osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
abalabahaha
-
Topic Starter
whymeman
From whats been found out, there was a power surge at the router unit so it tripped up a lot of network connections. It's been worked on atm.
Corin
Oh I forgot about this, I'll put you on the bandaid, give me a bit.
Corin
All fixed.
Omio9999
I am now TOTALLY going to try to hit 1 million G.

Edit: My player data seems to keep resetting. It's not an issue because I know it's going to crop up, but...
query3

Corin wrote:

All fixed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. :) :) :) :) :) :)
xRayne

Omio9999 wrote:

I am now TOTALLY going to try to hit 1 million G.

Edit: My player data seems to keep resetting. It's not an issue because I know it's going to crop up, but...
It might have had something to do with the server being offline and/or having to be backed up.
Omio9999
Taking a break from Minecraft (and a few other things), so probably see you all in ~1 week.
BroAidan
This is most definitely a cool Minecraft map :D
query3
bump! cause we're cool. :P
Stefan
Wanted to ask if there is still a spot free to join on the server. I am not really sure because of this line:
Once the list hits 15, i'll refuse further requests till testing ends.

If not, is there any chances more people can join somewhen?

Edit: since experience is required I leave it here already:
I've played Minecraft actively from the Alpha until 1.8 Beta, after then I mostly only played Minecraft in the creative mode. I can't say the accurate number hours I've spent in Minecraft but pretty sure it's at least 150 hours. AND I played on the first osu!craft server.
xRayne

Stefan wrote:

Wanted to ask if there is still a spot free to join on the server. I am not really sure because of this line:
Once the list hits 15, i'll refuse further requests till testing ends.

If not, is there any chances more people can join somewhen?
There's no cap, specifically. Join to play, or help test for issues, or both.
Granger
Pardon my inactivity but i found playing on there not too attractive lately, because i rarely see anyone online (thanks timezones!) If im on its usually just me and sometimes Rayne. Optimal online player count for me personally is around 5-15 people... whats that count for you guys? (Just to stirr some discussion)
Why?

Its for me 5-15 because thats fairly active but at the same time still easy to get a overview of the happenings on the server.

Also, lets talk, new Mojang EULA. Even though that wont affect us since we neither have a donation system nor any sort of playerperks, whats your oponion?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for not posting for a while. Been a bit TOO busy that exhaustion keeps me offline (otherwise i'll pass out on the keyboard). I've been looking into some things for the future update so I can get it ready more nicely. I noticed the activity isn't as high either but i'm guessing due to 1.8 very near. Also, another interesting preview from Sethbling on the upcoming update.

As for the EULA, to me is like any other copyright agreement. As long as the servers aren't actually trying to profit from the "foundation" (i.e. Minecraft and its original source content) for themselves, I think they can get around the EULA. But, the main servers at risk is the Pay-2-Play kinds since they are mostly known to give young players a hard time without the "donation items" to win. But I feel its their fault for letting it get out of hand to that level anyways even though they can still also work around the EULA to some extent guessing if they provide a proof of the "income" and its "use".
DraciuZ
AWESOME 8-)
Marco
THis looks like fun, i would also like to join the server if i can

IGN:Marcongo
exp: i played since alpha, but mostly offline of at a friends house, since i didn't have a premium account at first. Last year i played minecraft about 8 months nearly everyday, so i can say i was pretty active.
Topic Starter
whymeman
From the looks of the most recent snapshot I tried out, 1.8 is really close for release. One of the biggest changes to take note on is the world generation option. Its like using the Terrain Control plugin with less insanity and more control. For example, lava lakes in overworld with insane landscape.....

Testing and seeing the results of this insane experiment, I can see an interesting future for the server once the plugins and packages are released to handle the new version. Of course, i'll make sure to take note on the most efficient settings that keeps the fun in and lag out as much as possible.
Granger
I like those new banners, but chances are that i wont use them in survival due them being so ressource intense... some patterns even require a wither skull or a god apple...
xRayne
The custom mapping sounds interesting! :3

A volcano scene with lava oceans would be so much fun e_e
Granger
Ok, was?

What is this building and why does it attack me with thunder while im miles underground of it?
I was mining and i suddenly get attacked out of nowhere, so i staircase mined upwards to investigate and breached trough the quarz floor, finding this.

Is this some sort of dungeon and can i raid those iron blocks? Ill fix the floor if it isnt.
query3

Granger wrote:

Ok, was?

What is this building and why does it attack me with thunder while im miles underground of it?
I was mining and i suddenly get attacked out of nowhere, so i staircase mined upwards to investigate and breached trough the quarz floor, finding this.

Is this some sort of dungeon and can i raid those iron blocks? Ill fix the floor if it isnt.
that's the arena. OP mobs are tested in there (one might still be in there?), which might explain the lightning/thunder out of nowhere... p 3p
(i can't do anything about that right now...) sorry :o
Granger
Hmm.. Suppose i coult either take a look at said mobs or just retreat the fuck away. xD In any case, ill fix the floor... How op are those mobs? The thunder alone isnt impressive, does just a tiny bit more dmg than the natural regen heals. Its rather annoying tho, bing unavoidable...
query3
well, there're two that can cast lightning. the Statically Charged Sheep, and the Dark Magician.
the sheep is just simply annoying, but the dark magician can wipe your HP on the wall within 5 seconds. it summons skeles, smites you, and sprays wither skulls in your general direction.
i think you ran near the Dark Magician based on what you said :3

Zombie Goku and Skeleton King are other mobs...
Zombie Goku explodes you upwards with TnT effects, and normally it's the drop that kills you. he's really OP v:
the Skeleton King summons a crap ton of skeles, which are defeatable, but it's hard to move with 20+ skeles shooting you...

there's others, but that's all i can recall off the top of my head :P

EDIT: i forgot to mention that both Zombie Goku and the Dark Magician drain your health (and can kill you) in god mode AND creative mode.
MaDBug
Hi
I would like to join this server my name is arovi97 i know how to play minecraft i only playd vanilla minecraft i dont have much experience with mods etc.

MFG MaDBug
defused bomb
Hi, I would love to join the server as well please! I have played a few survival mods for MC including FTB unleashed, ultimate, and ultra modded survival both single and multiplayer. I have also had many of my own vanilla survival worlds both on PC and PS3.

IGN: defusedbomb
Stefan

What.. in heaven is that?
xRayne

Stefan wrote:

What.. in heaven is that?
The amazing dungeon that now looks like Jps house O-o

Edit: I also came online to a bunch of random junk in my inventory and 42 lvls :'D
Stefan

xRayne wrote:

[Edit: I also came online to a bunch of random junk in my inventory and 42 lvls :'D
lolwhat
Stjpa
Woud like to join. :)

IGN: 4PiiX
EXP: I started playing Minecraft in a Version about 1.0, and played everyday until about 1.4 every day (I don't know the exact versions, but I swear I played a lot. :p ). Stopped playing because friends stopped playing and there were no good servers.
Darkravens23
Hi there,

my MC name is darkravens23 and I've played the game since the Beta and play it only if I've found someone who feel like playing with me that game. Stefan told me of the osu!- server, so pls add me in your white list :D
Denko
a
T-Lost
bruh
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for the long absence. I'd like to bring this up before taking action since its fair but i've been considering getting the world map(s) replaced for a fresh start. 1.8 isn't going to happen any time soon since bukkit/spigot needs a lot of time to have a stable build. The new world map will have a much more simple, not laggy and clean spawn. Also, i'll add in some dungeons to explore with some nice loot in each level. I won't reset the map unless the majority if you don't mind it. Also, i'll work to sort out the plugins and a bit of config cleanup.
Granger
I dont mind, i just hope i can find another flying island again.
query3
whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
Topic Starter
whymeman

query3 wrote:

whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
I do plan to convert over to factions as well. Though.... why multiverse?
Sausage
Would love to join!

IGN: onlyusmesausage
EXP: Been playing minecraft on and off since early Alpha. Experienced with many mods server/client side (eg: FTB, Tekkit, ect) :)
query3

whymeman wrote:

query3 wrote:

whee! new map.

factions and multiverse?
please? ;-;
I do plan to convert over to factions as well. Though.... why multiverse?
different worlds, etc... you've seen how powerful it can be. and fun xD
Topic Starter
whymeman
I don't think the server would be happy if I did that. But, we'll see...

For the time being, i'm working to prep a few extra things here and there for this week.
Granger
Im kinda iffy about factions, never liked it because you cant prosper alone (Towny also limints that but less harshly) and it promotes killing/raiding so much.

Really, factions is no fun alone, you get a measly chunk to build on and everything is lost when you die even once.
show more