osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
whymeman

LoliFlan wrote:

whymeman wrote:

I added a few custom drops that can be found from hostile mobs in a *very rare* chance. LoliFlan was lucky enough to get the "Silver Sword". Also fixed the fast spawning issue with the DarkMagician boss so you don't have to die getting the loot.
Zombie died in lava so the hype was not real.
Also mini bosses would be nice too since that thing is just way too OP.
I do want to create custom dungeons though.
I did retune the drops though so they're not as dangerously OP. It still takes a few hits to kill them haunted armors in the nether castle :o
Flanster
xRayne

LoliFlan wrote:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/fry-the-world/

Can we add this LOL.
"We have plans of expanding it to incorporate fried mobs and a fried biome, where everything is eatable!"

LOL
Flanster
If this gets added, im definitely making a fast food joint.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Woah.... Is that something that can be applied to bukkit or Forge?
Granger
You'd need the mod server software... forgot how its called, and everyone that joins needs the mod too. So no.

And frankly, i think mods like that are fun for maybe 10 minutes and thats it... :/
If we'd be adding mods id so root for harvestcraft + hungeroverhaul + plantmegapack.
Flanster
I myself didn't manage to install the mod correctly to my 1.7.2 nor 1.7.10 client, I think it uses Forge.

It would be more fun gathering food though but yeah overall nothing too interesting
But http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/giant-caves/ THIS is.
query3

Granger wrote:

You'd need the mod server software... forgot how its called, and everyone that joins needs the mod too. So no.

And frankly, i think mods like that are fun for maybe 10 minutes and thats it... :/
If we'd be adding mods id so root for harvestcraft + hungeroverhaul + plantmegapack.
root for harvestcraft :P
if the forge mod that enabled bukkit plugin crossover was updated, then this would be doable. :o
Granger

LoliFlan wrote:

I myself didn't manage to install the mod correctly to my 1.7.2 nor 1.7.10 client, I think it uses Forge.

It would be more fun gathering food though but yeah overall nothing too interesting
My god... thats greath! Makes for a huge, dark cave FILLED with monsters. That + http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/oreveins/ when we ever make a new world would be nice.
Omio9999
Has anyone been able to connect to the server decent at all this past week? Every time I try, I cannot interact with anything and eventually time out. >.<;
gatotsu
Everything is ok for me
Topic Starter
whymeman

LoliFlan wrote:

Hmm... I'll consider that idea for the next map reset in the long long long long long long long-*two hours later*-long future.
xRayne

Omio9999 wrote:

Has anyone been able to connect to the server decent at all this past week? Every time I try, I cannot interact with anything and eventually time out. >.<;
Everything has been fine for me as well ):
Flanster

whymeman wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

Hmm... I'll consider that idea for the next map reset in the long long long long long long long-*two hours later*-long future.
Thats great to know!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Feeling nice atm, I decided to add "Attribute Gems". This will allow you to add attributes to your items using their socket slots ad demonstrated below...

First, find the socket gem. Attribute Gems with have an "obvious" name like "HP Plus" in the image. [Image]

Then add the gem to the item with a free socket.... [Image]

Now your item has the stat boost of +4 HP when in hand. [Image]

Of course, using that gem on a sword would be a waste as the effect is removed the moment you switch items. But the Gems can be applied to armor and other tools as well. I'm still adding more types but you'll start seeing them shortly.
Loctav
Seriously, someone has to update the OP. There is not even the IP listed. Nowhere. How can you call that "Open" if it requires rocket science, asking or random guessing to figure out how to connect...

NOTICE: Please do not use osu.ppy.sh as the server address.
At least it's telling you what NOT to use. Well. Still useless. I know this is some freetime project, but yet the OP is poorly maintained. Not all plugins are listed, not all commands are listed, IP is missing, it's outdated. Before adding more features, maybe fix that first so you don't wonder about why no one joins this server right now.
xRayne

Loctav wrote:

Seriously, someone has to update the OP. There is not even the IP listed. Nowhere. How can you call that "Open" if it requires rocket science, asking or random guessing to figure out how to connect...

NOTICE: Please do not use osu.ppy.sh as the server address.
At least it's telling you what NOT to use. Well. Still useless. I know this is some freetime project, but yet the OP is poorly maintained. Not all plugins are listed, not all commands are listed, IP is missing, it's outdated. Before adding more features, maybe fix that first so you don't wonder about why no one joins this server right now.
The IP is given out in a PM to members when they have given the proper information and have been whitelisted. Although i agree, the OP needs some updating, Not all plugins are listed because players do not need to know all plugins, but major ones that actually help them when they come on the server. EDIT: I forgot to mention that the server has not been updated to 1.8 because there is no bukkit update. A lot of servers, actually, have not changed over because that build is very unstable.
Loctav
Why do you call it "OPEN" when it's not then. This is not an open server at all.
xRayne

Loctav wrote:

Why do you call it "OPEN" when it's not then. This is not an open server at all.
Because one is free to say they want on the server. I guess it dosent HAVE to be there, but who really cares :T If the server were to go down for any reason, it can be changed.
Loctav
No one wants to beg to get access.

I still have no idea what chest plugin you are using. And there is no harm in listing all plugins if you whitelist anyways. Yet, this is not an open server, this is not a proper osu!Craft, if you stick to whitelists. You implemented factions and other plugins that require a larger online playerbase than there are online right now to work properly. Yet you stick with whitelists and user cap. You should rather consider reestablishing the osu!authentication instead of a manual whitelist.

But you rather go for implementing pointless gems...
xRayne

Loctav wrote:

No one wants to beg to get access.
So filling out an application is begging? Thats new to me.

'Open' servers in your sense also have a lot of hackers and cheaters. The chest plugin, is LWC

It's also not rocket science to give a bit of info and a username. :/
Loctav
Its too much for 98% of all people to post in here. Trust me. And I heard that it takes up to 7 days to add someone. Even adding me needed 3 days.

And who tells you that people you whitelist do not cheat and hack? If you readd the osu!authentication and poke the correct people for it, you can circumvent the whitelists
xRayne

Loctav wrote:

Its too much for 98% of all people to post in here. Trust me. And I heard that it takes up to 7 days to add someone. Even adding me needed 3 days.
You "Heard"? The 7 days to whitelist is nonsense, This forum is checked at least every day. It may have taken that long because we also have real life things to do.
Loctav
Well, it's not a blame. I am just pointing out obvious flaws of a whitelist you use in a seemingly "open" server, which is not open.
xRayne

Loctav wrote:

Well, it's not a blame. I am just pointing out obvious flaws of a whitelist you use in a seemingly "open" server, which is not open.
I've said what it means when I said the server is 'open' Perhaps a better title can be 'whitelist' or something along those lines.
Flanster
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Loctav. I can understand using whitelisting methods to prevent cheaters and unwanted users but in the process its ruining the server's potential. Usually there are no more than 3 players on. The most ive seen are 6-7 but including me and all admins. This alone proves that accessing via whitelist is horrible. Right now if you ask me, this is just a private playground. I like playing here but with the lack of players, alot of things can't be done and it ends up like some multiplayer singleplayer. I fear that I won't have anything to do on it anymore by the time a decent/stable playerbase is reached, if ever. I'm already logging less frequently ;_; This method is ok for a safe and hacker-free server, but not for an actively played one.

tl;dr less players, less fun, the server is cool but its too unpopulated and it may stay this way if its not openly public.

==

As for the gems, they can be useful for more powerful/rare weapons (wmm showed me some they were OP). As for more common ones, nope, make em stop spamming my inventory. I would prefer a diamond sword over a socketed iron one though if you catch my drift.
xRayne
At least 70 people are whitelisted, excluding mods. I don't see how the whitelist/PM is holding anyone back, but their own decision to play.
Loctav
That's a quite poor conclusion. If the server would be actually open open, we would have way more "pass-by" players where a handful would stick to this server and play more actively.
DaddyCoolVipper
yo loctav, chill the hell out

It's true that you could claim it's "invite only" instead of "open" but it really doesn't matter considering that everyone will get an invite if they just make a post in the thread. Stop taking such minor semantics so seriously.

also if you really, really want an actual open server then you could've just said so nicely instead of raging at 'em
Topic Starter
whymeman
*sigh*

I'm working on the OP to stop this nonsense drama. But honestly, I wish it wasn't dramatic to begin with. Next time there's a "problem" Loctav, tell me on a PM. Don't take it out on the topic itself.
Granger

Loctav wrote:

Not all plugins are listed, not all commands are listed
Listing all this is quite uneccesary and stretches the OP into oblivion, nobody wants a list of all commands which would easily hundred+ commands. Same goes for plugins, normal users do not need to know what protection (as example) plugins are used. Frankly the only plugins you as player really need to know about would be stuff like MysticDrops, CreativeGates, Factions and stuff like that that affects the gameplay by adding new mechanisms. If you'd still like to see ALL commands theres always /help (lists all commands available for your rank) and /? (lists ALL commands by plugin, regardless of your rank, which conviently supplies you with a plugin list as byproduct) at your disposal.

And yes, its not a open server, but for osu players, thus the posting here to get whitelisted is just to verify that you're from osu!, other than that everyone is allowed.

Lastly, no, that the server is so small is not solely because its whitelisted, mostly the demographics (How many osu! players also play (own*) Minecraft and want smp?) and the fact that the server is not advertised anywhere. As it is right now, unwhitelisting wont change much, no advertising, no pass-by visitors.

*You could get around that by using mineshaftler, offlinemode, but that opens the floodgates for hackers; undoubtedly it would get more players on, but many of these are people you dont want on your server. (or simply are multi accounts, something you DO NOT WANT when using factions as that fucks shit up, what point is the power system when a player can just add as many multis as he wants to his fac to boost the power level?)
Omio9999

Loctav wrote:

That's a quite poor conclusion. If the server would be actually open open, we would have way more "pass-by" players where a handful would stick to this server and play more actively.
...Your conclusion's equally poor for foundation.

Go look for !faq minecraft or #minecraft on the osu! chat - they don't exist anymore.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On more relevant things, found out why I haven't been able to connect well, and also discovered that MythicMobs doesn't allow me to repair. >:
Granger

Omio9999 wrote:

MythicMobs doesn't allow me to repair. >:
Repairing costs exp now, much like the normal anvil does and it increases expotentially too. Im not entirely sure how it works, first repair operation costed like 1 level, sixth costed like 21 levels (while normal anvil asked for 19 levels).

I think it would be better if the cost stayed constant, basing on the material and enchantents the item you want to repair. Expotentially increasing cost is lame :(.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I took note of the repair issue some time ago and have been checking through the plugin to see why its "collapsing" on itself on such features. I've considered some options worse case if the plugin flaws makes it too hard to deal with without more things breaking.
Omio9999
[quote author="Launcher Log"][12:05:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Mi Wc Fa Omio9999> wew
[12:06:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] MeMarko left the game.
[12:07:17] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to [*obfuscated*], 25565
[12:07:39] [Server Connector #2/ERROR]: Couldn't connect to server[/quote]
So the server just... ...up-and-died.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Hmm.... its running now but i'll do a reboot just in case.
Loctav
The teamspeak, hosted on same server or DNS was dead for a while, too, so I think it comes from this end.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Teamspeak what....

What are you even talking about....? You could have contacted Corin about it than to post it here.
Loctav
I am just saying that the teamspeak3, which is also hosted on the same "IP" than this minecraft server, was also down for several minutes, so it was not only the minecraft server affected. No need to get directly angry -_-
Omio9999

Let's take a moment to appreciate all of the wat
show more