forum

Anime North 2014

posted
Total Posts
show more
Flandre-
Would it be possible if the dates for the dinner/meetup to be determined relatively soon? I'm not sure if i want to buy a weekend pass or just a specific day.. Atleast can we try to agree on one of the days? a time could be determined closer to the event. Gotta be awkward
Kitsunemimi

Navizel wrote:

I don't even talk to people in real life so I doubt I can speak english well.
Oh boy, AN osu! meetup is going international, I'm excited now~
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Would it be possible if the dates for the dinner/meetup to be determined relatively soon? I'm not sure if i want to buy a weekend pass or just a specific day.. Atleast can we try to agree on one of the days? a time could be determined closer to the event. Gotta be awkward
we had a dinner on Saturday at 7pm last year, so why not again? :D
YodaSnipe

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Oh boy, AN osu! meetup is going international, I'm excited now~
Could've had dkun, MMzz, and a few others too but they all cancelled as far as I know.

Flandredevil9 wrote:

We typically meet on the Saturday as that is the day when most people are there.
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

we had a dinner on Saturday at 7pm last year, so why not again? :D
Where was the dinner last year? mc doodles?
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Some sushi restaurant across from the Toronto Congress Centre.
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

it was at Sushi-ya, next to the doubletree hotel--to be exact it's beside Shell, and like Yoda said--across from the Congress Centre.
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

it was at Sushi-ya, next to the doubletree hotel--to be exact it's beside Shell, and like Yoda said--across from the Congress Centre.
lol okay sounds like a good place, i guess we can decide where we eat this year later on.. how many people roughly went last year?
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

lol okay sounds like a good place, i guess we can decide where we eat this year later on.. how many people roughly went last year?
We had two tables. I wouldn't be surprised if we had two or three this year as well. Likely around 10-20 people.
XPJ38

Navizel wrote:

You're not the only who will be awkward as hell. I don't even talk to people in real life so I doubt I can speak english well.
*high five*

I feel very uncomfortable when it comes to speaking English. People will find me either awkward or shy orz
Topic Starter
Haneii

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Like Yoda said, most people attend the con Saturday, so we'll mostly likely have the dinner/meetup then. By the way, weekend pass is $50 if you buy before March 15 - That's only 5 dollars more than a Saturday only pass!

Navizel wrote:

You can practice with me!

XPJ38 wrote:

People will find me either awkward or shy orz
implying that being awkward or shy is a bad thing? ;_;

Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would judge you based on how well you speak a language that isn't your mother-tongue *shrug*
YodaSnipe

Haneii wrote:

Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would judge you based on how well you speak a language that isn't your mother-tongue *shrug*
Exactly. I only judge people based on how well they speak a language that is their mother-tongue ;)
jonathanlfj
just purchased my ticket
we all know what that means hue
YodaSnipe

jonathanlfj wrote:

just purchased my ticket
sexy time?
YTYuyu

jonathanlfj wrote:

just purchased my ticket
IT'S TIME TO PARRTAAY~! \o/

Navizel

Haneii wrote:

Navizel wrote:

You can practice with me!
okay then )^o^(
Callum
I will be there
Azer
Just grabbed my tickets as well :D
Weez
Wish I could come but I'm leaving the country the following month and I need to save up money ;_;
Layne_old_1
~
Flandre-

Layne wrote:

hi
Layne

Go to AN

I know you want to
Azer

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Layne wrote:

hi
Layne

Go to AN

I know you want to
Layne_old_1
~
YodaSnipe
Layne the new Mythol the new YodaSnipe the new Shank the new SilentWings?
YodaSnipe
It's official, got my ticket.

Anyone going to pre-reg on the Thursday prior to the con?
Senpoii
I'm most definitely going if it doesn't overlap my work schedule. If I'm free the weekend of, I'm most definitely going to take a train down and spend a couple nights with all of you. ^^
YodaSnipe

Ilfri wrote:

I'm most definitely going if it doesn't overlap my work schedule. If I'm free the weekend of, I'm most definitely going to take a train down and spend a couple nights with all of you. ^^
hawt
Topic Starter
Haneii

Weez wrote:

Wish I could come but I'm leaving the country the following month and I need to save up money ;_;
Aww :( Have fun on your trip o/

Ilfri wrote:

If you can, let your work know you need that weekend off ahead of time (now?). Maybe you/they can find a replacement for you.
Also, I want to see your tattoos up close. They look awesome! XD
YTYuyu

YodaSnipe wrote:

It's official, got my ticket.

Anyone going to pre-reg on the Thursday prior to the con?
yup i'm planning on going.
Senpoii

Haneii wrote:

Weez wrote:

Aww :( Have fun on your trip o/

Ilfri wrote:

If you can, let your work know you need that weekend off ahead of time (now?). Maybe you/they can find a replacement for you.
Also, I want to see your tattoos up close. They look awesome! XD
Hard to find someone to fill when its a 4-man travel crew... x.x for all I know I could be in alberta or quebec during AN Q.Q
Layne_old_1
~
YodaSnipe

Layne wrote:

Best part, I was there last year watching you guys play osu!
lolz
Kyouya
omg why does it have to be so far away D:
i'll never be able to meet my senpai's
YTYuyu

Kyouko Burst wrote:

omg why does it have to be so far away D:
i'll never be able to meet my senpai's
aww it sucks that you're at the west coast of Canada :(
blissfulyoshi
After thinking it over for a while, I decided I really wanted to meet other osu! players, so bought a ticket to the convention....but no hotel or plane ticket yet... Oh well, the ticket is bringing me 1 step closer to doing this.
YTYuyu

blissfulyoshi wrote:

After thinking it over for a while, I decided I really wanted to meet other osu! players, so bought a ticket to the convention....but no hotel or plane ticket yet... Oh well, the ticket is bringing me 1 step closer to doing this.
omg YES you got the ticket \:D/.
Flandre-
I'm going to buy my ticket tonight, my sister is going to be taking me, hopefully she finds something to do while I meet up with you guys, lol
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

I'm going to buy my ticket tonight, my sister is going to be taking me, hopefully she finds something to do while I meet up with you guys, lol
She's more than welcome to join us for dinner if she so chooses.
Giralda
what did i miss

edit: confirm my participation Haneii ~ thanks! :3
YTYuyu

Giralda wrote:

what did i miss

edit: confirm my participation Haneii ~ thanks! :3
done. if Haneii isn't available to fill in the attendance list, i'm here as a backup.
show more