forum

Recording osu! gameplay?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Natt
I'm looking for a program that'll record gameplay, preferably liveplays, meaning that ideally there'd be little to no lag in the game.

One's i've tried so far:

MSI Afterburner - seems to work the best, but records in avi, and when its uploaded to youtube slightly morphs and desyncs

Fraps - works alright, but the filesizes are MASSIVE.

dxtory - causes too much lag to be able to play at the same time

Action! - causes too much lag

Camstudio - too much lag

Any others? If not is it possible to fix the frap filesizes? Or at the very least fix the MSI Afterburner recordings so they don't upload weirdly?
Rewben2
Render the fraps files?
Topic Starter
Natt
I've been looking for a program to do that, but there aren't any free ones out there that I know of...

Any recommendations? The "how to make a recording" guide on the forums uses vegas, which is...pricey, to say the least.
Mathsma
Rewben2

wait99 wrote:

I've been looking for a program to do that, but there aren't any free ones out there that I know of...

Any recommendations? The "how to make a recording" guide on the forums uses vegas, which is...pricey, to say the least.
Vegas is what I use. I think movie maker is free and can render video, not entirely sure.
Topic Starter
Natt

Mathsma wrote:

OBS - http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2972
This is perfection, I just spent the last little bit testing it out.

No lag on the actual game while using it, file sizes are reasonable, saves in mp4, no desync when uploading...

Thank you so much for letting me know of this!
Venumidas
Fraps+Camtasia to render.
Weed
just get vegas for rendering/editing, no one pays for it anyways
Soarezi

wait99 wrote:

dxtory - causes too much lag to be able to play at the same time
This is really weird, because i was forced to use dxtory back in the days in order to record without lag. Your settings are probably fucked up in dxtory, because that program really shouldn't create lag, also an extra harddrive and recording the files there WILL help.

And just get vegas for rendering, it's reliable and doesn't cut out the quality much with proper settings.
Pizzicato
i use bandicam
Arcanine
bandicammmmmmmmm
Mamoru Senpai
I'm using fraps (60 - 120 FPS capturing) and render it with vegas (30 FPS).
Myke B
fraps works fine for me, then you can slap it into an editor like sony vegas
Elit3Blaze

Myke B wrote:

fraps works fine for me, then you can slap it into an editor like sony vegas