forum

osu!Craft III ~*1.7.9*~ [OUTDATED! READ FINAL POST!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
whymeman
What did you kill for those drops? o_O

It should be working normally still since I tried it with other mobs I spawned. I know silverfish has a BS way of dropping stuff because they are lower than a low rider to the point items spawn in the ground instead of over. I don't mind replacing them though if there's a drop glitch.
Granger
I killed silverfishes.
Like i said, i teared up the floor and it wasnt there either so i suppose it was a glitch. Weird thing is that the other MysticDrops items seem to drop just fine, i got plenty of junk items like wooden pickaxes from the farming.
Topic Starter
whymeman
@ Granger: Left the items in a chest. You'll know which one when you see it.

Alright, i'm working at the final stages of generating the map so those who wish to save their homes must send me a Forum PM of the coordinates for the locations to save. I plan to start Alpha Testing in 10 days for plugin tweaking and loading with not too much delay.

+100000 chunks have been preloaded with +140 dungeons implanted. I can still squeeze in a bit more before starting the process as I really would like to avoid making the same mistake like before with stacking implementations of dungeons going on and offline.
kaetwo

whymeman wrote:

Alright, i'm working at the final stages of generating the map so those who wish to save their homes must send me a Forum PM of the coordinates for the locations to save. I plan to start Alpha Testing in 10 days for plugin tweaking and loading with not too much delay.

+100000 chunks have been preloaded with +140 dungeons implanted. I can still squeeze in a bit more before starting the process as I really would like to avoid making the same mistake like before with stacking implementations of dungeons going on and offline.
Blibanio31 and I won't need our stuff saved, but out of curiosity, does the in-game currency, and balances get saved too, or will they be reset?
Topic Starter
whymeman
Most likely reset. But i'll set the starting balance a bit higher on the new run (1000 vs. 100). Testing will be done to also check on mob spawning. It shouldn't be an issue, but we'll make sure it doesn't happen from the start.

I'm also expanding spawn a bit as well to allow more shops/ideas to be added. It will still have the same layout though.
Granger
Wmm, i finally looted the 4 dungeons on the floating islands + some of the structures herem but i came across 2 locked chests, one at the end of the cave dungeon and one in a villager house. That said, the running shoes and the wind gem are awesome and bring me easily to some kind of speed cap - it seems like you cant get faster than like... +100% speed aka speed 5.

What did you do to this one ruin dungeon though? God that was hell, lava pit traps everywhere (god bless fire ressistance pots), silverfish blocks everywhere, zombies tracking me trough half the dungeon, mobs everywhere, BLAZES, LAVA SLIMES, CHARGED CREEPERS, ZOMBIES WITH STRENGHT AAAAAAAAA.
Paranoira mode activate: Torch EVERYTHING @_@

Re Silverfishes: Thanks for the items, did you fix something related to this? I've gotten a few more adamantite swords and stuff from them in the last few days and it seems to drop just fine now...
Topic Starter
whymeman
lol, lucky pick I guess. Didn't expect it to be "Hardcore" hard in there. Also, the drop rate seems pretty high if you're getting them that easily now. Would be odd if it has something to do with the mob spawning.....

I also plan to add and customize more drops before the restart.
Granger
Easily is relative, i have killed 500+ silverfishes according to the stats now and got 3 bronze swords, 2 torque bows, 1 silver sword (+2 from dungeon loot but they dont count for this), 2 black iron swords and 4 adamantite swords.

This makes for pretty small drop rates:
0.002% for Silver Swords
0.004% for Torque Bows and Black Iron Swords
0.006% for Bronze Swords
0.008% for Adamantite Swords.

Adamantite swords seem to drop too common relative to its inferior swords (Adamantite Sword > Black Iron Sword > Bronze Sword) though.
What are the actual droprates?

Feel free to take a look at my chests with other mystic drops stuff too, its right of my storage house, to get a idea of the drop rates of that stuff. Havent thrown anything of these away (as far i remember) but they're from since i started playing on this map, not since i started farming silverfishes.

Speaking of other stuff, i feel like gems drop too rarely, expecially better gems. I have gotten only 2 level 2 gems since i started playing this map and a chestfull of other level 1 gems... compared to the 4 doublechests of junk common tier drops its really meagre.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I'll have to recheck the drop chance table to see whats going on.... :o

Also, I plan to start closed testing by Wednesday so if anything needs to be saved needs to be placed in the chests then send me a PM of the coordinates. If not, i'll just assume you wanted a fresh start unless told otherwise.

Edit: Closed testing has started. Server will be down a few days (est. till 23 ~ 27).
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for the lack of news recently. Had a injury that kept me in bed for a week and put me on a major delay.... :(

Anyways, the server will be complete soon more like towards near the end of the month. Plugins are being tested and modified, updated and fixed. So far, the current features I can directly confirm are:

* Over 120 "Hard Style" Dungeons among the 150+ total.

* Previous spawn is kept, but expanded for more shops and future features

* "Premium" Items getting a retune. I'll work on fixing the HP addons to direct amounts over the percentage method. Also looking into modifying base values such as the damage rates to a few.

* Working on making Giants spawn naturally. It will take some time, but will show interesting results.

* Great thanks to Corin for providing a RAM upgrade. This will help greatly reduce the workload pile and stress on the server.

Here's a few screenshots on what to possibility expect on opening day...

kaetwo
can't wait for the naturally spawning giants ohmy
Topic Starter
whymeman
So far, they're spawning at a good rate ate nights..... maybe too good (but its under testing anyways).

Due to the nature of this new world, i'll most likely set their natural spawning on the Plains biome. I've also set a pretty harsh offensive skill for those silly enough to attack them upfront. It wouldn't be fun to attack them easily anyways.
Granger
Inb4 they're easily cheesed because their size. :D

Thus far every single server (minus MineZ, which isnt survival) had their Giants easily cheesed by just placing a few blocks like you'd cheese a enderman. Id say giants need a skill that break blocks, but iirc mystic mobs cant do that. Theres also the issue how this works with the protection plugins, worst case someone could grief spawn/other players by luring a giant to there...

Hmm, actually, maybe it would be easier to have the giant have a Teleport player to me skill (dont use pull, you can easily avoid that with a few blocks too).
Topic Starter
whymeman
Well, they can't really fight too up close to them atm anyways. But i'll figure out something
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry for the delay of opening, but looks like plans got setback a day or two. MythicMobs suddenly decided to crapout at the last minute with unwanted floods of errors and bugs just after working perfectly. I'll continue to look into it a bit later as sleep is needed and a bit pissed off as it is being delayed by something this retarded.
kaetwo

whymeman wrote:

Sorry for the delay of opening, but looks like plans got setback a day or two. MythicMobs suddenly decided to crapout at the last minute with unwanted floods of errors and bugs just after working perfectly. I'll continue to look into it a bit later as sleep is needed and a bit pissed off as it is being delayed by something this retarded.
Take your time :)
Topic Starter
whymeman

I guess that sums up to how I feel from the error wreckage...

Anyways, I managed to pull the broken scripts together and repair it. Didn't take as long as I thought so with a few more fixes, we'll be good to go. I'll also make a new topic for the world version.

Edit: Sorry its taking long to reopen, but some things came up that made me do some large changes in a rush.

1.) There was some complaints about the current world in the server being extremely large and "dry" with little biome diversity. I'm remaking a new world as you read this to correct the issue. I'll also increase the dungeon count to 200 or more but at least 200.

2.) Spawn will still be the same, but will be looking into setting it a bit lower near the surface.

3.) Plugins have been adjusted as well and the settings will be carried over with minor differences.

4.) There's only 3 of us trying to get this server running. And of course, real life stuff may come into play which can delay things. But we are trying to get things running again.
Granger
Is the server still not open? I had hoped to play before the first or atleast play starting on the first... meh.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Sorry its taking soo long. I'm trying to speed up the work going 4 nights straight on it. I finally got the overworld generated so i'm moving to the next step of adding the physical features.

285 Dungeons were added in a 10000 x 10000 cordinate average radius (might add a bit more though). Then placing the new spawn comes next. After that, I have to edit the nether as well before I can move on to the next step online. After uploading the files, there comes the pile config fixes to be done. I am pushing to at least get the server running by this weekend to get you guys going again. Sorry once again its taking a while.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Alright, after enough tears and sleepless nights, the welcome doors are open. Though, this topic is outdated as the world version is IV. Please click on the link to the new topic.

t/303366