forum

Can't Play During Kiai Time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
benguin
For some reason, the bright, flashy stuff (the brighter background and pulsating brightness of the hitnotes) makes it nearly impossible for me to play taiko during Kiai time because I can't see anything. If this is supposed to be like a artificial difficulty raiser, then I understand, if that's not the purpose of Kiai time, is there a way to disable all this flashy stuff? My main mode is standard and I'd like to play a bit more of taiko but this small issue is making it extremely discouraging.
Noobita
cant disable
XK2238
You can't disable the flashing notes, but as for the brighter background, you can make your taiko-bar-right-glow.png EXACTLY the same as your taiko-bar-right.png, or if they aren't in your skin folder yet, you can just put these 2 files into there. Hope that helps.
Topic Starter
benguin

XK2238 wrote:

You can't disable the flashing notes, but as for the brighter background, you can make your taiko-bar-right-glow.png EXACTLY the same as your taiko-bar-right.png, or if they aren't in your skin folder yet, you can just put these 2 files into there. Hope that helps.
This helps a lot thank you. The flashing notes is a little bothersome, but its primarily the background that gets me. This will make taiko much easier to play, thank you.
CaptainAhab_old

XK2238 wrote:

My god this was so helpful, THANK YOU. I had the same problem as OP, and putting these two files into a new folder within Skins helped immensely.
Acrith
The other way is to build your own skin with other kind of "kiai" appearance. For example, just look at my customized skin and kiai time:

Kiai at 1:40.
syrus8

XK2238 wrote:

umm excuse me,
I've just downloaded those two png, now where I should put it? I tried to put it at my "..../osu!/Skins/" folder but nothing happen.
There is also 1 folder called "User" but I only found "skin.ini" inside...

help me since I really want to play taiko after 3 years thanks to my eyes and that High Time....
darkmiz

syrus8 wrote:

XK2238 wrote:

umm excuse me,
I've just downloaded those two png, now where I should put it? I tried to put it at my "..../osu!/Skins/" folder but nothing happen.
There is also 1 folder called "User" but I only found "skin.ini" inside...

help me since I really want to play taiko after 3 years thanks to my eyes and that High Time....
put it in /osu!/Skins/Taiko/ folder
hyliades
Since it was already necro'd:
how do you modify the kiai time like acrith did?
Catgirl

hyliades wrote:

Since it was already necro'd:
how do you modify the kiai time like acrith did?
This is a generic blank skin with kiai skinned away.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nonabddctanp5l/Taiko%20No%20Kiai.osz?dl=0
You might need to modify the two taiko-bar files if they look weird with your screen resolution or something.
If you keep the files as-is, you'll have no visible kiai time.
But you can edit taiko-bar-right-glow and taiko-glow to have whatever kind of kiai time you want.