forum

[Editor] Change undo behaviour

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
D33d
One thing that's annoyed me about the editor is that, unlike many other programs--whether it be Word or Sibelius--I can't hold down ctrl+z to undo lots of changes rapidly. Instead, I have to hold down ctrl and then mash z like a machine. This is very unergonomic and clunky, while making the editor's mechanics feel unrefined. I imagine that this would be a simple enough change and I strongly believe that the benefits (being able to skip through undo history more easily) would far outweigh the risks (skipping too many undos and having to ctrl+y).

If this is a bug in my client, then I guess that I should file it as a bug report instead. Otherwise, please consider this suggestion, as it would allow for more fluid mapping. Obviously, this behaviour would also extend to ctrl+y.
Chamelo
How about a photoshop/illustrator style?

A history panel, where it show the list of history we've done, and we can choose to go back at the certain point by just one click?
I think this would be easier since we could overdone the undo by holding it too long.
RatedNC17

Chamelo_Th wrote:

How about a photoshop/illustrator style?

A history panel, where it show the list of history we've done, and we can choose to go back at the certain point by just one click?
I think this would be easier since we could overdone the undo by holding it too long.
I think i like this better though i'm wondering how it could be implemented since there are a lot of things in a single beatmap diff. And besides you can only undo so much to the point where it can't anymore. same as the redo command.
Topic Starter
D33d
Having a list would be too cumbersome for quick undo actions. Overshooting can easily be reversed with ctrl+y, so it shouldn't be that bad at all. That said, I certainly wouldn't say no to an undo history. Maybe a list of things like, "rotated 00:52:242 (1,2,3) by 90°?"