

just realised how successful razer is in terms of marketing, wp ._.
TakuMii
Wait a sec... they're partnered with Kailh? And they're bragging about durability?
Noobsicle

YayMii wrote:

Wait a sec... they're partnered with Kailh? And they're bragging about durability?
welp its either kailh or the ™ that are making the switches themselves

either way i honestly don't believe they will last longer than cherry switches razer's asspulls2stronk also rip in peace esc stem
Fullerene-
Razer switching to a lower quality manufacturer to save on costs, attempting to make up with relentless advertising. Wouldn't say I'm surprised. Not at all.

Though I wish they'd rebrand Topre or something because I'd rather not pay $400 for one :x
Pizzicato
>"clones" of the original mx switches
>are cheaper
>are made in china
GoldenWolf

Pizzicato wrote:

>are cheaper
>are made in china
I can't read it, this color is breaking my eyes
TakuMii

rCaliberGX wrote:

Though I wish they'd rebrand Topre or something because I'd rather not pay $400 for one :x
Cooler Master is doing that, actually (well, not rebranding it, since they're working with Topre). Their upcoming NovaTouch TKL uses Topre 45g switches (modified to be compatible with Cherry MX keycaps) and will cost approx. $150.
Noobsicle

Pizzicato wrote:

>are cheaper
>are made in china
and they're selling them for the same price as the blackwidows with cherry switches :/
yumether
e
buny

Ryford wrote:

I HAVE TO REMEMBER MORE COLORS?
Doubt it, razer won't overtake cherry MX switches with their budget overpriced brands
yumether
e
Topic Starter
[ -Neon- ]
well if i take all of your advice...
i guess i have to look out for a different keyboard when this breaks, and everything is good except razer and everything that works with razer :roll:
Defacer
­
Karuta-_old_1
we all know people buy razer just because the pros use them

I have nothing against razer, but its product are seriously overpriced. The build quality says it all.
But I can't deny the fact that I loved the feel of that razer keyboard that my roommate let me use to play o2jam, it's like it just goes along with my hand well.

I bought a quickfire TK with red switches, works fine without the tactile for me cause I am used to those membrane keyboards from 1995 and it is all bottomed out but still going strong.

If you are more used to harder switches you can try black, choose browns only when you need to tactile feedback for typing with quiet environment cause the feedback can be hard to ignore when you are gaming with it and I don't recommend it to beginners despite what others say. Blue is probably the best balance for typing (lighter than browns + clicky + lower tactile feedback) and gaming producing a byproduct called noise.

Noise Level: Blues>Browns>Reds and others
For gaming it is better to go for reds, blues or black. Brown is not good when you don't need that tactitle feedback (that freakin rebound).
When you get used to keyboards, I don't think you would ever need any tactile feedbacks. But I am on for clickyness anytime lol.