forum

[added] Make mods modify shown CS/HP/AR/OD in song select.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +488
show more
Maldita Sea
I was about to post this.

I don't know how to get stars though :(((
Topic Starter
Nvirjskly

Lach wrote:

Except HR, DT, EZ, HT push settings to values that aren't an actual setting in the game, which is what the current setup displays.
Neither is the BPM of a 100 BPM song 150, but it is under DT. If I play an AR8 song with HR, am I still reading AR8 or am I reading AR10?
encryptik
Support!
dennischan
Nice idea.
Support
Mikazuki
nice idea,take my star!
Neymarcus
bump
Enzo_old
Yes, please.
NotThat
Would be a good change, yespls. :)
loldcraft
But its not always a round number. For example dt ar9 is NOT ar10
(Unless you want to put decimals...)
Oinari-sama

loldcraft wrote:

I don't mind seeing 2 decimal points like osu!tp
Topic Starter
Nvirjskly

loldcraft wrote:

And that's fine. Most people use the convention AR10.3 for instance, and that would describe that it is a bit faster than AR10. Do you know off the top of your head that OD7+HR is OD9.6? Showing that would describe that it's not as hard as OD10, but is Harder than OD9. Decimals to one or two places would be appropriate IMO.
Luna

Nvirjskly wrote:

Do you know off the top of your head that OD7+HR is OD9.6?
But it's 9.8 :c
Topic Starter
Nvirjskly

Luna wrote:

Nvirjskly wrote:

Do you know off the top of your head that OD7+HR is OD9.6?
But it's 9.8 :c
See this is why we need this feature.
Satyrsaw
I Totaly support this, +2 ☆. Lets see what ppepy has to say about this :)
Tom94
Since the upcoming new stars are planned to adjust to chosen mods, it'd only make sense to have this display adjust, too. There's nothing speaking against implementing this.
One tricky thing, though, is, that OD is not only the hitwindow, so there is no sensible way to adjust it when DoubleTime / HalfTime is applied. A possible solution would be to show the HitWindow(s) instead. That could also overcome the misunderstandings rising from having different OD scales for each mode.
Oinari-sama

Tom94 wrote:

Since the upcoming new stars are planned to adjust to chosen mods, it'd only make sense to have this display adjust, too. There's nothing speaking against implementing this.
One tricky thing, though, is, that OD is not only the hitwindow, so there is no sensible way to adjust it when DoubleTime / HalfTime is applied. A possible solution would be to show the HitWindow(s) instead. That could also overcome the misunderstandings rising from having different OD scales for each mode.
Imo having hit windows display will be an improvement over current system. Now people will know exactly what the time scale is on the hit error bar (without looking things up) :D
TheGreatEops
Sounds good enough , but it shouldn't be limited to DT/NC only . HR should also have an affect on it . Not too sure about HD/FL since they don't really affect these in any way . Same should go for SD / PF . Consequently , the "make the game easy mods"(I have no idea how their called -_-) should also affect these stats . +1 Star
Unsafeman121
I think this would be a nice addition ~ +1
Derekku
Just came here to suggest this; have some stars!
AmaiHachimitsu
t/196884 Something bigger though, I included this topic there as an addition. Since we have PP algorithm we can display the "real" difficulty also.
TheTrueNorth
+2 stars for you
Reaver_old_1
This will be really useful, so you can take this ➝ ★
Toadsworth
This would be good :D
NicoNicoNiii
+1 This would be helpful a lot
Bara-
Now with decimal values, this cn work out
Kawatta
Oh god, yes please!
Tom94
I made HardRock and Easy change the values displayed. However I am not sure how to go about changing these values with DoubleTime and HalfTime, since these mods just make the map play faster rather than actually changing these values. This means, that displaying different values as OD and Drain is plain wrong. There would be different results when basing on 300s vs 100s etc. Any suggestions?
Full Tablet

Tom94 wrote:

I made HardRock and Easy change the values displayed. However I am not sure how to go about changing these values with DoubleTime and HalfTime, since these mods just make the map play faster rather than actually changing these values. This means, that displaying different values as OD and Drain is plain wrong. There would be different results when basing on 300s vs 100s etc. Any suggestions?
I think it could be done with one of these:

Display OD7+DT as either:
A) "OD7↑"
B) "OD9↑"

Option A is more accurate (the arrow just shows that the timing windows are tighter than normal OD7, while still being technically OD7, since it doesn't change other things affected by OD), but B would show a more relevant value for most players (the timing window for 300 in that case is the same as OD9, the arrow shows that the other timing windows are tighter than normal OD9).
xasuma

Tom94 wrote:

DT could be treated exactly the same as ar, for example. Where od=7 , with dt is od=9 . Or where od 8 , with dt is od=9.6 .according to this chart. (And i did the math to be sure, realizing the values are slightly approximated)
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup#Overall_Difficulty

And if drain is also affected 0.33% (which i actually dont know) , then it would be the same.

Im not sure what you mean by basing on 300s vs 100s.
Full Tablet

xasuma wrote:

Im not sure what you mean by basing on 300s vs 100s.
OD7 with DT has the same timing window for 300s than OD9, but the timing windows for OD7+DT for 100s and 50s are stricter than for OD9.
The same is true for any base OD.

For example, OD7+DT has the same timing window for 100s than OD10.4167 (10.5 if rounding down to the nearest millisecond)
Comparing with 50s instead, OD7+DT would be OD11.267 (11.3 when rounding)
(Extrapolating linearly the timing values from the tables for values over 10).
Oinari-sama

Full Tablet wrote:

For example, OD7+DT has the same timing window for 100s than OD10.4167 (10.5 if rounding down to the nearest millisecond)
Comparing with 50s instead, OD7+DT would be OD11.267 (11.3 when rounding)
(Extrapolating linearly the timing values from the tables for values over 10).
I'm leaning towards showing base OD with an indicator (eg OD7*, OD7+ or Option A).

Having an arrow or +/- indicators are probably more useful when correlating to DT/HT though.
Kodehawa_old
Support! :3
deadbeat
tom, we love you
Period
tom i love you
Bass
DoubleTime should be added aswell(Aqo's and isokajapupuja's tables should be handy while implementing this)
deadbeat
Tom is planning on adding support for DT/HT, see above posts for more info :p
kurufu
First I would like to say thanks so much Tom for implementing this but on DT

Full Tablet wrote:

I think it could be done with one of these:

Display OD7+DT as either:
A) "OD7↑"
B) "OD9↑"

Option A is more accurate (the arrow just shows that the timing windows are tighter than normal OD7, while still being technically OD7, since it doesn't change other things affected by OD), but B would show a more relevant value for most players (the timing window for 300 in that case is the same as OD9, the arrow shows that the other timing windows are tighter than normal OD9).
I would just like to point out that OD7^ (like it is now) is more or less ... meaningless to me. Unless I only play or play tons of DT (in which case its still meaningless because I can just look at the base AR/OD/HP). Similarly AR7^ is useless. I know its base is AR7 before even putting on DT because I can look at the base, and I know I have DT on cause i selected it.

AR7^ doesn't give me any information as someone coming INTO playing DT. AR9.6 or AR9^ gives me infinitely more knowledge. I know that if I struggle with AR9 I'm gonna struggle even more to read this, meanwhile AR7^ only tells me I'm playing with DT.

Who knows if this will be seen as it was already marked Completed but that's the end of my rant.
deadbeat

kurufu wrote:

Who knows if this will be seen as it was already marked Completed but that's the end of my rant.
DT/HF support is planned, but it's just a matter of how at this point from what i know.
xasuma
Im not sure if anyone will read this. But when you apply hr and dt at the same time, the ar is not updated correctly.
deadbeat

xasuma wrote:

Im not sure if anyone will read this. But when you apply hr and dt at the same time, the ar is not updated correctly.
maybe because dt isn't supported yet :p
i'm sure that'll be fixed when the support is added
show more