Giralda
Times have changed.
YodaSnipe
At least I'll always have Nyny <3
Azer
I wasn't around to give you love when you were #1 :(
Topic Starter
Haneii
I'm back to help (Although Byaku has been doing a great job on his own. Thanks again)

DINNER: So have you guys decided on where you'd like eat yet? I like the idea of the same place we ate last time (Although the wait to get in felt like an hour...)

If you'd like to come for dinner please post in the thread. I'll be sending out rsvps in a couple days once we finalize a place and time. It doesn't guarantee a spot if you're late but I can at least try and save you a spot if you're running a couple mins late - However, these places fill up fast during cons and it becomes nearly impossible to save a spot so try to be on time, please.

Meet-up: It looks like you guys are headed for 5pm osu! group meet-up on Saturday, May 24th @ the Sheraton. I'D LIKE YOU GUYS TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE TIMETABLE AND SEE IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU: ANIME NORTH 2014 SCHEDULE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azer wrote:

Well in the end I cannot go. The people I was going with all had their plans changed and I cannot really afford to head there alone. It's unfortunate, I wanted to meet so many people but that'll have to be next year. Please remove my name from the list.
If you need a place to stay you can room with my friends and I (It's just 3 of us right now and we have room for one more). If you still want to go to AN pm me your total budget for travels+hotel and I'll suggest you some options.

If you absolutely can't come anymore and have already bought a pass, I believe tomorrow, May 16th, 2014 is the last day to get refunds for online purchases.
Azer
Already refunded and set on staying home. Thanks though!
YTYuyu
i'm ok with it, but Haneii you're on your own since i can't edit the OP anymore :(
Navizel
Ah, crap. I didn't notice Saturday tickets are already sold out. ggwp
YTYuyu

Navizel wrote:

Ah, crap. I didn't notice Saturday tickets are already sold out. ggwp
orz i thought you already got yours a while back ;___;
Navizel
My cousin said that there will be tickets at the day of the event and I can't buy online so going there is the only way. aaand I saw the announcement. ;___;

Friday is no so maybe I'll just go on Sunday but if no one's going to go then...
Sumaki
Yay it's next week c:
YTYuyu

Navizel wrote:

My cousin said that there will be tickets at the day of the event and I can't buy online so going there is the only way. aaand I saw the announcement. ;___;

Friday is no so maybe I'll just go on Sunday but if no one's going to go then...
some of us will be there on Sunday, and you could've done regular mail and pay through cash/cheque. that's what i did to get my form.
Giralda
I just realized how short I am on cash. Woah.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Giralda wrote:

I just realized how short I am on cash. Woah.

Yeah, I'm going to limit my time in the dealers room/artist alley this year.

Since we haven't had much discussion on dinner (Haven't decided on a place yet), can I assume you guys don't want to go?

I guess those of you who want to hang out after the meetup can just choose a dinner spot and go...
meiikyuu
have fun guys i join next time :D ~
Azer

meiikyuu wrote:

me too ;_;
Glinky

Azer wrote:

meiikyuu wrote:

me too ;_;
I will be right here waiting for u kappa
YTYuyu

Haneii wrote:

I guess those of you who want to hang out after the meetup can just choose a dinner spot and go...
yea it looks like it. we'll just improvise and see where it leads us, but personally i prefer going to the same place as last year, Sushi-ya. any objections on that?
Xakyrie
Here's a tip: Sushi-Ya is not an ideal location for a large group of people looking to eat together. It's a very small restaurant that doesn't take reservations (at least on the weekend of the con) and will likely fill up fast due to its location nearby the convention. Last year some people had to be seated away from the main table when there were roughly 15-18 there, albeit those who actually sat together at the small table enjoyed it. It will take upwards of about an hour to even be seated since they have to put together so many tables if 15< want to eat as a group in a restaurant that seats maybe 50 people max and that's pushing it. Since it looks like the list of attendees this year is even bigger (figures the list grows every year in correlation with the growth of the community), it would probably be wise to try a bigger restaurant just to take the headache out of such a task.
YTYuyu
yea fair point. i do remember that after all ><. i guess we'll improvise once we go to the meet-up like Haneii said.
Layne_old_1
hi all, I'm just letting you know that I won't be attending either.
sorry.
Azer
;w;
YTYuyu
oh no it's slowly decreasing ;__;
WingSilent
I wanted to come, but I am really far away, sadly. D:
karalis
:)
Flandre-

Layne wrote:

hi all, I'm just letting you know that I won't be attending either.
sorry.
Wow layne really, you too?

Take me out for lunch some time to make up for not going
Identifier
I'm coming with my other osu friend. It's nice to see that the osu culture in the GTA is alive and well : )
AN soon!
JLIVE

Haneii wrote:

Anime North is an anime convention located in Toronto, Canada, that celebrates anime, manga, music, games and all other forms of Japanese Culture!

Anime North will be the weekend of May 23 - 25, 2014 at the Toronto Congress Centre, International Plaza Hotel, and Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel

Questions about the con? Want to discuss your plans? Cosplay? This thread is for anything AN2014!

osu! Meet-Up + Dinner - CHECK BACK HERE ONCE THE CON STARTS FOR UPDATES!!!

Meet up
Saturday @5pm(possibly). Sheraton Hotel Gaming Room. Stay tuned for updates.

Group Dinner

Saturday @7pm(possibly). Stay tuned for updates.

Places/Restaurants around the Congress Centre to eat
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
642 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Harvey's
648 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

Milestones
646 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

Ginko Japanese Restaurant
655 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J3

Sushi-Ya Japan
621 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1H7

Grand Chinese Cuisine
655 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J3

Kelsey's
636 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Perkins Family Restaurant
600 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
25 Carlson Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 6A2

Canyon Creek
25 Carlson Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 6A2

Sushi Dragon
634 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Olio-A Mediterranean Grille
801 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J5

Quesada Mexican Grill
644-A Dixon, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

St Louis Bar & Grill
557 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1H7

Moxie's Classic Grill
55 Reading Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 7K7

Boston Pizza
5 Carlson Ct, Etobicoke, ON M9W 6A2

CHOP Steakhouse & Bar - Toronto Airport
801 Dixon Rd, Toronto, M9W 1J5

Anime North Attendance List

• 1. Aniki120
    2. blissfulyoshi
    3. Bok Choi
    4. Byakugan249
    5. Callum
    6. Cethin
    7. Flandredevil9
    8. Giralda
    9. glinklinkity
    10. Haneii
    11. Ilfri
    12. jonathanlfj
    13. Kitsunemimi
    14. Mercuryhammer
    15. Princess
    16. RaidenFlame
    17. Rorona
    18. Staiain
    19. Sumaki
    20. Triskelion91
    21. Trust
    22. XPJ38
    23. Xyrax Alaria
    24. YodaSnipe
    25. Yoshi_green
add me to the list You'll see me there ill make sure of it. Bringing laptop and all.
Zerostarry
It's coming up soon.. anyone else getting slightly nervous? :o
YTYuyu
nahh i'll be fine~ :P

anyways if you guys/gals want, i can try to post a picture of myself, Yoda, Raiden, and Princess if they're ok with it on Thursday. if not, then this weekend awaits :P
Kitsunemimi

Byakugan249 wrote:

nahh i'll be fine~ :P

anyways if you guys/gals want, i can try to post a picture of myself, Yoda, Raiden, and Princess if they're ok with it on Thursday. if not, then this weekend awaits :P
Part of the fun of meeting people is finding out what they look like.

Just make sure everyone has the phone numbers of important people.
YodaSnipe

Byakugan249 wrote:

SELFIESSSSS 8-)

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Just make sure everyone has the phone numbers of important people.
It'd be nice if people knew each other's phone numbers instead of me trying to call and organize every single one of the Canadians XD
Ray-Sama_old
Ray will be there ^.^ ~
ChazzyDango
I'll be there with ray senpai ^_^
Ray-Sama_old
D:

I'm on the list ^.^ senpai noticed me!!
Aniki120
It's almost here! #TheHypeIsReal Totally pumped and ready to spend every dollar I have on Saturday.
Kitsunemimi

Aniki120 wrote:

It's almost here! #TheHypeIsReal Totally pumped and ready to spend every dollar I have on Saturday.
Dude, everyone knows you're supposed to skip the opening ceremony and rush to the dealers room first thing on Friday when the event starts, so you can buy everything available there. Why would you even have money left over on Saturday? That's absurd.
YodaSnipe

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Dude, everyone knows you're supposed to skip the opening ceremony and rush to the dealers room first thing on Friday when the event starts, so you can buy everything available there. Why would you even have money left over on Saturday? That's absurd.
Spoken by a true veteran.

On another note, Raiden and I will be waiting at Harvey's @4:00pm on Thursday to get our tickets early. If anyone wants to join us message me your number so we can stay in contact. Most of the older Canadian players know me by face by now, so if you don't make sure you can contact me if you want to join in.
show more