forum

Anime North 2014

posted
Total Posts
show more
banger_old_1
Will be attending and accepting autographs on my body.
Zerostarry
Haneii, I hope you like being cuddled!!

Also, if anyone loves rhythm games as much as me, please come to the DDR room! There's a really cool new game called Sound Voltex Booth that everyone should try out. It's amazing~ :)
Navizel

Princess wrote:

Also, if anyone loves rhythm games as much as me, please come to the DDR room! There's a really cool new game called Sound Voltex Booth that everyone should try out. It's amazing~ :)
I just hope that the machines are updated/recent versions of the game. I miss playing DDR.
YTYuyu

Princess wrote:

welp we know where to find you then :P.

Navizel wrote:

I just hope that the machines are updated/recent versions of the game. I miss playing DDR.
i think it is. i was blown away when it had this song last year tbh D:
Navizel
awesomeeee D:
Varlev
Can confirm; am attending.

¿Also, is there somewhere I can get a list of panels? c3¦
Topic Starter
Haneii

Mercuryhammer wrote:

Can confirm; am attending.

¿Also, is there somewhere I can get a list of panels? c3¦
They usually post the list of panels a week or two before the con. Even then it isn't the complete schedule. You'll receive your con package and schedule when you pick up your badge...

...I don't remember picking one up in 2013 though 0_0 That or I lost it day 1 XD

Here were the lineups for the past 2 years (However, these are missing many of the workshops/discussion panels that were finalized later on):

AN2012

AN2013
Flandre-

Princess wrote:

Oooooo I hope they have jubeat~~~ I play that game on my iPad all the time, I have seen gameplay of sound voltex and it looks awesome, I'll definitely spend some time there! (I suck at DDR so I hope I can have a chance to play other games)
Navizel
Hmmm. Looks like there's too much I'm going to do in the convention. How much should I bring (or minimum)? I really have no idea what are the prices of stuffs in the convention.
Kitsunemimi
Bring as much as you can.
banger_old_1
Can someone give me a rough idea of how much I should expect to spend on a wall scroll or poster?
Giralda

Cethin wrote:

Can someone give me a rough idea of how much I should expect to spend on a wall scroll or poster?
Roughly $20-$25 per wall scroll. Try to look around 1 hour - 30 minutes before Anime North ends if you don't like the price. Some retailers try to run a discounted sale for certain goods during this time.
Topic Starter
Haneii
6 MORE WEEKS!

Just bought my train tickets (Anyone else taking the via-rail on route Montreal to Toronto? :D) !

I've already booked a hotel but I'm still looking for vacancies closer to the convention. Has anyone come across/recently booked from a hotel near the con that still has rooms?

Giralda wrote:

Try to look around 1 hour - 30 minutes before Anime North ends if you don't like the price. Some retailers try to run a discounted sale for certain goods during this time.
You can grab great deals at the end of the con, but just know that if something catches your eye earlier in the weekend it might not be there for long.
banger_old_1
The dealer's room is open the entire day right?
Giralda

Cethin wrote:

The dealer's room is open the entire day right?
yeah, mostly.
Kitsunemimi
Actually it usually closes at around 8 pm iirc so actually no, it's not open all day.
Yoshi_green
I'm wondering if I should book a hotel for convenience's sake even though I'm about a half-hour drive away...
Giralda

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Actually it usually closes at around 8 pm iirc so actually no, it's not open all day.
I assumed Day to be "day time", not during the evening.
YTYuyu

Yoshi_green wrote:

I'm wondering if I should book a hotel for convenience's sake even though I'm about a half-hour drive away...
i think you should if you're around the Scarborough/Markham area unless you wanna save money, and handle the commute. it shouldn't be a problem if you're around the North York area IMO.
those
I stayed at LAN room at Sheraton two nights, two years in a row
banger_old_1
Isn't that against the rules or something
Yoshi_green

Byakugan249 wrote:

Yoshi_green wrote:

i think you should if you're around the Scarborough/Markham area unless you wanna save money, and handle the commute. it shouldn't be a problem if you're around the North York area IMO.
Thanks for your input, but I think I'm not going to book a hotel
Seeing how I'm probably not coming Friday since I still have school, staying one night in a hotel isn't worth it imo

I think my parents would be more uncomfortable with me staying in a hotel than them driving me to the con and back twice :P
YTYuyu
ahh i thought you were gonna go for the weekend ><
Yoshi_green
I'm coming on Saturday and Sunday, but I don't think the time that I'll be staying on Friday is worth the drive, so I just stay at home while the festivities begin :3
YTYuyu
with 5 weeks to go, do you guys/gals think that now would be a good time to decide the dinner/meet-up, or we can do that next week?
Glinky
I don't think it matters if we do it now or next week in terms of time. Just doing it early would be good.
Navizel
I just want a worth dinner. Affordable price with good service and food.
Xyrax Alaria
I am going! If the meetup get's listed soon and is on saturday I would love to meet everyone!
banger_old_1
Have we decided where the dinner is?
Yoshi_green

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

I am going! If the meetup get's listed soon and is on saturday I would love to meet everyone!
Are you the person who's one of the admins on the Vocaloid fan page on Facebook?
I think I've played multi with you before o:
Azer
I should really check this thread more often ;A;

/late
I'm probably going to be at the SDVX booth @Princess, I REALLY want to try it out.

Also is it worth going there thursday to get badge early and not miss out on friday evening or not?
Xyrax Alaria

Yoshi_green wrote:

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

Are you the person who's one of the admins on the Vocaloid fan page on Facebook?
I think I've played multi with you before o:
Indeed I am! :) If it was a Friday Night and it was Friday Night Osu! You have played with me! :)
Aniki120
I should be able to make it. It sounds awesome! Any more info soon?
YTYuyu

Azer wrote:

I'm probably going to be at the SDVX booth @Princess, I REALLY want to try it out. haha i'll see if i can meet you there :P.

Also is it worth going there thursday to get badge early and not miss out on friday evening or not?
yes it's worth the wait. it's better than waiting during the con IMO.

Navizel wrote:

I just want a worth dinner. Affordable price with good service and food.
how much are you willing to spend in terms of price range?

Aniki120 wrote:

yes it should come soon. for now you guys talk about the meet-up/dinner time and i'll see what happens. if not, then Haneii would take over from here. what i'm suggesting is the same as last year. 5pm for the meetup on Saturday, and 7pm for the dinner. what do you guys think?
Navizel
Still not familiar with the prices here. Probably I will keep $50 for food.
Flandre-

Navizel wrote:

Still not familiar with the prices here. Probably I will keep $50 for food.
That should be more than enough I think, I would probably estimate it being like $30~ (Being on the higher side)

Also as a suggestion for a place to eat, are there any all you can eat japanese/sushi restaraunts nearby the con? Those are usually like $25 a person ish + drinks
Yoshi_green

Byakugan249 wrote:

yes it should come soon. for now you guys talk about the meet-up/dinner time and i'll see what happens. if not, then Haneii would take over from here. what i'm suggesting is the same as last year. 5pm for the meetup on Saturday, and 7pm for the dinner. what do you guys think?
I'm fine with that :)

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Also as a suggestion for a place to eat, are there any all you can eat japanese/sushi restaraunts nearby the con? Those are usually like $25 a person ish + drinks
Last year, we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant which was right beside the International Plaza Hotel

Maybe we could go there again, but looking at how big our group is this year, and how small the restaurant is... ._.

@Haneii or Byakugan, are you going to add a list of places we could possibly have dinner like last time? I find that more useful ^^
banger_old_1
There's a couple of sushi places close to the con like Sushi-Ya Japan, Ginko Japanese Restaurant, and Sushi Dragon. I have no idea about the quality of the food, prices, or service though.

There's a bunch of other restaurants too, but those are the sushi places.
Aniki120

Byakugan249 wrote:

Aniki120 wrote:

5 PM huh? I'm not sure how long I'll be staying that day, but I guess now I'm hoping to stay at least past 5. Won't be able to make it for the dinner though, just thought I'd say that in advance.
YTYuyu

Yoshi_green wrote:

@Haneii or Byakugan, are you going to add a list of places we could possibly have dinner like last time? I find that more useful ^^
i'll add the places around the area soon.

EDIT: the places have been added.
show more