forum

[resolved] low frame rate (new update)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
liaminit
since the new update osu is more laggy. the average frame rate is 40-70 just cart play it at that speed :cry: . before the update it was about 200-270FPS. thanks if anyone can help :D
Sunlyx
I think you should go ahead and change the Frame Limiter option..
Topic Starter
liaminit
i have tried that it was already on unlimited and also tried 240fps no luck. but i have notice on some songs its over 200fps but on others they are below 100fps i never had this problem before. going to update the graphic driver to see if that help. thanks for the response anyway
Marcin
What OS do you use?

What GPU / CPU?

What render in graphics option? (opengl / directx)
BlackMidKnight
I also experienced this as of today since I updated osu!
Topic Starter
liaminit
processor: i3 m380
graphic: intel 4000HD (intergrated)
ram: 4GB
Topic Starter
liaminit
forgot to say i use direct X i also treid openGL but no luck still
Marcin
Make sure you have high performance checked in power settings of your PC (lower right-hand corner, that icon with battery). I use similar specifications (ok, cpu a lot better) and i'm fine.
Topic Starter
liaminit
still no luck i think it might be the update that causing the problem thanks for the helps. the game still playable hopefully it might be fix on the next update
Cozzzy
Same here; I would normally get around 1000fps on unlimited, now I get around 300fps. Some mania maps give me as low as 100fps o_o have already tried rebooting, making sure no crap is running in the background etc.
Topic Starter
liaminit
it must be the update causing this then and i also play osu mania but it too laggy on most songs and others are perfectly fine tried everything. we just have to hope they fix it soon because i like my osu mania smooth not laggy :lol:
Kyonko Hizara
I've had lag mostly when the friends list is open.

And it's only happened since I did the update.
Looboer
My fps also dropped. (from 5800FPS to 3800FPS...)
With still almost 4k fps I normally don't really mind, but every few min osu is really laggy with still 3k+fps.

(sorry for the bad English)
TheVileOne
Are the maps that are lagging maps that have videos? Is there anything special about the maps that cause problems?
Topic Starter
liaminit
no it lags on normal beatmaps without videos and storyboards. some maps dont lag but some maps do.
Ayaya
If you are talking about mania, it's already been fixed.
t/190394
Please update osu
Topic Starter
liaminit
thnk for the info
TheVileOne
Resolved?