forum

how much more accurate is PPv2?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Almost

Myke B wrote:

where v1 was towards farming (not to say that it didn't take skill in v1, though)
What? I got top 100 and I'm shit tier.
Myke B

Almost wrote:

Myke B wrote:

where v1 was towards farming (not to say that it didn't take skill in v1, though)
What? I got top 100 and I'm shit tier.
you and every other decent player think they're shit - get in line.
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid

Myke B wrote:

you and every other decent player think they're shit - get in line.
Lol the truth in that sentence. And i think a player ranked between 10-20k should be able to FC most of anything and I can't do that yet that's why I don't like my rank to go up D:
Myke B
they only call themselves bad (including myself) because you always compare yourself to the top. Not to say that I'm actually good, but calling myself bad, but I mean, I know I'm half decent at this game.
Amianki
I dropped like 800 ranks, mostly because I had spammed 98+% HD FCs on insane maps and some of them happened to be worth a lot.

Buuuuuut my top ranks now are scores that I actually take pride in, so there's that.
TakuMii
I've been called an "osu! god" several times by various people (both online and IRL), but it doesn't matter because I'm not Cookiezi rrtyui. I still think I suck.
Myke B

YayMii wrote:

I've been called an "osu! god" several times by various people (both online and IRL), but it doesn't matter because I'm not Cookiezi rrtyui. I still think I suck.
yup - same. You (and the majority of people, including myself) suck in comparison to rrtyui, but in actuality we aren't that bad
Saint_old

SloppySeal wrote:

its for sure better than ppv1
they're the same quality at most
Myke B

Saint wrote:

SloppySeal wrote:

its for sure better than ppv1
they're the same quality at most
no - stop lol. V2 is much better than v1. if you disagree then you have no idea what you're talking about. not saying v2 is perfect, but it IS better than v1 by a good amount.
Saint_old
[quote="Myke B"]no - stop lol. V2 is much better than v1. if you disagree then you have no idea what you're talking about. not saying v2 is perfect, but it IS better than v1 by a good amount.[/qu‌ote]
ok i surrender i agree with you.
Myke B

Saint wrote:

Myke B wrote:

no - stop lol. V2 is much better than v1. if you disagree then you have no idea what you're talking about. not saying v2 is perfect, but it IS better than v1 by a good amount.[/qu‌ote]
ok i surrender i agree with you.
I'm not looking to argue. I'm just correcting you, due to your lack of knowledge of v2 :)
Coffee Hero
I'm not looking to argue. I'm just correcting you, due to your lack of knowledge
Lmao
Myke B

TSC wrote:

I'm not looking to argue. I'm just correcting you, due to your lack of knowledge
Lmao
I honestly can say I know v2 is better than v1. If I sound like a dick towards saint - idgaf because he trolls all of the time anyways.
Noobsicle
its more accurate because you have to be more accurate

sweg
Rewben2

YayMii wrote:

This. People used to call me a god when I livestreamed at rank 10k.. That's pretty bad. On boxbox's stream, everyone praises him but he is very far from being top tier, he's probably rank 2k material. Everyone's definition of good is different.

Ontopic: It's way better than ppv1, it is more quality>quantity than the last system which makes it more accurate, it judges skill more than how much you play, exactly how a ranking system should function.

Does anyone actually think the old system was better? I'm interested to hear if so
Dexus
It's only accurate when you get to the #500 and below range. Everything above is inaccurate in a parabolic state. From what I've seen you can't really get anywhere without using mods neither, #1000 range being the highest probably.

PPv2 is better for high tier players, yes. Everyone else, no.
Tom94

Dexus wrote:

It's only accurate when you get to the #500 and below range. Everything above is inaccurate in a parabolic state. From what I've seen you can't really get anywhere without using mods neither, #1000 range being the highest probably.

You can get far higher without mods. There are enough hard maps for doing that. Just that most people in the top #1000 choose to play with mods doesn't mean it's a requirement. :P
NotCookie_old
DT is kind of ridiculously strong in ppv2, probably too strong
dennischan
Agreed. Just tried to play DT hard for fun and got pp. That map wasn't even hard with DT and I even broke my combo
But still got 14pp.
DT should be nerfed.
GoldenWolf
How would you nerf DT if there is no arbitrary bonus given to it?
Ziggo

Dexus wrote:

That's the feeling I get as well. The system also feels less rewarding than the old one. Whenever I get a good score my pp won't budge an inch, but random streamy maps clutter my best performance ranking. Similar things also happened in ppv1, but definitely less.
Tekklorn
IMO, PPv2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than PPv1, it feels way more rewarding now that hard maps are giving me more than songs where I just got ranked high, but wasn't actually that hard (eg new or unpopular maps)
TheVileOne
I'm not complaining (yet). I have a solid CTB ranking that I haven't had since pp was tweaked months ago.
tokaku

YayMii wrote:

The new system doesn't count for ranks, so it shouldn't have anything to do with the fact you got a top50 on a new map.
What I've heard is that ppv2 is slightly farmable at lower ranks, so if you're getting A-ranks or S-ranks on more difficult stuff, you'll be carried up to the rank of others with the same capability. The ppv2 system is also fairly forgivable; you can't lose pp by playing badly (unless you get a new high score on a map with lower accuracy, but that's a limitation of the current system rather than an intended feature).
Yeah it is pretty farmable at lower ranks if you can do better in harder songs with ease but you never bothered because you were busy farming pp in PPv1
Me168
1) what r stream. (I probably need a keyboard, because my Laptop one is not made for this game)

2) what r accuracy

3) what r endurance
[ Stellar ]
I love the new ppv2. You get ranks as you gradually become better at osu ^^
Mamoru Senpai

[ Stellar ] wrote:

People who are actually trying to improve are getting more benefits from PPv2. In the previous PP system people who stucked at some level and farmed DTHD hards got the beneftis. It's so simple. People are still complaining about it.

Get better -> You get ranks.
Blueprint
I got to rank 50k from 100k FC'ing random Hards with DT, anyhow I don't understand it much I personally feel if I don't hit a high combo or FC a short map I won't gain any pp, earlyer In a m2p lobby I got A D rank on a song and probably had a max combo of maybe 200 and failed at the start of the song but I gained like 10-15pp. Anyhow I don't care much for pp although I do use pp to say if I'm improving or not because I can't judge my self.
buny
i wish i got 10-15pp for getting D ranks
Blueprint

buny wrote:

i wish i got 10-15pp for getting D ranks
Touhou- four seasons
pUELLA MAGI madoka magica - connect Holo
bikuko - home work crisis [let's jump!!]
Black hole - pluto expert

1 of those duno looking through my D ranks for today
Keeby
If you fail a song in multiplayer I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, rather, it's just a fail.

It was probably a song you played previously. I get confused about that too sometimes.
Volcanism
I feel that PPv2 reflects improvement more accurately, though people of a similar rank could differ in skill level, depending on what most of their PP comes from e.g. aim vs. accuracy etc. But one thing's for sure, if I feel that I should get PP for a certain score, I tend to, though sometimes it's more than I expect and in some cases less.
NotCookie_old

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

[ Stellar ] wrote:

People who are actually trying to improve are getting more benefits from PPv2. In the previous PP system people who stucked at some level and farmed DTHD hards got the beneftis. It's so simple. People are still complaining about it.
People still just DT Hard farm though, it's a pretty big 'problem' (probably not really a problem) in the ~3-20k range. It's a high enough rank bracket that it doesn't really matter, but it's still pretty lame that people just farm past you with ezpz scores that give a billion pp thanks to DT
Illkryn

Rewben2 wrote:

This. People used to call me a god when I livestreamed at rank 10k.. That's pretty bad. On boxbox's stream, everyone praises him but he is very far from being top tier, he's probably rank 2k material. Everyone's definition of good is different.
I watched BoxBox he's like rank 10k at best, that's being generous.

The wiki wouldn't lie to us
haxsu
PPv2 is way more accurate than PPv1 by a longshot. It is not perfect yet but it is a huge improvement.

There were several amazing players in PPv1 who were ranked in the 1,000-5,000 range in v1 who are now in the 100-500's in this one.
Rewben2

Illkryn wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

I watched BoxBox he's like rank 10k at best, that's being generous.

The wiki wouldn't lie to us
You think? He has fc'd just awake and has pretty good (better than myself) scores on hard maps like a few 0108's. 2k might be generous, but I'd say he's 6k minimum.
buny
I fc'd just awake in 2012 and I was rank like 30k lol.
Illkryn

Rewben2 wrote:

You think? He has fc'd just awake and has pretty good (better than myself) scores on hard maps like a few 0108's. 2k might be generous, but I'd say he's 6k minimum.
Oh wow my bad, sorry. I was going off what I saw like 3 months ago and he was baaad, I stalked his profile and he has improved a fair amount, but I'm meant to be rank 2k and I don't think he could fc that stuff I have yet.
WolfCoder
It seems to work, my climb this time isn't as fast. It's actually pretty slow, but I won't complain about the extra practice.
Mamoru Senpai

buny wrote:

I fc'd just awake in 2012 and I was rank like 30k lol.
show more