forum

Favorite Taiko Mappers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire
As the subject states, who are your all-time favorite mappers, or ones you consider the best?

No particular format is necessary but a top 3 is encouraged!

My favorites :
1 - -Anhedonia- (aka Kazukisinx)
2 - TKSalt
3 - Lundlerol
3.5 - Dolphin : Why? - Because he's kawaii.

Honorable Mentions -Nyan, Nwolf, Fraolinch, Cristian, Verdi, Firce, Lepi, Gezo, Dolphin, Climb, JUDYDANNY, Ozzy, Ishi, POONWing, KDS, LunaticP, Kagami Yuki and everyone else in the Taiko community. I respect everyone for choosing taiko as what they are mapping, anyways, so everyone needs a mention. Of course, these are just my favorites, i'd like to know everyone elses!

also dolphin
Lundlerol
╭( ・ㅂ・)و
Nwolf
1 - KDS
2 - TKSalt
3 - Backfire

X) Fraolinch, lolcubes, Gezo, cdhsausageboy, (some of) OnosakiHito, Dolphin, Firce, Tasha

k
Bara-
1) - ME! (Uhm, no. Ono is #1)
2) - cdh
3) - Nardo

HM) - Lundle, JUDY, TK, Roko, Firce, Lepi
Yuzeyun
For those who know me too well, it's no surprise for the 1st.
1. hs714 (aka Hoshi)
2. Nashmun, OnosakiHito, lepidopodus
3. kazukisinx/-Anhedonia-, aabc271, Backfire

Honorable: lolcubes, Frao, cdhentai, Dolphin, Tasha, Ozzy, Kana (when with climbb, some of them blend)
DestinySonata
I personally like Ono, Lepidon and Climbb.
Luna
#1 lolcubes
#2 lolcubes
#3 lolcubes

Honorable mentions: TKSalt, Mapper 31, lepi, DarkDunskin, climbb
XK2238
whoops
Dolphin
Noobita
POONwing, Firce, Ishida
Asagi Mutsuki
1. Firce
2. Ishida
3. Ono

Honorable mentions: TKSalt KDS Mapper 31 Kana lepidon Backfire
Ozzy
And also

Nwolf wrote:

1 - KDS
2 - TKSalt
3 - Backfire

X) Fraolinch, lolcubes, Lundlerol, cdhsausageboy, (some of) OnosakiHito, Dolphin, Firce, Tasha

k
Nwolf heh
EBAWER123
firce, glalucard, nyan, jhowm, ishi <3
TKS
Backfire, lolcubes, MMzz, Firce, Ryui
Topic Starter
Backfire

TKSalt wrote:

Backfire, lolcubes, MMzz, Firce, Ryui
<3
toara_fict
#1 aabc271
#2 aabc271
#3 Lundle
-Kazu-
#1 Loctav
#2 Loctav
#3 Loctav

k

#1 Cristian (Kurisuchianu) / Verdisphena
#2 Backfire
#3 Ishida
:3
aabc271
I've been here for more than 4 years and I find it really hard to make an order of my favorite mappers. Here's what I think at first sight :

#1 TKSSugar - He is the drum-oriented mapper that I really like. It's usually not my style but I really, really enjoy his diffs.
LeaF - Calamity Fortune is just amazing. Obviously one of the best taiko diffs I've ever seen :)

#2 Kana - Kana's maps clearly show how different styles can work together, from drum-only, drum+vocal to vocal-oriented. Obviously one of the minorities who can map with various kinds of style, which is just amazing in my eyes.
Loos - Koi Yomi Zakura remains one of my favorite taiko diffs in osu w

#3 Lepidon - Probably the old mapper which leads the 2010~2011 community. He has big contribution on creating a "role" of how taiko maps should be mapped. Some of his maps are just classic.
44teru-k - F.I is still an excellent diff in today's standard :3

Honorable mentions :
Ono ( Hatsune Miku - Nightmare Party Night. Interesting thing is that this is his 1st ranked taiko diff )
CBB ( fripSide - future gazer (TV Size). One of the best 2010 taiko diffs )
KS ( Aso Natsuko - Lovely Girls Anthem (TV Size). Simple but sounds really nice. Unfortunately he's banned :( )
KDS ( Tokiwa Yuu - Shounen Ripples. A classic map with 765 combo )
Lundle ( wa. vs celas - Vajuranda. Taiko hitsounds really fit the music )
Kpy ( nao - Dimension Tripper!!!!. This concludes his style quite well. Inconsistent yet fits well )

toara_fict wrote:

#1 aabc271
#2 aabc271
#3 Lundle
Now I feel so happy. That's what motivates me to go on mapping <3
mancuso_JM_
Oh.. nice thread.. Well my favourite mappers are Ono and lepi, I joined into the taiko world due to their maps and I always enjoyed playing their maps when I was a newbie (and I still enjoy them). So, yeah, they are my favourite taiko mappers.

Honorable Mentions: Ozzy, well the reason is similar as the above mappers, anyway I can't say he is one of my ''favourites'' mappers, but still he made really nice maps, that I enjoyed a lot when I joined here!
EDIT!: OMG.. HOW THE FUCK I FORGOT TO MENTION ROKODO! D:..

Those are my thoughts! :)
Stefan
Stefan
this name will never fall down. :,3/

On-Topic: TKSalt (in General), Dolphin (from the newer mappers), Firce (from the older mappers)
Necro Neko
1. - Backfire
2. - OnosakiHito
3. - Lepidon
karterfreak
I'd say some of my favourite taiko mappers (In no particular order) are...

Firce777
Easily one of the better mappers in the community right now. Barring some of his crazy Firce Force difficulties, he pumps out really quality maps that cater to several groups that are playing Oni and beyond. He has a really good sense of rhythm and implementing patterns that are fun to play. He's also probably one of the most structured mappers when it comes to streams. They almost always flow well and have very understandable patterning.

Lepi
One of the core mappers when I had first gotten into taiko. Always produced good difficulties despite back then there not being many taiko mods, so had a very clear sense of direction and what he wanted to achieve with his maps. This is still true even now, as any mods on his difficulties will pretty much always have an explanation as to why it was done a certain way.

Nyan
A really underrated mapper in my opinion. Nyan, much like Firce, pushes out really good difficulties for higher level Oni players. His patterns might not always be the most intuitive, but they're always fun and keep to the music, and are never too overbearing (his maps are always possible to FC, even if your skill isn't at the point required to FC them yet).

OnosakiHito
I generally have very mixed opinions about Ono's maps, but the sheer truth of the matter is he was, and still is, one of the core mappers in the taiko community. He maps in multiple styles and is very open ended with how he approaches a map. He has created a large majority of the maps that are currently ranked for taiko (including guest difficulties in this), and they're most of the time a pretty good quality

Kana and Climbb
I can't mention these two separately as their collab diffs are why I consider them great mappers. These two show time and time again that multiple styles can be used in a map, and the map can STILL be intuitive and fun to play. I've always found myself in for a treat when I've played maps from these two.

TKSalt
What can I say about TKSalt that hasn't been said already? His maps are similar to my own style, and are very drum rhythm orientated. He has some of the best entry and mid level Oni difficulties that are on the rankings right now, and as time passes, will probably the mapper that everyone suggests to start with when people are starting to get into Oni level difficulties. That said, he can map harder difficulties as well, and they're just as well made as his standard Oni difficulties are.

- Kagami Yuki -
While this person has very little maps currently ranked. I honestly feel that the maps they make are on par with some of the better mappers. One of their maps intrigued me so much that I pushed for them to go for rank, as it played VERY well for someone who had never ranked a map before.

Honourable mentions go to
lolcubes, Darkdunskin, Nashmun, Gezo, Backfire, Lundle, Rokodo, Ishida
Totoro le Pacha
1 - TKSalt
2 - DarkDunskin
3 - OnosakiHito
kanpakyin
(not in particular other)
- lepi
- POONwing
- cbb (Thank you for playing lol)/kana
- kpy ok, i am kidding

Honorable mentions:
KDS, aabc, Tksalt, wmf, qoot8123
Dolphin

Backfire wrote:

Honorable Mentions - Fraolinch, Firce, Lepi, Gezo, Dolphin, Ozzy, Ishi, POONWing, KDS, LunaticP

Nwolf wrote:

X) Fraolinch, lolcubes, Gezo, cdhsausageboy, (some of) OnosakiHito, Dolphin, Firce, Tasha

_Gezo_ wrote:

Honorable: lolcubes, Frao, cdhentai, Dolphin, Tasha, Ozzy, Kana (when with climbb, some of them blend)

Stefan wrote:

On-Topic: TKSalt (in General), Dolphin (from the newer mappers), Firce (from the older mappers)
You guys have no idea how much it means to me just to be placed in honorable mentions >< Thanks!

Time to make a real post.

TKSalt - I always find myself enjoying his maps.
Backfire - I love it, his style seems revolutionary
lepidopodus - Yummy authentic-styled mapping
MMzz - Yummy consistency.

Not in a particular order. I love 'em equally, really! :)
Firce777
Nyan - my idol, inspire me to make hard maps
lepi - one of the best mapper i've ever seen, and he makes me want to learn how to map taiko
so "no lepi, no firce" \:D/

honorable mentions - TKSalt, glalucard, kanpakyin, aabc777, - Kagami Yuki -, blah
and many more~
Love
I feel forgotten, but ok.

Lolcubes, MMzz, Firce777, Climbb, Kana Lepigododus - Mainly god styles of mapping, god at mapping at it.

Honorable mentions: Tasha, - Kagami Yuki -, KDS(rip), Sushi, might be a few others that I'm forgetting.
Hata-tan
Hi i am still new to Taiko and cannot pass ANYTHING at all. But i play ANYTHING and fail horribly at it. Though i like like specific kinds of maps.

my favourite 4 are.

1) TKsalt

Just amazing maps. His BMS maps are OVERALL enjoyable and he is liike one of the 3 mappers where maps doesn't frustrate me when i get a C over and over cuz..
Well. It's always a certain moment of joy when i listen to a well mapped BMS Song ;3
TKSalt you are great owo.

2) Backfire

he calls me his biggest Fanboy... but well.
Cannot do shit on his maps but the songs that he is mapping are great and his patterns are quite complicated while still being logic and enjoyable
I try to learn with his maps but well...pesky 1/6 bursts are mean ;w;
My favourite map of his are: "Smoke Tower" and "Over my Head"

God i just cannot get down this stupid Backfire specific pattern -_- kkdkdkk ..it seems to be everywhere in his Taikocalypses <3

3) Love

His Maps are quite Simple ...even for me "Hades the Rise" "Ohagi FuzzyClap" "View on RIver Styx" but always great and overall really well timed.
I really enjoy his FAST MAPS "Hatsune Miku Brainexercise" "Romantic Hero" (Is that even fast? 190bpm orz)
He seems overlooked. But is really worth it.

4) wmfchris

I just love how fluent his maps are.
They feel so nice. Every single one of them.
He and sp3 use the same SV in their maps but with wmf those maps just ...feel better...
Also ALL songs that wmfchris mapped are overall good.

Maps i love: "Sakura Izayoi","Maihime~BUKI~"Cirno's perfect math class"

Memorable Mentions:

Gezo (TwitchPlaysPokemon,Paladin,blaaaah)
Nashmun (french maps) lel
Firce ( Cannot pass his maps at all and my fingers hurt after playing 5 hours his maps...so not quite that enjoyable for me) [just too bad...]
Loctav ( ONE MAP. ONE FUCKING MAP I REALLY REALLY ENJOY. "I'm your daddy" )
OnosakiHito (He's somewhere next to wmfchris. His maps are always consistently good but have SOME weird patterns i cannot get down.
[Also his Taikosakis are total crap for me...cuz i suck!]

Rest i didnt mention. Sorry. Adding you somewhen when i got better... So maybe next year lel.

BLEH! :3
Hanatanchanoneechansenpai signing out.
howar5041
firce777
TkSalt
Backfire
ono
ishida
yoyo
Love
Dolphin

Hata-tan wrote:

inb4 it's actually Luanny's diff.
XK2238

Dolphin wrote:

Hata-tan wrote:

inb4 it's actually Luanny's diff.
Hata-tan
No Dolphin. Since i am bad i only enjoy the Oni.
And the Oni is by Loctav.
show more