forum

[Archived] Wacom pen is holding down sometimes, other times its not?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs
Problem Details:
Its really akward, I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Splash tablet and I think its the hardware but I'm not so sure. So sometimes when I play osu I'll be playing normally, and suddenly my cursor will be held down and I'm forced to single tap. I'll put my pen down and wait about 20 minutes and it will be back to normal. I'm really unsure why this happens and when I'm in a good multi match I'll have to leave :c. (f10 doesn't work)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10s3w1EWm1Q

osu! version: 20140301.11
Inwerd
Did you changed your pen tip?
The wacom bamboo splash comes with 3 extra of them.
Also, try checking the "Activate Support for TabletPC" in osu! settings.

hope this helps.
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs

Inwerd wrote:

Did you changed your pen tip?
The wacom bamboo splash comes with 3 extra of them.

hope this helps.
As for 1. I've tried it, didn't work, and I've tried it without the tip also no luck :c
For 2. Already had it selected, didn't work, unchecked it, same thing ;_;

Thanks for the help though c:
Lach

Inwerd wrote:

Don't do this, it forces wisptis.exe to be active, which causes more problems than it solves in almost every scenario. Check the side buttons on the pen aren't bound to anything, sometimes they get stuck with use.
Full Tablet
Does this happen outside the game as well?
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs

Full Tablet wrote:

Does this happen outside the game as well?
Whoops, forgot to include that in the post, yes it does happen outside the game.
Inwerd
Then I think the problem is your tablet.
Have you changed the action area? Or the Force proportion? Can't remember the name and I'm not home, sorry.
VendonPlay
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs

Inwerd wrote:

Then I think the problem is your tablet.
Have you changed the action area? Or the Force proportion? Can't remember the name and I'm not home, sorry.
I changed the tablet area, and I'm not sure what the force proportion is o.o.
Inwerd
Well... as you say that your problem continues when you are not in osu!, I must say is something with the tablet itself. Maybe something can be making an interference with the pen. It could be your monitor or any other electronic device near the tablet. Try by cleaning the surface of the tablet and disconnecting your mouse, also, if you can, try it in another place/other computer.
Nagashurai
I remember having something similar occur to me not to long ago (yes, both in and outside of osu). At the time my touch pad had the touch enabled and for some reason clicking with my tablet caused this same bug. The only way that I found to fix it was to click with my mouse to unclick the tablet. I'd suggest using the keyboard for playing osu and disabling the mouse buttons during osu play, also try to keep the mouse nearby for a temporary fix if it does occur again. Try making sure the tablet drivers are up to date and if you're on a computer that never shuts off, try restarting the computer.
Magnolia
if it is the side buttons i would sugest doing the same thing i do and take a pin and pop slide it beside the buttons and pop it out
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs
Both had no luck, I appreciate it.
What I noticed is I can't drag any folders with my mouse o.o
Topic Starter
Dinoswarleafs
Note: Sometimes it used to do the right click until i disabled it.