forum

Razer blackwidow for osu or other mx cherry switch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
Hi, what do you think about BlackWidow for osu? It's good decision? Or maybe I should buy keybord with other switches? Razer's keyboard have got mx cherry blue switches.

I'm playing osu for just month, but i want buy new keyboard. Now I've got no named keyboard XD

I'm playing games like osu!, LoL, Combat Arms, Elsword etc.

What should I do? Buy BlackWidow or maybe other keybord with other switches?
Soarezi
Blackwidow's fine, i prefer QPAD MK-50 myself, it has many cherry switches, i use red's myself.
Noobsicle
razer has bad quality control with most of their products e.g some peripherals break really early on, however some people have kept their blackwidows in working condition for years, its just a matter of luck when buying a razer product tbh

if you can find other brands of mechanical keyboards (steelseries, ducky, cm storm, corsair, logitech etc), i would suggest you buy one of them instead of a blackwidow

blue switches are fine for osu! (better than rubberdomes at least), but the best gaming switch (also the best switch for osu!) would have to be reds, since they're are the lightest of all cherry switches
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
So... what keyboard with red switches do you preffer for me?
Noobsicle
cmstorm quickfire TK

any (non-razer) keyboard should be fine
Soarezi
QPAD MK-50, the cheapest ones
Pizzicato
idk about the green blackwidow but my BW ultimate with blue LEDs got broken after 6 months
cmstorm or ducky are great choices
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
cmstorm quickfire TK or Qpad MK 50 or Corsair Vengeance K70 or STEELSERIES 6G V2 or something else?
Pizzicato

no Yoko wrote:

cmstorm quickfire TK or Qpad MK 50 or Corsair Vengeance K70 or STEELSERIES 6G V2 or something else?
they're all great. that is all up to you which to pick
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
I will bought Cooler master Tk, thanks guys!
AmaiHachimitsu
Just saying, we would help you in Polish forum as well.

As for switches, the keyboard choice is of minor importance if you focus on playing osu!, you just need proper switches. You might consider getting a kb with wrist rest, but it's all when it comes to osu!

Moral - go get the cheaper one with the switch of your choice. (Reds are the best in theory)
GoldenWolf
Don't buy a blackwidow

ever

trust me
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
I want get new keyboard not just for osu. I said. I'm playing games like osu!, Elsword, LoL, Combat Arms, etc.

I think mx cherry red is good for me :3
buny

GoldenWolf wrote:

Don't buy a blackwidow

ever

trust me
this, you can get better keyboards for a lot cheaper and better quality.
Myke B
I know a lot of people who have owned blackwidow (including myself) who thought they were good keyboard; however, I do know a lot of people who said they have broken on them fairly fast. I prefer red switches for osu! though.
Rewben2

buny wrote:

this, you can get better keyboards for a lot cheaper and better quality.
Meh, I got a 10-keyless black widow for $100. Mechanical keyboards don't come much cheaper than that, the cheapest you would find would be $80ish and that would likely be online. If you include membranes it's a different story, but the op is after a mechanical it looks like.

As far as quality goes, I went from the blackwidow to a corsair k70, a $180 mechanical keyboard that is considered to be a good keyboard. The blackwidow doesn't have any flaws I've noticed going from one to the other, the main difference is the features (backlighting, numpad, switches type). I used the blackwidow for around 7 months, and used zx for osu! the entire time, I noticed towards the end of using it, my z/x keys didn't have the same click to them as when I got it, but still function perfectly fine.

All in all, i'd just go for whatever is cheapest. The blackwidow is a fine option, but if you are going to be spending $160 on the one with backlighting/numpad, you can easily get one with the same features for cheaper. I wouldn't say the blackwidow is better than any other mech keyboard, I wouldn't prioritise it over anything else.
NotCookie_old
rrtyui has a blackwidow. Look at his profile to see how many sets of buttons he's broken. (inb4 top kek m8 its rrtyui obv he breaks buttons).

Really, don't get a Blackwidow.
DeletedUser_3905941
Lovely bullshit here.
There is no best cherry mx switch. It's all preference, just like your sensitivity or tablet area. Reds are the lightest but that necessarily doesn't mean you'll be faster if you have the reds.
And quality wise, the blackwidow sucks, keys usually break. Also decide if you REALLY (yes really) want a mech, since I've used a sidewinder x4 for around 3/4 years and its still running fine.
Xyrax Alaria

no Yoko wrote:

Hi, what do you think about BlackWidow for osu? It's good decision? Or maybe I should buy keybord with other switches? Razer's keyboard have got mx cherry blue switches.

I'm playing osu for just month, but i want buy new keyboard. Now I've got no named keyboard XD

Really all switches come down to is what you like the feel of the best. I use the blackwidow w/ blues and I love it for Osu! I did a lot of research on what switch I would like and what I would have liked pointed to blue the whole road. Put a lot of thought into it, a keyboard isn't just something you're going to be using for Osu! remember, but also choose something you would like for Osu! :) Good luck choosing!
Pizzicato
yeah but when we talk about a blackwidow it's automatically labeled as shit
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
I think Cooler master Tk will be good for me :3

Red switches are the best option for me. I play a lof of FPS and MOBA.

Thanks guys for help, love ya!
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
Guys, COOLER MASTER STORM QUICKFIRE TK is too small for me.

Corsair K70 or K95?
Syden

no Yoko wrote:

Guys, COOLER MASTER STORM QUICKFIRE TK is too small for me.

Corsair K70 or K95?
I've heard good things about both, but if i was going to choose, it would be K70. A lot of the higher ranked people i know use a K70 or logitech.
sstonn
Wait for the multicolored LED Corsairs go up for sale and buy one of those.
Sorun

GoldenWolf wrote:

Don't buy a blackwidow

ever

trust me
Also avoid Rosewills mx keyboards.
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
Noobsicle
heres a better showcasing of the RGB lighting effects

sure, its a pointless feature that does nothing to improve gaming performance, but god damn thats some fkn sick lighting (however it'll take a few months for the rgb boards to be released)

wouldbuyoverrazerswitchoverpricedblackwidow/10
Topic Starter
aTastyCookie
I bought K70, thanks guys!
Xyrax Alaria

no Yoko wrote:

Lots of people are going to complain about both the Blackwidow and the Cherry MX Blues. DO NOT LISTEN!

THIS IS ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE! USE WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL LIKE THE BEST!

source: Own a blackwidow with Blues. Love it.
GoldenWolf

Xyrax Alaria wrote:

Lots of people are going to complain about both the Blackwidow and the Cherry MX Blues. DO NOT LISTEN!

THIS IS ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE! USE WHAT YOU THINK YOU WILL LIKE THE BEST!

source: Own a blackwidow with Blues. Love it.
Lots of people are going to complain about the Blackwidow. DO LISTEN!

THIS ISN'T ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE! DON'T USE WHAT WE TELL YOU DOESN'T WORK!

soure: Own a blackwidow with 7 broken keys. Hate it.
buny
blackwidow is a heavy piece of shit, so it's not something you could take with your laptop if you plan to be mobile.
Purple
Expect broken switches from all Cherry MX mechanical keyboards, not just Razer Blackwidow. Mechanical switches aren't made for 220BPM deathstreaming, that's why they break.
buny
Just because they all break, doesn't mean one isn't worse than the other.
dazasianguy
got a blackwidow ultimate 2014 and i hate it never buy razer products al plastic dont like em
FrzR

dazasianguy wrote:

got a blackwidow ultimate 2014 and i hate it never buy razer products al plastic dont like em
Dat bump doe.

It's your fault for buying something you don't like. You should have read reviews about it. LOL

your umi avatar matches your reaction
Xayne

aTastyCookie wrote:

So... what keyboard with red switches do you preffer for me?
Ducky Shine 3.
krongkiet28
What you guys think about other brands of keyboards and with the same cherry mx red switch... do they feel the same like Coolermaster quickfire tk (red) and corsair k70 cherry mx red?
show more