forum

Dio-Rainbow in the Dark My first beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
generalconvo
Ok this is my first one and I know its not great (at all) I would like some constructive criticism...or something...any feedback would be nice :D

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Dio%20-%20Rainbow%20In%20The%20Dark.osz
Lumino
Gave the song a test. When the next update is released, I recommend making use of the 'Break' feature for the sections of the song which have no beats.
This could allow you to change the HP Drain Rate if you feel it's needed.
Some parts of the song felt a little off, not sure if that was just me (never heard the song before and it's not really my type of music).

Other than that, a good first try!
eyup
The timing is a bit off for this song - it's OK at the beginning but really goes afterwards, which indicates the BPM is not correct. A bit of fiddling and adjustment should fix this - just make sure the timing ticker is still in time at the end of the song as well as the beginning.

Also, you don't seem to have used beat snapping, which is why Lumino thought some of the notes were off. I'd suggest fixing the timing, and then using Timing-->Resnap all Notes. After resnapping the notes, the notes may still require some nudging to get them in time - just play the song in edit mode and listen carefully.

As Lumino suggested, try implementing breaks where there are large gaps between notes - this option should be available soon.

Good first time effort!
eyupz
fryedrycestyle
Now just go and make a Holy Diver one. >.>

Only things I saw wrong with it have been mentioned. ;)