forum

[Archived] osu! patches everytime it opens

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seph
well title says it all, any fix?
XPJ38
If the version number changes with every new patch, it's okay.
Teara
I think he means this.

Tried deleting the osu.exe and running osume.exe again, didn't resolve the issue for me.

Will get back when I get a solution.

^ If anyone has this particular issue, there is a folder called _Update in the osu directory. If you delete it, the problem goes away (it is a hidden folder)
Topic Starter
Seph
Well I'm pretty sure peppy doesn't fix a patch every minute does he lol

Also my case is different(?) from yours, mine is patching ingame and whenever I close the game and open it again, it patches again :v
Teara

Seph wrote:

He doesn't?!

What blaspheme is this.

Yea, my bad, pretty tired and lazy, didnt read the title properly =p
Piine

Teara wrote:

Seph wrote:

He doesn't?!

What blaspheme is this.

Yea, my bad, pretty tired and lazy, didnt read the title properly =p
Oh Teara-nyan-san. So cute. like ever
Though this is happening to me also. Shows saying "Osu has been updated "Every time I move through screens and rooms.
TheVileOne
^ I had that behavior last night. I restarted osu! and it didn't appear anymore.

If deleting osu.exe and running the updater doesn't fix it, you can't fix it on your end.
TheVileOne
I think I may have a theory why this happened. I have no evidence it still happens, but I noticed today if I ignore an update and play a few maps, eventually the game considers my build as current and no longer notifies me that there is an update and displays a message as if I had already restarted. There was no negative consequences to this.