forum

Green skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoshi_green
Hey everyone~

This is my second skin that I'm posting here on the forums - it's the Green Skin \o/

It's only skinned for standard mode again, since I don't have the knowledge and experience for skinning other modes.

It's in a .rar file, so you will need WinRAR or something of the sort to extract it... I can't get an .osk file extension to work for some reason...

As shown from the screenshots below, the in-game elements were originally very distracting and even I, who is able to play with video enabled, storyboard enabled, 0% BG dim, and lag, found it a bit flashy. So I made a little Lite version of this skin to go along with it. Inside the skin folder, there's another .rar file called Replacements.rar, and you can extract that to replace the following elements to make gameplay look simpler and less distracting:
  1. cursor
  2. cursortrail (invisible)
  3. hit300/300g/300k (invisible)
  4. followpoint-0 (make sure to delete followpoint-1 to 4 if you decide to replace this
  5. hitcircle (more simple)
  6. hitcircleoverlay (much more simple)
  7. reversearrow (...it looks... different, that's all)
Screenshots!
Main menu↓

Song selection↓

Mod selection↓

Gameplay + kiai fountain↓

Spinner↓
z

Results screen↓

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?9dqvjdlur3ccz1k

Personal likes
  1. The glassy look on the mods
  2. The spinner
  3. The menu sfx
  4. The ranking-panel
Personal dislikes
  1. The fact that I copied a few of these elements from my previous skin and was too lazy to skin every single thing from scratch
  2. The back/skip buttons, even though they're animated, they look pretty ugly
  3. The whole HP bar because I put so little effort into that, yet was too lazy again to change it...
  4. The lighting isn't anything special. Same goes with the star and star2[
  5. Both reversearrows are kind of ugly, to be perfectly honest
[/list]

A preview video will be up within 24 hours.

Hope you enjoy~!
FrzR
I like this skin. With its shiny stuff. :D

I like the main menu. Though i would like to give you a tip about the screenshots tab on this thread. Instead of just posting the link, you could do [img]url_here[/img] and the result is like this:
Topic Starter
Yoshi_green
I thought that I can save a bit of scrolling time by linking them instead; but if that's what you suggest, then I can go ahead and change that right away ^^
Chippy
Been hyped for this finished version all week, love it. Especially because my favorite color is Green
Topic Starter
Yoshi_green

Chippy wrote:

Been hyped for this finished version all week, love it. Especially because my favorite color is Green
Thanks~

Also, video has been uploaded, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8ki9QfSzQ
Psyrim
Nice Skin!

its so greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen :P
Heards-
lol