forum

Normal to lose around 50PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
carlrules13
so i was on 999 performance points and i came off of osu to download something for battlefield, and when i restarted osu again around 3 hours later i had lost 50 performance points, is it normal to lose so much even though im constantly active?
winber1
pp is being recalculated.

you cannot lose points in pp unless u get a better rank but a worse score. and the amount lost is usually very minimal.
[ Stellar ]
Dang, same here. Lost 18 pp.
But I got a higher rank and better score. Stupid ppv2
Myke B
yup. I don't know if it's "normal" but it can happen.
buny

winber1 wrote:

you cannot lose points in pp unless u get a better rank but a worse score. and the amount lost is usually very minimal.

how do you guys even notice your pp dropping?
TheVileOne
I lost 1100 pp in CTB, but my rank improved by 1000. Lucky me.
djjsixpack

TheVileOne wrote:

Same, I lost 2 PP and went up 30 ranks. Go me :p
Kodehawa_old

TheVileOne wrote:

I lost likely 1900pp in CTB and my rank got improved.
In osu! I lost 21 and my rank lowered without reason, but I got it back to them normals.
UnknownPlayer
I lost 100 pp today, dont know what happened x_X
Noobsicle

Tom94 wrote:

pp just got switched to use calculations of the soon-to-come star rating system. Small changes in pp are to be expected. :P
from t/181850/start=668
FlameseeK

winber1 wrote:

Tom94 himself said this pp shift would happen in another thread. I lost 39pp today after passing a song I'd never played before, and that's quite a bit compared to what I've managed to get recently. It definitely wasn't me getting a worse score on map that I'd already played. It would have been a considerable loss, since I usually don't get a pp increase that high either.