forum

osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loctav

Granger wrote:

Loctav wrote:

You should really look into the block lags. It also affects doors (you can not close and open properly because it resets to initial position). It's one of the most annoying bugs currently and should have highest priority :D
Thats not a bug, its your connection to the server, EU to US isnt the most optimal setup. :L
I talked with wmm and it's a plugin causing that :P
Granger

Loctav wrote:

Hm, can you give me some more details then?
xRayne

Granger wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Hm, can you give me some more details then?
There aren't any more details to give lol. Chests get frozen to stone sometimes, and you have to punch the chest to fix it, and it IS rather annoying with the door issues x_x
[ Scarlet Red ]
And when I've thought I've seen it all...an osu MC server...
Granger

xRayne wrote:

There aren't any more details to give lol. Chests get frozen to stone sometimes, and you have to punch the chest to fix it, and it IS rather annoying with the door issues x_x
The chest frozen to stone is a thing of oreobfuscator, to fight x-ray. Yeah, thats annoying but has nothing to do with the door... :V
query3
Spawn shops are currently being reworked to add support for vault-based purchases.
If there are any questions, I'll be in-game on both the server and osu!.

**edit- FULLY FUNCTIONAL.**
Shops are fully functional with credit purchasing. Enjoy yourselves.
o 3o
xRayne

Granger wrote:

xRayne wrote:

The chest frozen to stone is a thing of oreobfuscator, to fight x-ray. Yeah, thats annoying but has nothing to do with the door... :V
I know what the oreobfgfgd thing does. You should have told Loctav that it doesnt affect the doors. But he'll read this eventually so :P
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'll look into lag and performance issues when I get back home. Also will look into updating minecraft itself with the plugins. Also make sure its not caused by net lag.

Currently updating the server to 1.7.9 so there will be a few rough waves to deal with till I can stabilize things so expect a bit of downtime.

WIP

whitelist: DONE
plugin updates: WIP
StickyPicky
Premium only?
Topic Starter
whymeman

newtoniorock8 wrote:

Premium only?
Might be able to connect with a non-premium but i'll have to recheck on that. Been really busy trying to put things together
Loctav
I would not support non-premium (simply because of legal issues)
Granger
I do not support cracking the server mainly because secturity issues. And the login plugins needed for such servers are annoying

Also, yay... 1.7.9... gotta see how to make Optifine work with forge again... why must this bee so complicated. Avoided this since ages. *Is still on 1.7.2*
Topic Starter
whymeman
Thinking about it now, yeah. The server should be premium only especially after what happened back in 1.5+ in osucraft with server hijacking noobs. As mean as it sounds, I don't want multiloggers appearing and destroying the servers.
kirueggy
You could just always add a block lock and have everyone be able to join/look at the server but only have premium users/people who posted in this thread be able to actually do stuff...
Topic Starter
whymeman
Even so, its still a risk that is not worth taking. I've been to other servers and i've seen people try to hack really hard in them.
Granger
The amount of hacking people is roughly the same, id guess. But the problem with cracked is that you cant ban them effectively. Name banned? Relog with a new one. IP-ban? Restart router. ggnore

kirukashi wrote:

You could just always add a block lock and have everyone be able to join/look at the server but only have premium users/people who posted in this thread be able to actually do stuff...
And what accomplishes that? Premium users will have to deal with them annoying login systems, crack players cant play if they're legit and malicous crack users can still spam, hack and attempt to overload the server with fake logins.
kirueggy
Ehh, just a thought, didn't know this MC server is "that" popular among people that asshats actually waste their time trying to mess with the things
query3

Granger wrote:

I do not support cracking the server mainly because secturity issues. And the login plugins needed for such servers are annoying

Also, yay... 1.7.9... gotta see how to make Optifine work with forge again... why must this bee so complicated. Avoided this since ages. *Is still on 1.7.2*
**SUPER IMPORTANT STUFF**
^^^ nobody has to upgrade to 1.7.9 to use the server.
you can use whatever client version you want within 1.7. (1.7.2, 1.7.4, and 1.7.9)
so... stop worrying, granger! :P
**END OF SUPER IMPORTANT STUFF**

other note of unimportance:

Granger wrote:

The amount of hacking people is roughly the same, id guess. But the problem with cracked is that you cant ban them effectively. Name banned? Relog with a new one. IP-ban? Restart router. ggnore

kirukashi wrote:

And what accomplishes that? Premium users will have to deal with them annoying login systems, crack players cant play if they're legit and malicous crack users can still spam, hack and attempt to overload the server with fake logins.
^^^ mineshafter squared might be a good way to go, if whymeman or corin feel like looking into it.
Loctav
Allowing illegal copies is discouraged in this forums and you should not support pirated versions to this server. And if you do, please do no spread this server here and call it "osu!craft"
Topic Starter
whymeman

Loctav wrote:

Allowing illegal copies is discouraged in this forums and you should not support pirated versions to this server. And if you do, please do no spread this server here and call it "osu!craft"
Before speaking any further Loctav, i'll have to remind you that the previous osu!craft server (run by Eph) at the time had Mineshafter support and was linked to osu accounts. As much as I want other people to be able to join the server, I won't be able to sleep if I choose something that imposes a threat to the server (and others) allowing Mineshafter again. I've also seen the damage caused by allowing unofficially registered accounts to barge in and destroy the server cause they feel like its *fun* to do.

Not trying to bash at you, but please try to avoid being too hostile on your posts. There are things I won't do when i'm not sure and there are things I won't do when I know its a problem.
Yellowpalmtree
Sorry if this is redundant but is the server up? and how do I get in?
Loctav
What happened before doesn't precisely matter. I don't want this game to be connected with piracy encouraging subgroups, this is against the ToS.
Giving pirated software the opportunity to be used like unpirated software is per se illegal, at least in Europe. I am not hostile. I just want to make clear, that allowing mineshafter is bringing you in legal issues, and you might bring osu! too, in that case. Do whatever you want, but this is a sincere warning apart of all idealism. It is illegal. For real

But if you saw the damage causing it and won't allow it anyways, we don't need to discuss that any further anyways
xRayne

Yellowpalmtree wrote:

Sorry if this is redundant but is the server up? and how do I get in?
Yes, the server is up. If you'd like to join, apply with some playing experience with minecraft and your IGN, i will send you a PM soon~
query3
**edit: xRayne posted a couple instants before i did. xD

Loctav wrote:

What happened before doesn't precisely matter. I don't want this game to be connected with piracy encouraging subgroups, this is against the ToS.
Giving pirated software the opportunity to be used like unpirated software is per se illegal, at least in Europe. I am not hostile. I just want to make clear, that allowing mineshafter is bringing you in legal issues, and you might bring osu! too, in that case. Do whatever you want, but this is a sincere warning apart of all idealism. It is illegal. For real

But if you saw the damage causing it and won't allow it anyways, we don't need to discuss that any further anyways
Loctav, you're absolutely right.
this is now the end of the piracy conversation. :D :o
Granger
Well, in Minecrafts case im not sure about the legal status regarding cracks. Mojang themselfes build in crack support into the server software and i think they dont pursue cracks either...
In any case, we dont need to discuss this, its alredy decided that the server wont allow crack.

Edit: Spelling, stupid phone.
Omio9999

Loctav wrote:

AFAIK, that ToS breach on whoever tries to host files for Mineshafter. We can link to Mineshafter all we want, but we can't make copies to then distribute.

But nah, not much point to allow Mineshafter. We'd only be cropping out a small minority that we can do without, IMO.
[Agito]
query3

Agito Psyren wrote:

Are we still able to apply for open beta? Looks really fun, anyway my IGN : THE_MAN_3000
gameplay exp. please? :lol:
Kedge_old
IGN: Zenkatsu

Minecraft Experience: Hundreds of hours of solo time. Thousands on the server http://www.desiredcraft.net/.

[Agito]
Granger
Is the NoCheat issue with the Mystic Drops sets fixed by now?
If not we probable need to wait for NC to update and check for the items having a speed/knockback ressistance modifier and disable the checks for noknockback and speedhacks... (or raise the tolerance to something high...)
Ryukaii
IGN: Earth90123.
EXP: Played since alpha. Been a fan ever since.
Joewe27
My in-game name, just like in osu!, is Joewe27. I've been playing Minecraft for years, since early beta. I love Minecraft, and I love osu! I've been moderator and a popular public server. I'd love to join a an osu! server, I always respect rules and other players. I'm a relatively dedicated player— on the aformentioned server I have 277 hours of time logged in, proof here. All I'm asking for is to be added to whitelist. Thanks!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Good thing I did a chunk inspection....

Found out some chunks improperly loaded or reverted back to normal state in areas that was prebuilt far from spawn. I'll have to put a little bit of downtime to fix it. Also did some tweaks to NoCheat to avoid the annoying flying flag for running too fast.
Granger
Oh, damnit that timing.

Just thought about closing the browser and joining the server. :c
Corin

whymeman wrote:

Good thing I did a chunk inspection....

Found out some chunks improperly loaded or reverted back to normal state in areas that was prebuilt far from spawn. I'll have to put a little bit of downtime to fix it. Also did some tweaks to NoCheat to avoid the annoying flying flag for running too fast.
Delete the old NCP configs and load the latest version of it.

Running and jumping changed somewhere between 1.7.4 and 1.7.9 had this issue the other day, just updating it fixes all issues.
yellster
Can't wait to see :D :D

ign: yellster10
experience: Sometimes solo. Mostly multiplayer, owned and played for about 4 years
Topic Starter
whymeman
Had to deal with some corrupted chunk issues. Only found one patch of chunks within a single area which is a good thing. But, it was soo bad that I got caught in the "corrupted chunk of doom" and couldn't reload the world without crashing.

But, with plan B, I deleted the edited corrupted chunks with MCEdit, then reload the world to load the natural generation which fixed the problem. There shouldn't be any issues at this point, but if there is, let me know.
Klaus
[deleted]
ThunderForce09
Hello, my IGN is Takb95630 (same as osu!), I have been playing minecraft for a long time and i just want to get whitelisted to play on the server. I can't say i have had any experience with being an admin because i normally play on private servers with my friend(s). I can say that i know a lot about the game and i am trustworthy, just ask my friend (Joewe27). I just hope i can get whitelisted and that i can help with the server in any way possible. Thank you for your time...!
show more