forum

So few ranked/approved maps!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CaptainAhab_old
Why are there so few maps that are Ranked + Approved for Catch the Beat? Do that few people play this mode?!
Deif
Few people map, few people mod. Nothing more, nothing else.
Spectator

Deif wrote:

Few people map, few people mod. Nothing more, nothing else.
sad reality
ursa
I hope more modder will active soon ;w;
Sousaki
There are some, but just a few :(
Stefan
I am too dumb for this mode; mapping and playing. orz
Laharl

Stefan wrote:

This.
But actually I wanna try since I suck at standard mapping.
- Rii -
Kitokofox
I really think more people need to mod for CtB and map for CtB. Remember, don't be afraid to give mapping a try! It's also fine to encourage it in alternative languages too.
ursa

Stefan wrote:

*2 years playing ctb & almost 1 year for ctb mapping & modding

I'm still suck at hitsounding , timing & else
I'm still not like my result for mapping
I'm a slowpoke mapping & even 1 week even a diff can't be cleared
I'm bad on modding, even on ctb diff
& I'm worst even for mapping other modegameplay , even my friend said mapping std

*but I want to improve.

CTB still growing ,but I want to See many ctb maps are ranked & more active ctb modder
Kitokofox
Don't down yourself. Don't be afraid to get help from CtB modders as well as mappers. You can make awesome maps if you try and put in a lot of effort, much like with playing the game itself. Look deep into the mode and carefully think about everything you do.
TheVileOne
It's hard to have a thriving mapping community when the game doesn't take inspiration from an outside source of popularity. The other gamemodes are based on very popular gametypes and (AFAIK) CTB was a unique gamemode made by peppy. Combine that reason and the fact that CTB maps weren't rankable until about a year or so ago and you will understand why there aren't maps for CTB.

You don't need CTB specific maps anyways. There's a wide variety of nice conversions to play and unless you're a top grade CTB pro, there's is little reason why a conversion would not be good enough. The main reason that the community pressed for CTB specific maps originally was because Tag maps became unrankable and CTB players still wanted maps that could push their skill level.

I think mapping will increase when a CTB specific editor is introduced.
DeathXHunter

TheVileOne wrote:

CTB was a unique gamemode made by peppy.
Go away.
TheVileOne
???

._.

If you have useful knowledge about where peppy got the idea from, please provide it. I heard that this was the case, but if it is not the case, please correct me.
bomber34

TheVileOne wrote:

???

._.

If you have useful knowledge about where peppy got the idea from, please provide it. I heard that this was the case, but if it is not the case, please correct me.
peppy said he came up with the idea for the mode alone without inspiration from other games
but the game style was already there in other games. So the game style isn't so unique :P
Ez2catch or so ~ a game mode or mini game in EZ2DJ IIRC
Yuzeyun
ursa
CTB only need more BAT's

after we got more CTB BAT's , I'm sure soon there are more ctb modders will born

, also I'm sorry for my post before , saying such a post that makes my fellow ctb players & mappers down.

You don't need CTB specific maps anyways. There's a wide variety of nice conversions to play and unless you're a top grade CTB pro, there's is little reason why a conversion would not be good enough. The main reason that the community pressed for CTB specific maps originally was because Tag maps became unrankable and CTB players still wanted maps that could push their skill level.
for some reason I agree. some player think , some player said that you must be pro to make a ctb specific maps. but the truth ,it's not like that , because the most important thing to make a map is to let othe peoples play with the map. Most of ctb players are interested for trying new maps , because ctb player likes more challengin maps & CTB players still wanted maps that could push their skill level.

also even Tag maps became unrakable. there still a way to make maps that simmilar to Tag maps, but it reachable.

so, the only problems why so few ranked/approved maps! is because we need more CTB BAT's & modders
autofanboy

TheVileOne wrote:

It's hard to have a thriving mapping community when the game doesn't take inspiration from an outside source of popularity. The other gamemodes are based on very popular gametypes and (AFAIK) CTB was a unique gamemode made by peppy. Combine that reason and the fact that CTB maps weren't rankable until about a year or so ago and you will understand why there aren't maps for CTB.

I think mapping will increase when a CTB specific editor is introduced.
not really
so taiko and mania maps won't be needed too.. if you mean ctb are like tag4 maps?

taiko = beats are the clapping, finishing, whistling noise
and the original map will have claps, finishes, whistles too

mania = the beats and the placement (i think)
and the original map will have them both

but not really, since every modes have its special and unique point:
osu standard = test for your mouse movement / tablet movement; tapping (beat)
taiko = test for tapping according to the beats (different sounds and noises)
ctb = test for your fingers on moving left / right; dash mind (the mind that you decide to dash or not)
mania = test for multiple beats tapping

and another point is, if there are taiko and mania specific maps, why not ctb specific maps?

in ctb there are some patterns are quite hard as well, not only taiko and mania specific maps

mapping ctb is not just because of making it tag4-like, its because of:
1. fun & interesting
- the patterns
2. train on patterns as you said
- red fruit jumping
- two side dashing
- different types of jumping (cannot list them all because a lot of patterns)
3. have taiko / mania specific maps

and major point why few ranked/approved ctb maps are here is because of few reasons:
1. few ctb bats (ya)
2. few ctb mappers (less maps to be ranked/approved)
3. few ctb modders (less stars for the maps to get bubbled and ranked/approved eventually)

(imo)
Valseem_old

ursa wrote:

Stefan wrote:

*2 years playing ctb & almost 1 year for ctb mapping & modding

I'm still suck at hitsounding , timing & else
Neither hitsounding nor timing have anything to do with CTB MAPPING, timing and hitsounding is something you must do on everymap ( standard, ctb, taiko, mania)
Yuzeyun

alienflybot wrote:

and another point is, if there are taiko and mania specific maps, why not ctb specific maps?
your analogy here is terrible here.

99.9% of standard conversions to taiko are not taiko maps, a non-negligible amount of them being unplayable (sup mad machine and all other retarded 1/8).
taiko hitsounding is totally different from standard hitsounding... have you played actual taiko maps?

ctb uses x-placement of notes. lots of maps are suitable for such things, but yet better players find them too easy. beginners can try a lot of conversions (some insanes can even be of their level) but when you reach pro level, you're pretty much bored and go to approval maps - which have bad characteristics (still too easy to clear, low HP drain) that aren't challenge worthy. they pushed it (and actually have asked for it along with rankable mode specific mapsets) for this reason.
show more