forum

[resolved] Allow adjusting volume via hotkey with chat open

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +110
Topic Starter
Kayla
The reason I request this is because when you're in multiplayer you have to wait til the song begins to adjust the volume at all unless you have a scroll wheel. If the volume was changed during the song and they pick a loud song the only way to adjust the volume is to adjust your computer volume because chat (or have a scroll wheel which I do not.)

Its not the biggest deal in the world but it would be a very appreciated change for me. I like adjusting the volume or muting the game for various reasons and I can't do it while in multiplayer.
Aka
talking about multiplayer room, you just have to place your cursor somewhere here and scroll, it would work

edit: ah i see, "UNLESS you have a scroll wheel" ! OAO ...................... ... . . . ...

i bet it was requested before btw .w.
HoboEater
Can't you just press CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN?
electrolytes

HoboEater wrote:

Can't you just press CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN?
Yes, but that shortcut doesn't work while the chat's open for some reason (whether in a multiplayer room or elsewhere).
Coffee Hero
I'm like 90% sure all you have to do to change volume in a multi-lobby is to just click outside of the chat box. Can't check right now though.
electrolytes

TSC wrote:

I'm like 90% sure all you have to do to change volume in a multi-lobby is to just click outside of the chat box. Can't check right now though.
I checked and it doesn't work if you don't have a scroll wheel. I'm pretty sure Kurimu is just asking for the the CTRL+SHIFT+UP/DOWN shortcut to work when the chat's open, whether in multiplayer or elsewhere. I believe it currently doesn't because the UP/DOWN input goes through previously typed messages, even if CTRL and SHIFT are held down.
Topic Starter
Kayla
correct. the hot key doesnt work with chat open and during multiplayer you cannot close chat so it doesnt work at all until the song begins or if youre host or if you back out.. also i cant adjust offset in multiplayer
TheVileOne
This is resolved.