forum

Store collections off client.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +48
Topic Starter
RBRat3
Id like to see collections stored off client and on the site much like how "online favorites" are handled.

I use test a lot because im a hipster like that but it became a problem when I realized that test and public collections arent shared not a big deal but it becomes a major issue when not paying attention and just decide to blow out installations. On top of that it would be readily available when you login on another pc or at a friends house without having to copy and transfer client files.

Why not get rid of the online favorites filter and automatically add it to collections then store it all online? ^_^

As for making it transferable just make it extensible with some lame extension with a user shadow copy from the site. For example loading collections as a whole from multiple files such as having a shadow copy of my collection and a copy of some users collection both viewable as a whole in song select. This also makes things interesting when you give the ability to share your collection on your userpage to be downloadable for everyone much like skins or beatmaps.
peppy
i agree
FabulousCupcake
My collections were lost when my system drive died; definitely want this.
TheVileOne
If this is added I hope there wont be any limitations involved. I would rather have the option to have as many collections as I want and as many songs in those collections as I want. Also I certainly would want to access my collections in offline mode.
Kayla
Support! Star! :)

However I also suggest that if this is implimented the collections save a local file as it does now aswell for when you cannot connect to Bancho!. One which is updated when you log in :)
Senpoii
I Support this 100%... I use a laptop and a desktop... Laptop for when I'm on business trips (which s very often) so I want my collections, which grow on a daily basis, to be xfered from laptop->desktop or vice-versa... Would save the hassel of having to make them all over again...

Same with the music folder in general. My latop has 60% more/better songs than my desktop. I want to be able to xfer those songs over without having to manually spend 45 minutes or longer to copy/paste to my hard drive and another 45 mins to put on my desktop/laptop....

Even if these options were supporter-only, I'm more than glad.

Star
winnerspiros
will love to see that!
xasuma
Yes please.
Dexus
Certainly; I have lost my collections on multiple occasions for multiple reasons and have given up on using it. This would make me use it again.