forum

Ranking is not working properly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ichi
Yo, i was wondering if there was a mayor change within the performance points ranking system. Okay so i had clear that pp would always give you points, and it could never take them from you...its a non penalty or whatever sht system. But lately its been happening to me that im losing pp for improving the score i have on a certain map... i increased the combo in the song and also the score but for some reason, maybe accuraccy or misses got worse than last time and i found myself losing a couple pp. So my question is, is this a bug? is this how it works now? or maybe just noone knows for certain...
Venumidas
Nope, not a bug, misses-100's-300's-accuracy-map itself-combo-score, get's calculated(I guess so atleast).

If you get worse accuracy, but a better score, it could happen that you lose pp, laos if you get alot mote misses, but still increase your score and accuracy, it could happen that you also lose pp, you will never lose pp(only if they change something), you can just lose them if you get a worse "Performance" on a song you allready had a score on :)

Don't want to edit all those mistakes~ to tired.
Tom94
Venumidas is right. Also there just have been changes to the performance system. You can see them here https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog .
Venumidas
So, if I think about it, I lost 7k ranks, I allready played a few ranks and got a few 10 ranks.

If those 26k people higher ranked then me never loggin and play a ranked t update their pp, it will take me years to get back to my normal rank? Why isn't there just something like a every hour or every three hours a update for ranks? This "You have to play a ranked for a update" thing just confuses people to hell and let's them create millions of threads?
Soarezi
Dude, i swear to god. You do nothing but cry in the forums, fucking live with it and get good son.
Venumidas

Soarezi wrote:

Dude, i swear to god. You do nothing but cry in the forums, fucking live with it and get good son.
http://puu.sh/7dVoL you are the last one in this forum we should care about in "Gameplay & Rankings" right now, so please go and train on, maybe sometime in 100 years you look like the guy on your picture -

@Tom94, hope you got this somehow: So, if I think about it, I lost 7k ranks, I allready played a few ranks and got a few 10 ranks.

If those 26k people higher ranked then me never loggin and play a ranked t update their pp, it will take me years to get back to my normal rank? Why isn't there just something like a every hour or every three hours a update for ranks? This "You have to play a ranked for a update" thing just confuses people to hell and let's them create millions of threads?

Am I right with that? Or will be inactive people get ranked back over time, cause now they should still have old PP/Rank according to what you said.
Soarezi

Venumidas wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

http://puu.sh/7dVoL you are the last one in this forum we should care about in "Gameplay & Rankings" right now, so please go and train on, maybe sometime in 100 years you look like the guy on your picture -
lmfao this guy tho
Venumidas

Soarezi wrote:

lmfao this guy tho

This guy tho.
Tom94
Don't worry, within the next few days everyone will get re-calculated, even if they don't play. There is a huge amount of scores in the database (many gigabytes!) which take quite a long time to process. :P
Venumidas

Tom94 wrote:

Don't worry, within the next few days everyone will get re-calculated, even if they don't play. There is a huge amount of scores in the database (many gigabytes!) which take quite a long time to process. :P

Thanks :) I was pretty scared lol, thinking about the people never geting updatet/reculculated~
Keeby
so everyone is going to lose pp? I just lost 50 pp or so, but is there ever going to be a case where someone is going to gain pp?
Venumidas
I don't think that there will be anyone gaining pp, but everyone get's "reculculated", so I guess nearly everyone is going to lose pp/ranks, alot.
GoldenWolf

Venumidas wrote:

so I guess nearly everyone is going to lose ranks
That's not possible though
nooblet

GoldenWolf wrote:

Venumidas wrote:

so I guess nearly everyone is going to lose ranks
That's not possible though
Cookiezi returns, -1 for all :P
GoldenWolf

nooblet wrote:

Cookiezi returns, -1 for all :P
Except it's not relevant to a pp recalculation

bam
SanicHegehog

Keeby wrote:

so everyone is going to lose pp? I just lost 50 pp or so, but is there ever going to be a case where someone is going to gain pp?
People who lose pp are more likely to complain on this forum, in experience. People who gain pp are unlikely to celebrate on this forum.
seasonS

Soarezi wrote:

And you cry when others complain about something in a forum?
If you don't want to see him "cry" then get off forums
Myke B
Who cares about rank if you can't even get triple digits minimum.
buny
i wish i was triple digits
Myke B

buny wrote:

i wish i was triple digits
if only