posted
Total Posts
show more
Toran

ibecolours wrote:

Lets go
I lost first round of the last tourney to brad
AmaiHachimitsu
We should add a rule that ponies are forbidden here.
WeedMaster_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Seconded.
Phos-

WeedMaster wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Seconded.
CPTW

Fluttershy03 wrote:

That's why ;P
Raiku
I completely relate with the amount of effort put into this but I have to make something apparent: The tournament looks massively rigged in Portallifes favour, as much as i love you portal, it seems all the pros are bunched together and you have a free pass to the final.

Doomy, could this be, jesse and raharu all face each other within 3 games, I happen to face mudkipz first game and it seems a bunch of low ranks are facing each other all at the start, I urge you to rethink the seeding so the pros have a chance to reach the final and really test their skill then the hard maps come out, because right now alot of us are facing each other within the top 10 when the maps are super easy and it will only be an accuracy war.

Here is my compelling evidence: PortalPass:

Pro vs Pro 2nd game, no other top 10 deals with this

below is poor just miku who has to face doomy again first round as with the last tourney, give him a break?

seems like 5 of the top 10 are facing each other within the first 3 games here, you NEED to space the seeds out more, this placing needs re thinking, random number generator just wont work.

I am completely fine with a challenge but il reiterate on the accuracy war point, the whole point of this tournament is to have pros face each other on the hardest maps, not easy insanes like crazy hot nomod where 1x100 = lose.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
IT was a randomly generated bracket. I did not manipulate this bracket in any way.
I am a competitive player also, I am strongly against this sort of behaviour or cheating.
The fact you tried to accuse me of this is quite disgusting.
You're also quite subtly insulting everyone in that upper bracket.
Don't go spreading these lies please. If you really believe this, you are free to drop out this tournament and give your a opponent a win.
Doomsday is Bad
Sorry but

Can we just stop arguing about shit and play

Portal got shit for it being unfair on the first torny,
So he randomises it for everyone (Cus people told him too) and gets more shit

I mean come on.

EDIT: RNG is random. I didn't complain when I was against a top tier player 1st round last torny due to Dodef taking leave (would have been seed 16 on 17 i beleive). I just took it on the chin and tried. Its not like this is MLG 360NOSCOPZ battle where you have to get first or you get fired from faze :^)

We can still work out the kinks in the next torny. I might just put everyone name in a hat and pull it out.

EDIT2: Also I would have joined this torny but 30fps laptop plays is too good 4 u. Sorry I couldn't be a livestreamer for this event like me and Portal planned. Maybe next time.
Navi
Good luck to everyone playing, this will be a fun weekend :)
WeedMaster_old

Raiku wrote:

I completely relate with the amount of effort put into this but I have to make something apparent: The tournament looks massively rigged in Portallifes favour, as much as i love you portal, it seems all the pros are bunched together and you have a free pass to the final.

Doomy, could this be, jesse and raharu all face each other within 3 games, I happen to face mudkipz first game and it seems a bunch of low ranks are facing each other all at the start, I urge you to rethink the seeding so the pros have a chance to reach the final and really test their skill then the hard maps come out, because right now alot of us are facing each other within the top 10 when the maps are super easy and it will only be an accuracy war.

Here is my compelling evidence: PortalPass:

Pro vs Pro 2nd game, no other top 10 deals with this

below is poor just miku who has to face doomy again first round as with the last tourney, give him a break?

seems like 5 of the top 10 are facing each other within the first 3 games here, you NEED to space the seeds out more, this placing needs re thinking, random number generator just wont work.

I am completely fine with a challenge but il reiterate on the accuracy war point, the whole point of this tournament is to have pros face each other on the hardest maps, not easy insanes like crazy hot nomod where 1x100 = lose.
Your PortalPass theory is flawed as his second game is vs. the winner of group H, he will likely play Charleyzard 2nd round, as most UK players know that is a very challenging opponent to face second round for any player, you cut out a key part of the bracket.
Starry-

Raiku wrote:

I'm sorry but I had to log in and comment on this.
It definitely was randomly generated and I saw so myself. If you are able to propose a better seeding system where every single matchup is well thought then feel free to, but I think for now this will be sufficient. Accusing PortalLife of 'rigging' the tourney like that is pretty humorous - as much as I respect you, Raiku, proof post like that really can't be taken seriously.
pielak213
­
Could This Be

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

RIP Starry- :'(
AmaiHachimitsu
Portal is weak, just saying.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Match timetable/Map pool is out!

There is one match missing because im not sure what time it'll be. Ill contact the players about that.
ChicagoTed
Only wanted to play round 1 anyway q.q
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Dont worry Jesse will oversleep and youll get a free win
Navi
obviously this idea is a bit late and I did propose this idea for the first tourney but to make things fair since we have high ranked players going against.. very low ranked players, we should make a winners bracket and a losers bracket.. just to give people a second chance since.. (no offence) quite a lot of the players don't stand a chance.. just feels like.. what's the point of some people entering the tourney otherwise right?
especially since its single elimination.
WeedMaster_old

Navi wrote:

obviously this idea is a bit late and I did propose this idea for the first tourney but to make things fair since we have high ranked players going against.. very low ranked players, we should make a winners bracket and a losers bracket.. just to give people a second chance since.. (no offence) quite a lot of the players don't stand a chance.. just feels like.. what's the point of some people entering the tourney otherwise right?
especially since its single elimination.
Like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-eli ... tournament
Topic Starter
Lapis-
You don't understand how much insane effort and insanity it takes to organize something like that Navi. It'd make the tournament around double the length and with so many matches its more probable to go wrong.
me3lingual
I am not a competitor, nor would I qualify for this Tournament. However, I feel that something should be said regarding the following Rule.

PortalLife wrote:

This tournament is a single elimination 1v1 tournament. Lose once, you are out. Brackets will be determined by seeding which is based on your PP.
If this is indeed the case, then why were the participants put through a random number generator, as said in the following quote?

PortalLife wrote:

IT was a randomly generated bracket. I did not manipulate this bracket in any way.
By not following the rule that you posted, you did in fact manipulate the bracket. Whether it was or was not in your favor, I don't know. And as for this:

Mahiro Yasaka wrote:

Portal got shit for it being unfair on the first torny,
So he randomises it for everyone (Cus people told him too) and gets more shit.
Nowhere in this thread was it said by ANYONE to randomize the seeding. If it was to be randomized, then an appropriate line in the rules post should have been made. If it was posted elsewhere, then please direct me to where it was written, and I will retract this statement. And finally, this:

Starry- wrote:

It definitely was randomly generated and I saw so myself. If you are able to propose a better seeding system where every single matchup is well thought then feel free to, but I think for now this will be sufficient. Accusing PortalLife of 'rigging' the tourney like that is pretty humorous - as much as I respect you, Raiku, proof post like that really can't be taken seriously.
Good for you, you witnessed the tournament organizer breaking the second tournament rule that was made. As for a suggestion, how about following the rule that was posted, and seed the participants according to the pp score?
Topic Starter
Lapis-
It was initially done by seeding, but the outcome was so bad it was changed to randomization. Please don't make wild statements without full knowledge please.

This my tournament and I made these rules. I reserve the right to change them at any time.
me3lingual
Wouldn't it have been best to notify the participants of this change to the rules then, that way such "wild statements" would not have been made? A simple update to the rules post would have been sufficient.
Starry-

me3lingual wrote:

Good for you, you witnessed the tournament organizer breaking the second tournament rule that was made. As for a suggestion, how about following the rule that was posted, and seed the participants according to the pp score?
I also witnessed the atrocity that became following the seeding of pp rank. It was awful, and the finals simply consisted of Rank #1 vs Rank #33 of the seeding theoretically. Furthermore, my post was aimed at Raiku's statement of PortalLife 'rigging' the tourney. Not you.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
I did notify people, however i overlooked the "rules" part of the post cause I was so fucking busy with the other parts of the tournament that I didn't check over that. I don't really see what you're trying to do here other than be obnoxious.
me3lingual
The only thing I am trying to do is help make it clear the reasons why a RNG was used. After all, one could simply assume that it was manipulated in your favor under the guise of using a RNG. Without proper clarification in the rules section, you sending messages to those involved could be seen as a ploy to do something to that effect. Now, I am not saying you did that, nor would I assume that you did. I am on your side in this. I made a bracket of the participants myself before even making my first post, and I also saw the "atrocity" of that final match. I am just trying to help you clarify the reasoning behind the seedings. I apologize if this is seen as obnoxious to you, that was not my intention.

After all, without clearly defined rules, people are prone to think things are rigged in favor of one person or group.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
What do I have to gain from rigging a unofficial tournament that is largely for fun?
Tekklorn
Not going to comment on these match rigging accusations and such because I know nothing about it, but what Raiku said about the accuracy war was pretty valid. A lot of the top players are going to play against each other early on in the tourney so I suggest making the maps difficult starting from the 2nd round, yes it's unfair to the lower seeded players who got through to the 2nd round but it'll avoid accuracy wars between top players.
destructor966

Raiku wrote:

Well I don't see how that is possible since I am against doomsday.

May I also add that even though in the last tournament I was put up against charleyzard and then had vidya and on both occasions would have had no chance at even gaining a point, I took the opportunity to evaluate my weaknesses and for once, actually work on them. If I was put up against someone at my skill level then I probably would have just practiced the maps a bit and not really bother trying to improve upon my weaknesses.

When I found out I was against doomsday, I didn't whine and complain or rush to portal's house and hold him at gun point until he puts me up against someone easy to beat. If anything I am glad I get to play doomsday because I can get a royal arse whooping rather than a regular arse whooping. I can also once again take this time to try strengthen my weaknesses rather than just moan and give up all hope.

Even though I have absolutely no chance (again), I at least have an opportunity to evaluate how I perform in a tournament match against tough opposition so I can see how I will fair in a tournament such as the CTB world cup (If we even have a team).

If portal really did rig this tournament, then he didn't do a great job at it in my eyes, he may have a few easy matches but he will still probably have to face charleyzard (hopefully he is awake this time) and if portal gets to the semis he will probably have to face mudkipz, navi or raiku.

Simply put, I am in this for the fun of it, getting higher through the tournament doesn't exactly mean you are better than everyone else. Would you believe that I am better than doomsday if I somehow get a win? If you entered in this tournament then you should have really expected to face anyone of any skill level and should not expect an easy match.

I just hope everyone gives it their best shot regardless of who they play.
vidya

PortalLife wrote:

Dont worry Jesse will oversleep and youll get a free win
He'd have to be a super pro sleeper to sleep past 8PM!

I'll have to face him round 3 if I win mine ;_;
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Next tournament (Summer, June ish) I'll do a name out the hat drawings and let it be streamed to determine who faces who.
Navi

PortalLife wrote:

You don't understand how much insane effort and insanity it takes to organize something like that Navi. It'd make the tournament around double the length and with so many matches its more probable to go wrong.
well that's a tournament for ya, however I don't think you should carry the whole burden by yourself, I think you should note that everyone who has posted in this thread is trying to help you, E.G me3lingual has some great constructive criticism, perhaps by taking in everything hes saying and even PMing him, or anyone, people can help you run this tournament.
however its "your tournament" so if you want the stress be my guest <3
Spayyce
Just a comment passing through.

Anyway, I know for a fact the PP seeding was not the best and the RNG is much better. >.>
ChicagoTed

destructor966 wrote:

Simply put, I am in this for the fun of it, getting higher through the tournament doesn't exactly mean you are better than everyone else. Would you believe that I am better than doomsday if I somehow get a win? If you entered in this tournament then you should have really expected to face anyone of any skill level and should not expect an easy match.

I just hope everyone gives it their best shot regardless of who they play.
When I first signed up, I was matched against you and I was like "Oh god, I'm going to lose." but when it changed to the RNG bracket, I remembered that I had joined this to have fun instead of feel competitive or bad when I lose.
Crai
I don't see why it matters, i'm going to win regardless of how this thing is seeded.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
#FIGHTINGTALK
wanony
Crai will prove himself #1 Scotland if he gets in the top 3.

Blaziken
Cant. Fucking. Wait
WeedMaster_old

Deathosaurus wrote:

Crai will prove himself #1 Scotland if he gets in the top 3.

Yeah, he can finally say he's better than SoraRoxas01 if he does that
Crai

WeedMaster wrote:

Yeah, he can finally say he's better than SoraRoxas01 if he does that
Yeah, but he's a hacker. I'll never be able to reach the sick feats he has achieved, such as Shotgun Senorita FC and Golden Sky + DT FC.
show more