forum

The Brother Chaps - Stinkoman Level 1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jai Heart
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 3:11:34 PM

Artist: The Brother Chaps
Title: Stinkoman Level 1
Source: http://www.videlectrix.com/
Tags: Homestar Runner Stinkoman
BPM: 96
Filesize: 1409kb
Play Time: 00:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. 1-Up (3.55 stars, 40 notes)
  2. Cheatball (0.91 stars, 30 notes)
  3. Stinkoman (4.57 stars, 76 notes)
Download: The Brother Chaps - Stinkoman Level 1
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
EDIT: Changed some sliders and sync, and removed the annoying stoaryboard.
Senor Cardgage
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Jai Heart

Senor Cardgage wrote:

So I starts lookin' for maps to mod, and I see Stinkoman Level 1. Seeing how Stinkoman 20X6 is my favorite Homestar Runner game, I'm ecstatic that someone's made a map out of the coolest level music from it. I can't wait to mod this sucker.

Until I actually see it in action.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but this needs some serious work. In its current state, it's practically unplayable.

A few things to push you in the right direction:

1. Get rid of that obnoxious storyboarding for the time being. As it stands, it's random, sloppy, and serves as a major distraction. If you really want to have some storyboarding in this level, have somebody over at the help forums give you a hand.
2. Spacing, spacing, spacing. You have some widely spaced beats practically sitting on top of each other, and you have others that are real tight halfway across the map. Distance Snap is your friend here.
3. I noticed in some places that the timing is really, really off. It looks like you changed the timing at some point, resnapped the notes, but didn't bother to fix the ones that didn't get snapped properly. Go through your map and manually fix the ones that are still off.
4. I understand that short sliders seem to be a standard in most osu! maps, but that doesn't give you a reason to abuse them. Some of those sliders look downright horrible. Try and maintain a balance between the short and long sliders to make your maps more diverse and interesting.
5. In the 1up map, you have two really short Spinners nailed back to back. This is a huge no-no. Combine them into one spinner for best results.

As it stands, this map is practically Nukeworthy, but I see potential. Just fix the things I pointed out and we'll go from there. :)
Ok. I updated the beatmap. :3
James2250
timing
bpm:96.000
offset:1911 *dont forget to resnap* using 1/4 should be fine

after timing change go through map and check that all notes are in the right place (you might have to move some)

side note: in a 40 second map I really dont think you need a break