forum

osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Joewe27
My in-game name, just like in osu!, is Joewe27. I've been playing Minecraft for years, since early beta. I love Minecraft, and I love osu! I've been moderator and a popular public server. I'd love to join a an osu! server, I always respect rules and other players. I'm a relatively dedicated player— on the aformentioned server I have 277 hours of time logged in, proof here. All I'm asking for is to be added to whitelist. Thanks!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Good thing I did a chunk inspection....

Found out some chunks improperly loaded or reverted back to normal state in areas that was prebuilt far from spawn. I'll have to put a little bit of downtime to fix it. Also did some tweaks to NoCheat to avoid the annoying flying flag for running too fast.
Granger
Oh, damnit that timing.

Just thought about closing the browser and joining the server. :c
Corin

whymeman wrote:

Good thing I did a chunk inspection....

Found out some chunks improperly loaded or reverted back to normal state in areas that was prebuilt far from spawn. I'll have to put a little bit of downtime to fix it. Also did some tweaks to NoCheat to avoid the annoying flying flag for running too fast.
Delete the old NCP configs and load the latest version of it.

Running and jumping changed somewhere between 1.7.4 and 1.7.9 had this issue the other day, just updating it fixes all issues.
yellster
Can't wait to see :D :D

ign: yellster10
experience: Sometimes solo. Mostly multiplayer, owned and played for about 4 years
Topic Starter
whymeman
Had to deal with some corrupted chunk issues. Only found one patch of chunks within a single area which is a good thing. But, it was soo bad that I got caught in the "corrupted chunk of doom" and couldn't reload the world without crashing.

But, with plan B, I deleted the edited corrupted chunks with MCEdit, then reload the world to load the natural generation which fixed the problem. There shouldn't be any issues at this point, but if there is, let me know.
Klaus
[deleted]
ThunderForce09
Hello, my IGN is Takb95630 (same as osu!), I have been playing minecraft for a long time and i just want to get whitelisted to play on the server. I can't say i have had any experience with being an admin because i normally play on private servers with my friend(s). I can say that i know a lot about the game and i am trustworthy, just ask my friend (Joewe27). I just hope i can get whitelisted and that i can help with the server in any way possible. Thank you for your time...!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Should see a message shortly in your inbox.
query3
i just thought some of you might be interested in how spawn looks with cinematic graphics. ;)
** edited because of unfinished shop :V **
kanashimu
IGN: Sugitchi

I'd don't have very much playing experience. but i want to try something new. i haven't played much of minecraft seeing as i don't know how to have fun in it. But i'd like to join your server and learn along the way.
xXLobsel-VithXx
Can I join? My MC name is Rei_Busujima this looks really nice :lol: I love to build on mc and things normally im a farmer and food seller on mc :o
xXLobsel-VithXx

kanashimu wrote:

I'd don't have very much playing experience. but i want to try something new. i haven't played much of minecraft seeing as i don't know how to have fun in it. But i'd like to join your server and learn along the way.
pokie poke poke~ remmi~
xRayne

xXLobsel-VithXx wrote:

kanashimu wrote:

pokie poke poke~ remmi~

You should see a PM in your inbox shortly. Please don't double post in this thread.
Omio9999
Get rid of ClearLag.

Until it's gone, I am NOT returning, because this is the second time where I've died, and ClearLag was all like "haha idc that you have Gigadrill and over 7 emeralds and 21 iron ore YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU NOOB!"

All because of menus while I was TRYING to get a pickaxe ready to kill a spider, and hit the wrong key because I was trying to move quickly.

EDIT: Typo fix.
Joewe27

Omio9999 wrote:

Get rid of ClearLag.

Until it's gone, I am NOT returning, because this is the second time where I've died, and ClearLag was all like "haha idc that you have Gigadrill and over 7 emeralds and 21 iron ore YOU LOSE EVERYTHING YOU NOOB!"

All because of menus while I was TRYING to get a pickaxe ready to kill a spider, and hit the wrong key because I was trying t. T move quickly.

I've got a solution: don't die. But in all seriousness, ClearLag has been annoying me too. In a recent death, I managed to get my items back in time. But the frequency at which it clears seems quite unnecessary. Usually it clears about 5 entities, nothing crazy. There aren't that many players on at one time on the server, it seems to be 0-5 from what I've seen. Does this plugin clear in all chunks, including unloaded chunks? If so, I think the solution could be this: only allow the plugin to work when nobody is online, and only clear it once. I mean, if it's lagging really bad when people are online, then an admin could manually use a command to clear the lag. If there's no admin, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ some issues you have to wait out. Or you could have a very long clear time. I'm talking an hour long. Events where tons of entities are released are rare. I feel sorry for the guy who dies 1 minute before the clear. Recently, one of my friends also died in a cave and lost everything. By the way, I am by no means an expert on plugins and such, I may totally have the wrong idea with ClearLag. Feel free to correct me.
Granger
Having died several times too, but i never had a issue with clear lag deleting my items. ClearLag does not delete items in unloaded chunks, keep this in mind when you die the next time (same goes for natural item despawning). If theres a clear soon then dont go near your items.
Also interresting to know is that the clear lag timer is actually longer than the natural item despawn timer on this server unless wmm changed this again. (I was there when he confrigured the plugin, we discussed which times should be used.)
However i agree on removing it, i dont see much of a point in it when the timer is longer than the natural item despawn. Additionally it annoys me when i have to wait a bit every couple minutes when mining because ClearLag would delete the items directy after i mined them if i dont pay attention for once.

Plugin wise id like to suggest to add HawkEye and allow regular players to check for the blocks broken/placed and item transactions for chests and the like. (delete entries older than 4 days)
In my oponion this is interresting in combination with our rule to allow griefing - the griefer will have to face consequencies, without the staff itself punishing the griefing act. I think this brings a strategical aspect to griefing/stealing because you'll have to be sneaky when you want to get away unnoticed.
In addidtion this gives town mayors (and citizens) a way to identify if the new player who joined the town is malicous or not, thus they can take actions such as banishing said player from town easier.
Lastly, it promotes more activity because when you're not online for say... two weeks and you got raided/griefed during this time you'll have no way identify the griefer/thief anymore. Thus you're better off with logging in daily so you're always able to inspect griefs.

What are your thoughts on this?
query3
**disclaimer in case i said something stupid: wmm, correct me if i'm wrong on any of this. :? **

Joewe27 wrote:

Omio9999 wrote:

Get rid of ClearLag.

All because of menus while I was TRYING to get a pickaxe ready to kill a spider, and hit the wrong key because I was trying t. T move quickly.

I've got a solution: don't die. But in all seriousness, ClearLag has been annoying me too. In a recent death, I managed to get my items back in time. But the frequency at which it clears seems quite unnecessary. Usually it clears about 5 entities, nothing crazy. There aren't that many players on at one time on the server, it seems to be 0-5 from what I've seen. Does this plugin clear in all chunks, including unloaded chunks? If so, I think the solution could be this: only allow the plugin to work when nobody is online, and only clear it once. I mean, if it's lagging really bad when people are online, then an admin could manually use a command to clear the lag. If there's no admin, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ some issues you have to wait out. Or you could have a very long clear time. I'm talking an hour long. Events where tons of entities are released are rare. I feel sorry for the guy who dies 1 minute before the clear. Recently, one of my friends also died in a cave and lost everything. By the way, I am by no means an expert on plugins and such, I may totally have the wrong idea with ClearLag. Feel free to correct me.
hmm. brainstorming time, anyone?
if i recall correctly, clearlagg is configurable in regards to what it clears/ignores. i'll check that out, and re-edit this post when i get time to look (or wmm can look and post in relation to that :P ).

Granger wrote:

Having died several times too, but i never had a issue with clear lag deleting my items. ClearLag does not delete items in unloaded chunks, keep this in mind when you die the next time (same goes for natural item despawning). If theres a clear soon then dont go near your items.
Also interresting to know is that the clear lag timer is actually longer than the natural item despawn timer on this server unless wmm changed this again. (I was there when he confrigured the plugin, we discussed which times should be used.)
However i agree on removing it, i dont see much of a point in it when the timer is longer than the natural item despawn. Additionally it annoys me when i have to wait a bit every couple minutes when mining because ClearLag would delete the items directy after i mined them if i dont pay attention for once.

Plugin wise id like to suggest to add HawkEye and allow regular players to check for the blocks broken/placed and item transactions for chests and the like. (delete entries older than 4 days)
In my oponion this is interresting in combination with our rule to allow griefing - the griefer will have to face consequencies, without the staff itself punishing the griefing act. I think this brings a strategical aspect to griefing/stealing because you'll have to be sneaky when you want to get away unnoticed.
In addidtion this gives town mayors (and citizens) a way to identify if the new player who joined the town is malicous or not, thus they can take actions such as banishing said player from town easier.
Lastly, it promotes more activity because when you're not online for say... two weeks and you got raided/griefed during this time you'll have no way identify the griefer/thief anymore. Thus you're better off with logging in daily so you're always able to inspect griefs.

What are your thoughts on this?
looking at hawkeye, it's definitely an interesting concept. however, because its last update was with CB 1.2.3 in 2012, it's definitely not usable unless we fix it ourselves. :o :o :o :o :o :o
there is a possibility that i might mod it to get it in an acceptable 1.7.9/1.7.4 state, but i can really be lazy sometimes. :roll: :P
anyways, i think i can speak on behalf of wmm by saying that we're always on the hunt for good plugins (especially ones that may do the job better than the ones we currently have), so if you have more suggestions, feel free to post them.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I took the time to adjust the lagg configs so you won't have to get gray hairs running for you stuff anymore. Taken into what is said, the auto-clear doesn't seem to be needed since its not like someone setting off 1000 TNT blocks to clear junk to the point it does cause lag (creeperheal wouldn't allow it that easily of course). Taken note on the amount of objects cleared on averages like 2 - 3 - 1 - 5 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 2, that's pretty much only chicken eggs being cleared most of the time. The least I would do is a auto-clear set to a 24 hour cycle if "junk" starts to flood the server again.

As for the hawkeye idea, certain plugs seem nice to have, but the problem is how updated the products are. Very old plugins might crash and clash with other things inside the server. Especially if the block ids are not update for it to handle and such. I won't shove things your faces that don't seem fun to deal with or starts to have more negative feedback than positive in general. I've been trying to work on a few things here and there but my net has been really bad lately so I couldn't do anything for some time. I'm also thinking of the idea of the Heroes Plugin with modifications/addons for Quests. After that, i'll just work with what is in the server and nothing more for the time being.

On a irrelevant minecraft related note, be wary of using Optifine after 1.7.4. I was using 1.7.9 optifine for a while but noticed I had more lag compared to 1.7.4 with a 500% RAM load increase (based on 200 MB averages without it compared to 1000 ~ 1200 MB load).
Granger
24 cycle does not make sense for me because the items despawn after 5 minutes anyways... unless you can clear unloaded chunks too, but as far i know do unloaded items not use any memory...

Well, it should be fine to use untill 1.8 is relased and with that the ID changes. I know of a server using it with 1.7.9, however i dont know if they modified it.
I dont know about the Heroes plugin, it strikes me as unneccesary. If you want to give players abilities that strong id say that you need to balance that with strong mobs so its not just a PvP thing... i know we have such mobs (MysticMobs) but i have yet to meet one... perhaps up their spawn rate?
Then again, i wasnt specifically seeking one, how and where do they spawn?
Myko
go add me already :D I was on other map
IG name : DaMykonian
What I did : well nothing special
What I usually do : hanging around and have fun °^°
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry its been a while since my last post. Internet finally died before I had the chance to type anything. Anyways, just a quickie update with jobs. I did a bit of tweaking to the income rates and exp gains to balance things out better. Income should now be more steady growing per level without a rapid hike upwards.

Also doing another project to keep you from being bored, an arena is being crafted North of spawn town. Its not finished yet, but you can now use it for 1 vs 1 fights (and you don't lose items). If you wish to battle others at anytime, use command /arena join osuBowl to do so. Future plans for the arena are: lobby, BossShop, "Locker Rooms", open access to Arena spectators from outside the combat zone, and maybe more.

Yellowpalmtree
IGN: Yellowpalmtree
Experience: Addicted since beta 1.3
Apollouberx
IGN: apollouberx

Experience: Player since Alpha 1.2.6 (Left minecraft late 2012 but this server interested me)
Op/Mod/Builder in 4 different faction-pvp servers (Sounds really sketchy i know. up to you to believe me)
Ever since Beta 1.1.2 could raise a faction to be in the top 20 strongest in the server given the right conditions (Pointless but i like this)
Exceptional at leveling up McMMO & Jobs (Also pointless)
I have experience of building things in minecraft via Op/Mod/Builder status
No experience with downloading plugins sadly
A total noob at Economy plugin
I had no idea what MythicMobs was till now
Numerous experience with other plugin's (Auction, SignShop, Disguisecraft, Nickname, Towny etc)
xRayne

Apollouberx wrote:

IGN: apollouberx Op/Mod/Builder in 4 different faction-pvp servers (Sounds really sketchy i know. up to you to believe me)
xD I believe you~
I've had mod experience on a few different server's myself. :3
abalabahaha
-
Granger
Lol at those people applying as if they'd apply for staff.
You're applying too get whitelisted. Not for staff.
kirueggy
Just a thought but has anyone ever tried doing this on PS3/XBOX 360? (preferably PS3 lol)

Sure it might be lacking the jobs and would have to have someone leave their console on forever, but it's worth a try...
xRayne

Granger wrote:

Lol at those people applying as if they'd apply for staff.
You're applying to get whitelisted. Not for staff.
Lol..
Part of being able to be whitelisted is stating your playing experience. If they have previous mod/admin experience, then we want them on the server even more :D They will be nice to have in the community.
abalabahaha
-
Granger
Ah, okay. My bad then.

I just find it rather pointless to state on how many servers you're been admin on, what atually matters is your ability to judge situations in a nonbiased manner and fairly.
Too often there "kiddie" servers who OP anyone they like or build good, where you get a staff posistion practically shoven up your ass, so this information is at best poinless even if the person didnt lie about it.
If anything, your experience with plugins matters, and that not just at using them, but rather confriguring them efficently. Ie. knowing the plugin in and out. That is staff i'd as serverowener would look for. Granted, im not the owner here, not even staff but only a normal player...
Omio9999
Pings to the server seem to be going unanswered, and thus am unable to connect. Here's hoping the host is alright. =L

EDIT: Tested with 1.7.5 and 1.7.9, no viable results. If a ping and tracert are both needed, I'll certainly supply those.
abalabahaha
-
query3
not sure when it'll be back online again, but it's been offline for over 12 hours already... >_>
Topic Starter
whymeman
We'll have to wait and see what Corin says about the issue since he can physically handle it. If worse comes to worse, we'll use Plan C

Random Edit: Also, Java 8 is out so its a good time to upgrade over from 7 if you can.
query3

whymeman wrote:

Random Edit: Also, Java 8 is out so its a good time to upgrade over from 7 if you can.
*cough cough* filehorse.com has Java 8. i'm not sure about the other download sites...
java.com most certainly doesn't offer it; it's not a "recommended" update yet.

just a FYI to those who care :)
Topic Starter
whymeman

query3 wrote:

whymeman wrote:

*cough cough* filehorse.com has Java 8. i'm not sure about the other download sites...
java.com most certainly doesn't offer it; it's not a "recommended" update yet.

just a FYI to those who care :)
Actually, I managed to get mine from java.com :V

Though, I accidentally downloaded the JDK trying to find it...
abalabahaha
-
Topic Starter
whymeman
From whats been found out, there was a power surge at the router unit so it tripped up a lot of network connections. It's been worked on atm.
Corin
Oh I forgot about this, I'll put you on the bandaid, give me a bit.
show more