forum

ppv2 scaling linear based on ranks or not?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hehe
is pp gain independent of your current pp? (let's say a 100pp guy would gain 50pp after fcing a simple insane. but a 1000pp guy would gain only 5)
Full Tablet
No, it's not.
It depends on how each play is ranked inside your top performance list.
For example:
Your best performance is worth 300pp, then it gives 300pp to your total.
Your second best performance is worth 290pp, then it gives 290*x pp to your total.
Your third best is worth 280pp, then it gives 280*x^2 pp to your total.
etc.

x is a value around 0.9 (I don't know exactly what it is).
Myke B
I guess it's not.
Topic Starter
hehe

Full Tablet wrote:

No, it's not.
It depends on how each play is ranked inside your top performance list.
For example:
Your best performance is worth 300pp, then it gives 300pp to your total.
Your second best performance is worth 290pp, then it gives 290*x pp to your total.
Your third best is worth 280pp, then it gives 280*x^2 pp to your total.
etc.

x is a value around 0.9 (I don't know exactly what it is).
sounds legit. so to be able to rack up more pp is to get a good performance on harder maps. also explains why on osutp players with over 100+ 300tp songs are still around 3500tp.
buny
if it was the other, it'd be easily farmable
Keeby
So basically, it's much better to play a lot of songs rather than a select few? Rather, there's no benefits to the latter.
winber1
no, playing select few hard maps with good score will increase your pp the most, though that is to say that you can at least fc them easily.

i played 2 songs within a span of 40 minutes and i gained 100 ranks lol.
Soulg

Keeby wrote:

So basically, it's much better to play a lot of songs rather than a select few? Rather, there's no benefits to the latter.
it's better to play difficult songs than to not. even if you play a select few.
Clappy
2 Maps shot me up 2k ranks in 1 day, not even fc's so I believe its better to play harder maps if you can.
Myke B

0Clappie wrote:

2 Maps shot me up 2k ranks in 1 day, not even fc's so I believe its better to play harder maps if you can.
It is, but that's not an answer to the question really lol.
Rewben2

Keeby wrote:

No. Full tablet posted the formula to how rankings and pp output works, the formula is the pp*x^2 if it was your third best play, pp*x^3 if it's your fourth best play, and so on. x is around .9.

So the song that is your 50th best performance would be pp*x^49, let's say the pp earnt is 200. 200*.9^49 is 1.1. That means even though your 50th best performance was a 200pp play, you will only get 1pp from it. From there, it just continues to go down. Your 75th best play is worth less than .1. I hope I'm doing this right

So no, it is not better to play a lot of songs (unless you mean 50~ being a lot, which is not the case for anyone who hasn't just started playing). Getting a few very good performances is better from both a ranking perspective and an improvement perspective (pushing your limits is the best way to improve). Anything that is below about your 50th best performance is worth pretty much nothing.
aBunny
it's too bad we cant see more than 10 :\ in top ranks
Keeby
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
Soulg

Rewben2 wrote:

Keeby wrote:

No. Full tablet posted the formula to how rankings and pp output works, the formula is the pp*x^2 if it was your third best play, pp*x^3 if it's your fourth best play, and so on. x is around .9.

So the song that is your 50th best performance would be pp*x^49, let's say the pp earnt is 200. 200*.9^49 is 1.1. That means even though your 50th best performance was a 200pp play, you will only get 1pp from it. From there, it just continues to go down. Your 75th best play is worth less than .1. I hope I'm doing this right

So no, it is not better to play a lot of songs (unless you mean 50~ being a lot, which is not the case for anyone who hasn't just started playing). Getting a few very good performances is better from both a ranking perspective and an improvement perspective (pushing your limits is the best way to improve). Anything that is below about your 50th best performance is worth pretty much nothing.
Thsi is all assuming that the only thing the person cares about is ranking. It's better to simply play what is very difficult for you to the point where you can barely pass (as long as you can read/aren't spamming, that is), because it will give much improvement. I've gone from barely being able to burst 210 to being able to stream 210 for 20-30ish notes and bursting as high as 260bpm 5 notes in like a week and a half.
Rewben2

sarasseo wrote:

Ikr, I actually asked tom on his ask.fm if it could be increased to see more, he hasn't responded to anything on ask.fm since I asked. Only being able to see 10 scores that you can improve on for pp is meh, it'd be much better if it was increased.

Soulg wrote:

Thsi is all assuming that the only thing the person cares about is ranking. It's better to simply play what is very difficult for you to the point where you can barely pass (as long as you can read/aren't spamming, that is), because it will give much improvement. I've gone from barely being able to burst 210 to being able to stream 210 for 20-30ish notes and bursting as high as 260bpm 5 notes in like a week and a half.
I agree
Almost

Rewben2 wrote:

sarasseo wrote:

Ikr, I actually asked tom on his ask.fm if it could be increased to see more, he hasn't responded to anything on ask.fm since I asked. Only being able to see 10 scores that you can improve on for pp is meh, it'd be much better if it was increased.
Increasing it would only make it easier for farmers.
aBunny
trying to improve a score on your top 50 is farming? ok
Soulg
i dunno why people keep acting like it's possible to farm ppv2.

it would only work for like 5-10 scores and then you'd get nothing forever, and even those 5-10 scores would give like 1-2 each.
buny

Soulg wrote:

i dunno why people keep acting like it's possible to farm ppv2.

it would only work for like 5-10 scores and then you'd get nothing forever, and even those 5-10 scores would give like 1-2 each.
i farmed 60 ranks pretty easily over the course of a week (don't play much anymore)

dt still gives an unreal amount of pp.