forum

[invalid] Combo Fire each 500 combos.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
show more
Livean
i like the idea, the first time i got a 500X combo i got surprised and lost my combo so i think is a good idea that gradually the yellow color turns to blue. is nice, but when i saw that in the achivements there are a 750X 1000X and 2000X i thought in each achievement the colour will change. when i reached 750X, i got dissapointed because i was wondering if the flame will turn in other color and about fire colours in real life? if your are a fireworks maker you probably know this if you add copper to a flame this turn in a green color and i know there are other quimics that if you add to a fire this turn in other color like red, blue, orange, purple etc etc like in fireworks

so this is an awesome idea, and Peppy actual fire is fine for me i think if you use a "likely real fire" this might need a powerfull graphics card and i have a really bad one... i like osu because is ligth game that don't need too much ram or cpu it need a bit powerfull graphics but i like my configuration and overall, i like that fire because it makes me feel that my soul burns XD

hope my english isn't too bad XD i'm still learning and if i wrote something bad hope you forgive me
Gaba
Holy necropost batman.
Kitsunemimi
It is a good idea though, and I'm still sort of interested to see this implemented.
Ijah_old
Red at 1,000? :D
TheVileOne
I wouldn't mind such a change. Although combo fire is kind of distracting as it is.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Torran wrote:

Please keep in mind how a flame changes color in the real world. The only way a flame could ever burn those colors are with elements burning in it. A good idea would be having the flame gradually change into a blue flame as the combo increases above 500 or so. Or just something like this:
30 - Red flame
<500 - Red flame increases in height
>=500 - Red flame completely engulfs the screen/Begin changing into blue flame
2000 - Completely blue flame

Also, Science Rules!
Ahmmm... I rather suggest this:

Flame color will change every time peppy pops.*
Flame colors will be based SCIENTIFICALLY. Colors will change from the weakest color of flame to the strongest one....

*Well, I forgot my Chemistry class days.... so I forgot how many colors a flame can be... So Its not be good if every 30s 50s 100s and so on the flame will change colour...
jemhuntr
red flame<orange flame<yellow flame<green flame<blue flame
dunno where purple goes~
theowest
More distractions so you can fail when you have an even higher combo, that's what I call this request.

70% of everyone who can reach 2000 combo doesn't even play with combo fire on anyway.
jemhuntr
but it's not just about people who reach 2000 combos, right? And it would be fulfilling for some players like me to reach the highest combo color. lol I actually got so happy after reaching my first blue fire in osu!standard mode :">

peppy wrote:

I want to change combo fire to a sprite based animation before any other changes. Until someone helps me draw some awesome fire nothing will happen. The current fire is horrible, after all.
oh. I'm gonna try making some awesome fire for ya. ^_^
soo.... it should be white, right? and osu! will recolor it during gameplay :)
Zare
no serious player plays with combo fire turned on, really...
jemhuntr
peppy look, I found a gimp script for animated fire! :">
oh btw, this animation has 20 frames and plays at 40 milliseconds per frame.

here's a small recolored rainbow version :">>>
Soaprman
The only reason I don't use combo fire is that it doesn't look very nice, especially how it's slanted. If it looked more like that or used some nice sprites, I'd use it.

Also the abrupt cutoff halfway up the screen where flames just disappear. Keep the same cap on how far they go up but don't have an invisible line past which it stops being drawn.

Zarerion wrote:

And this feature request isn't for those people. It's for people who use the fire or would use the fire if it were changed.
ann_old

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

jemhuntr
hey, it's been 2 months. guess it's time to revive this.

it would be nice to add the recolors to the current shader fire first ^_^
Axel
Dont even mess with the fire. Fire doesnt matter.

//I dont even use it.
she_old
Awesome, rainbow-colored fire.
Let's go on a space trip.
jemhuntr
the fire easily tells me that my combo broke. When I enjoy the music too much, I don't even hear my combo break sound.

Edit: Also, sprite-based fire makes it skinnable. <3
Kuro

Zarerion wrote:

Which is less than 10% of the community... :P

Anyway, nice find JeMhUnTeR
This would definitely be better than the current \o/

Stuff about the colors of fire
Fire will burn different colors depending on the chemical reaction of the material burning. If you are just burning wood, the color is probably due to the heat of the fire. Relatively cool fires burn red, then orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet as the fire gets hotter. The reason we usually don't see the last three hottest colors is because they are not as easily seen by our eyes. As a result, they often appear white.

jemhuntr
so...
red = 30
orange = 100
yellow = 250
green = 500
blue = 1000
indigo = 1500
violet = 2000
white = 2500...? :> awesome white fire
Kuro

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

so...

white = 2500...? :> awesome white fire
Hell yeah! 8-)
Luneko
I don't play with the Combo Fire turned on but here's an idea I got while reading through this thread.

In my opinion it'd be cool if the combo fire would adapt the max combo of a map.
So if the map has a max combo of 500, the Flame will be fully blue if you reach the 500 combo.
In this example the flame would be tinted +1% blue every 5 combo points (500 / 100 = 5)
100 Combo = 20% Blue | 250 Combo = 50% Blue, and so on...
The height of the flame could also be adapted in that way.

Well that's just an idea.
Kuroneko-sHerald
SPOILER
All objects with a temperature above absolute zero radiate energy by emitting photons.
Most things emit photons you can't see: turn out the lights, you can't see them, because the photons being emitted are invisible to you.
As you increase the temperature, some of the highest energy photons will be emitted in the lowest-energy part of the spectrum you can see, which is the red and orange light.
Low temperature flames and a low-temperature metal element of your stove look like that.

Increase the temperature more, it emits more photons in the yellow-green region, the colour grows more yellow.
Increase temperature more, photons will be emitted about equally in all parts of the visible spectrum, so all colours of light are produced, and the light appears white.
White-hot is hotter than red-hot.

Increase temperature more, now very few released photons have so little energy that they are low-energy red, most are high-energy green, blue, violet, and even UV -- higher-energy than you can see.
That object will appear bright blue: blue-hot is hotter than white hot.

You see this progression with stars, and the colour of a star gives you an approximation of its surface temperature: red stars are <3500K, orange yellow white stars are progressively hotter, blue-white and then blue stars are around 8000K or more.

In theory, you can keep going.
Make the object so hot that none of the emitted photons is in the visible range, they start in the UV and go up from there.
The emitted light would be entirely invisible, or at best a pale violet.
In practice, that's not something you could ever actually do, because you'd need a temperature of like 50000K or more.

An oxy-acetylene torch will get you around 3800K, a plasma torch around 12000K.
Those flames are blue, and a plasma torch is about as hot as you're going to get outside a supernova.

Note that this all assumes that the colour is only due to the temperature you generate.
You can change the colour of a flame by throwing different chemicals into it, and the different elements will emit characteristic colours due to the energy levels of electrons in the ions, not the temperature.
You can make a low temperature blue flame by adding copper chloride, for example.

According to this, colors should be: red-orange, yellow-green, white, blue.

So the combo should change like this (maybe):
0-499     -> red-orange
500-999 -> yellow-green
1000-1999 -> white
>2000 -> blue
jemhuntr
well whatever. i don't really care about how colors are arranged anymore. (especially when it involves chem >.<) just let peppy decide.
Stefan
They are actually fine for now. What's the problem.
DragonXRG

peppy wrote:

I want to change combo fire to a sprite based animation before any other changes. Until someone helps me draw some awesome fire nothing will happen. The current fire is horrible, after all.

just waiting for this part :)-
Oinari-sama

DragonXRG wrote:

peppy wrote:

just waiting for this part :)-

Just curious, how is the fire "drawn" in osu anyway? Scripts eg wimamp visualisation, or animated pics/movies eg osu story board?

EDIT: Have we considered other type of animation eg aurora?
jemhuntr
Shade effects. which looks horrible.

making combo fire sprite based allows us to modify how the combo fire looks. You could make your own animation once this gets implemented, and if it is skinnable.
Kuro

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Shade effects. which looks horrible.

making combo fire sprite based allows us to modify how the combo fire looks. You could make your own animation once this gets implemented, and if it is skinnable.
inb4 skinning a strobing smiley face that progressively gets happier
Mysterica
The hottest star is blue.. so..:)
ZGT_pro
i support the idea but..... idk if people even enable combo flre these days. although i think that i don agree with the color
start-yellow
500-blue
1000-green
1500-magenta
2000-red
i think these colors are better dont you think?
its just a suggestion
ieb

Ain053 wrote:

Well, I think I'll not support this, but i think Just change the Flame color a little by little, when 400 combo, it changes color a little by little as combo increase, why I suggest this?

when i got to 500 combo, it turns to blue suddenly, and that makes me shock, And the combo ended up in 501, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!
Agree with it, but I chose to turn it off after this happened the third time.
jemhuntr
and it might be better if it's a fade-in transition.
Kuro

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

it'd be cool if combo fire slowly changed color until becoming solid at each combo streak
jemhuntr

Kuro wrote:

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

it'd be cool if combo fire slowly changed color until becoming solid at each combo streak
sorry that was what I meant.
Anzo
If it's going to be a sprite-based animation I hope that we can skin it. :p
Ava
And it'll make my PC even laggy-er :D
Full Tablet
Invisible - 0
Red - 250
Orange - 500
Yellow - 750
White - 1000
Sky Blue - 2000
Blue - 2500
Blueish Purple - 3000

Color should change continuously with combo, achieving those colors when combo matches the numbers. This is the only logic and correct form to do this (custom colors and combo numbers should be allowed too).
jemhuntr
I guess that should be customizable using the skin.ini. Also, it would be better to allow gamemode specific settings here. Why? I can easily reach a 2000 combo in mania, but can hardly reach 1000 in standard.
inazumacaoz5v3
Pepy, deberias considerar lo de los cambios en el fuego de fondo...

Le pondria mucha mas emocion al juego ^^

yo me emociono mucho cuando el fuego se pone azul >w<
Stefan
Bumping.

Combo Fire has been removed.. so.. invalid?
show more