forum

Anime North 2014

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Haneii
Anime North is an anime convention located in Toronto, Canada, that celebrates anime, manga, music, games and all other forms of Japanese Culture!

Anime North will be the weekend of May 23 - 25, 2014 at the Toronto Congress Centre, International Plaza Hotel, and Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel

Questions about the con? Want to discuss your plans? Cosplay? This thread is for anything AN2014!

osu! Meet-Up + Dinner - CHECK BACK HERE ONCE THE CON STARTS FOR UPDATES!!!

Meet ups

1. Thursday's Early Registration Pick-up @4pm. Harvey's near the TCC

2. Saturday @5pm. Sheraton Hotel Gaming Room.

Group Dinner

TBA at the Meet up

Restaurants near and around the Congress Centre
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
642 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Harvey's
648 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

Milestones
646 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

Ginko Japanese Restaurant
655 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J3

Sushi-Ya Japan
621 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1H7

Grand Chinese Cuisine
655 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J3

Kelsey's
636 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Perkins Family Restaurant
600 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill
25 Carlson Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 6A2

Canyon Creek
25 Carlson Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 6A2

Sushi Dragon
634 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J1

Olio-A Mediterranean Grille
801 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1J5

Quesada Mexican Grill
644-A Dixon, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1J1

St Louis Bar & Grill
557 Dixon Rd, Toronto, ON M9W 1H7

Moxie's Classic Grill
55 Reading Ct, Toronto, ON M9W 7K7

Boston Pizza
5 Carlson Ct, Etobicoke, ON M9W 6A2

CHOP Steakhouse & Bar - Toronto Airport
801 Dixon Rd, Toronto, M9W 1J5

Anime North Attendance List

• 1. Aniki120
    2. blissfulyoshi
    3. Bok Choi
    4. Byakugan249
    5. Callum
    6. Cethin
    7. ChazzyDango
    8. Flandredevil9
    9. Giralda
    10. glinklinkity
    11. Haneii
    12. Ilfri
    13. JLIVE
    14. jonathanlfj
    15. Kitsunemimi
    16. Mercuryhammer
    17. Princess
    18. RaidenFlame
    19. Ray-Sama
    20. Rorona
    21. Staiain
    22. Sumaki
    23. Triskelion91
    24. Trust
    25. XPJ38
    26. Xyrax Alaria
    27. YodaSnipe
    28. Yoshi_green
    29. zero7525
Navizel
Oh yes. Definitely going.
Zerostarry
I already got my ticket o3o~

add me to the list
YTYuyu
i got my ticket last week, so hell yea i'm going :D
YodaSnipe
Yo I'm going. If that wasn't completely obvious or anything. 8-)

XPJ should be going to methinks.
XPJ38
I'm definitely interested in coming but I can't confirm yet. I have to gather the money and hope that I won't have too much uni work when AN comes.
Topic Starter
Haneii

XPJ38 wrote:

I'm definitely interested in coming but I can't confirm yet. I have to gather the money and hope that I won't have too much uni work when AN comes.
Decide soon. Two months into selling tickets and they're already half gone with three months still left until the con!
XPJ38
I still can buy a ticket at the door, can't I?

Damn, I thought I could safely buy a ticket at the door until I saw this line on the website:

Due to the Attendance Cap, we cannot guarantee any Weekend or Saturday admissions will be available for sale at the door of the convention.
In previous years, Weekend admissions sold out through Pre-Registration and less than 30% of Saturday-only were available at the door.
Guess I'll really have to decide soon.
YodaSnipe

XPJ38 wrote:

Guess I'll really have to decide soon.
Decide how badly you want to be in a hotel room with me ;)
Kitsunemimi
WOOOOOOOOOOOH
YodaSnipe

Kitsunemimi wrote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOH
Naturally. 8-)
YTYuyu

YodaSnipe wrote:

Decide how badly you want to be in a hotel room with me ;)
ooh~ i sense some yaoi action :P

Haneii~ you know you wanna take a peek at it ;) //runs
Sumaki
I'll probably go, not 100% confirmed.
Azer
I'm totally going! Looking forward to meeting you guys (and well, seeing some of you again)
Flandre-
oooooo i'm definitely going to try to go, i haven't been to a convention before but for Christmas like 2 years ago my sister said she was going to take me to AN... so ill bug her to take me. A group dinner.. i feel this is going to be awkward.. lol maybe ill just be awkward as hell.. anyways looking forward to meeting people who play Osu and stuffffffff
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

oooooo i'm definitely going to try to go, i haven't been to a convention before but for Christmas like 2 years ago my sister said she was going to take me to AN... so ill bug her to take me. A group dinner.. i feel this is going to be awkward.. lol maybe ill just be awkward as hell.. anyways looking forward to meeting people who play Osu and stuffffffff
Pfft awkward, tons of people meeting in real life who started out as acquaintance via a networked game? Sounds like a regular day for me ;)
Navizel

Flandredevil9 wrote:

You're not the only who will be awkward as hell. I don't even talk to people in real life so I doubt I can speak english well.
Flandre-
Would it be possible if the dates for the dinner/meetup to be determined relatively soon? I'm not sure if i want to buy a weekend pass or just a specific day.. Atleast can we try to agree on one of the days? a time could be determined closer to the event. Gotta be awkward
Kitsunemimi

Navizel wrote:

I don't even talk to people in real life so I doubt I can speak english well.
Oh boy, AN osu! meetup is going international, I'm excited now~
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Would it be possible if the dates for the dinner/meetup to be determined relatively soon? I'm not sure if i want to buy a weekend pass or just a specific day.. Atleast can we try to agree on one of the days? a time could be determined closer to the event. Gotta be awkward
we had a dinner on Saturday at 7pm last year, so why not again? :D
YodaSnipe

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Oh boy, AN osu! meetup is going international, I'm excited now~
Could've had dkun, MMzz, and a few others too but they all cancelled as far as I know.

Flandredevil9 wrote:

We typically meet on the Saturday as that is the day when most people are there.
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

we had a dinner on Saturday at 7pm last year, so why not again? :D
Where was the dinner last year? mc doodles?
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Some sushi restaurant across from the Toronto Congress Centre.
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

it was at Sushi-ya, next to the doubletree hotel--to be exact it's beside Shell, and like Yoda said--across from the Congress Centre.
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

it was at Sushi-ya, next to the doubletree hotel--to be exact it's beside Shell, and like Yoda said--across from the Congress Centre.
lol okay sounds like a good place, i guess we can decide where we eat this year later on.. how many people roughly went last year?
YodaSnipe

Flandredevil9 wrote:

lol okay sounds like a good place, i guess we can decide where we eat this year later on.. how many people roughly went last year?
We had two tables. I wouldn't be surprised if we had two or three this year as well. Likely around 10-20 people.
XPJ38

Navizel wrote:

You're not the only who will be awkward as hell. I don't even talk to people in real life so I doubt I can speak english well.
*high five*

I feel very uncomfortable when it comes to speaking English. People will find me either awkward or shy orz
Topic Starter
Haneii

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Like Yoda said, most people attend the con Saturday, so we'll mostly likely have the dinner/meetup then. By the way, weekend pass is $50 if you buy before March 15 - That's only 5 dollars more than a Saturday only pass!

Navizel wrote:

You can practice with me!

XPJ38 wrote:

People will find me either awkward or shy orz
implying that being awkward or shy is a bad thing? ;_;

Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would judge you based on how well you speak a language that isn't your mother-tongue *shrug*
YodaSnipe

Haneii wrote:

Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would judge you based on how well you speak a language that isn't your mother-tongue *shrug*
Exactly. I only judge people based on how well they speak a language that is their mother-tongue ;)
jonathanlfj
just purchased my ticket
we all know what that means hue
YodaSnipe

jonathanlfj wrote:

just purchased my ticket
sexy time?
YTYuyu

jonathanlfj wrote:

just purchased my ticket