forum

Improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hashisin
Greetings!
I've never posted anything to the forums,but I play since quite a while.Anyways, I'm playing the same beatmap(nemis' pretender [insane])for about 1,5 weeks now,and I always fail at about 3/4 of the map.Not so long ago I tried to watch some even harder beatmaps' nightcore/double auto plays,and the pretender just looked so slow,but still my hand couldn't keep up, however I could get a bit further. Btw,I only use my right hand to play osu(mouse+mouse click)dunno if that has to do anything with anything, but I heard that keyboard input is a lot more common(and better maybe?).The question is: What can I do?
Aqo

hashisin wrote:

What can I do?
Practice more.

If practicing didn't work for you, here are alternate solutions:

1. Pray to the Helix god, offer him anarchists as sacrificial lambs.
2. Spend more time on your studies and improve your grades in school.
3. Make a little duck out of paper and hang it by its neck next to a refrigerator for two week. (don't ask me why, but I have confirmed this worked for multiple people and allowed them to pass maps they weren't able to pass before without practicing)
Mathsma
Stop playing the same damn song over and over again. Play other songs that aren't too hard but still challenging and you will get better slowly.
GoldenWolf
Play more, practice, improve your older scores, play newly ranked map every day, come back to this map later, after a day, a week, a month, once you got much better and it'll seem really easy to you, etc etc

There are plenty of things you can do to improve, spamming one map over and over again isn't one of them.
Topic Starter
hashisin
yay,I didn't mean playing it 24/7.Anyways,thx for the advices
Blueprint
Keep playing and then come back to maps and then they will become easier and seem slower, being a noobie my self I notice improvements quiet commonly although it seems long to my self I have infact got no play count so I haven't been here for long to see major improvements, what I think you should do is keep playing challenging your self and when you reach rank 10k then "WE" can complain about improving again because I do believe it only gets harder to learn (notice improvements) as you get better at the game.

I notice little things like...

Last week I got more consistent with bursts not breaking combo on them.
This weekend I've become more familiar with jump patterns and can actually hit them.
I keep track of my progress some what.
Rewben2
Play more

nothing else to it
nooblet
If you fail at the same point every time just go into editor, go to that point, and play it through until you can pass it.

Also, read the "improvement" stickies.
Rewben2

nooblet wrote:

If you fail at the same point every time just go into editor, go to that point, and play it through until you can pass it.
This is a great one if you are trying to fc songs, there's nothing worse than a part of a song that you keep failing but is a long way into the song so you have to keep playing through to get to that part. I like to delete all of the song prior to the hard part and save it as a new difficulty.
buny

Aqo wrote:

hashisin wrote:

What can I do?
Practice more.

If practicing didn't work for you, here are alternate solutions:

1. Pray to the Helix god, offer him anarchists as sacrificial lambs.
2. Spend more time on your studies and improve your grades in school.
3. Make a little duck out of paper and hang it by its neck next to a refrigerator for two week. (don't ask me why, but I have confirmed this worked for multiple people and allowed them to pass maps they weren't able to pass before without practicing)
1 and 3 confirmed to work
[ Stellar ]
How to improve? Don't make threads about improving and just play the game.
If you want to get good at something, keep practicing.
Myke B
you play the damn game. I don't try to ask professional basketball players how they make the majority of their shots lol.
deletemyaccount
Challenge yourself, trust me it works

seriously, play maps that you can just play but still struggle a little bit with. Eventually, something will click and you will see improvement.

trust me
Soulg
would an origami swan be acceptable?
Weed
the problem is you're not playing RLC pretender
Volcanism
Mouse only tends to be more difficult, but it is possible to play very well using this method, though in most cases it will take longer to improve than in the case of keyboard and mouse, for example. If you find a song particularly hard and cannot pass it, you probably don't have the skill level to pass it. Usually I try to improve my skill by practicing on songs that I can pass with fairly low accuracy, though there are other methods of improving depending on the problem (as for you it may not be accuracy).
Aqo

Soulg wrote:

would an origami swan be acceptable?
I'd like to have more research details on this; please try it out and report results.
Tarix

Aqo wrote:

I'd like to have more research details on this; please try it out and report results.
tested and works,
interesting stuff i have found,
time warp when wearing, max warning, may result : HUMAN IS DETO
result before and after :
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1385982 before
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1385984 after
origami swan turns into jelly at present time !
nickname changes, reason is unclear.
interesting results.
do not try if not lab member.
TOP SECRET