forum

Aesthetic HD Skin [osu! | mania] - Version 1.3.1

posted
Total Posts
show more
Piine
I swear to god this skin is just wayyyy to epic.
Nausicc
i really like it!
i just changed slider follow circle (i don't like to have one)

waiting for taiko and ctb :)

thanks for make it :P
Squishy Squishy
Say im curious too know how you got the little pictures on the song selection tab? thats really cool,
Topic Starter
Redon

Shinn0 wrote:

Say im curious too know how you got the little pictures on the song selection tab? thats really cool,
That's another feature that was added to osu! very recently. As far as I know, the picture previews only show up in skins that use skin behaviour version 2.2 or above, so that's why it may seem new to you. Try checking the song selection on the default skin, it should have the little pictures as well.
Genjitsu
ummmm, the mania-hit300g text is 'flawess', is it a mistake or intended?

anyway, nice skin. currently using it.
Topic Starter
Redon

pondokers wrote:

ummmm, the mania-hit300g text is 'flawess', is it a mistake or intended?
I hadn't even noticed. That's definitely not intentional. It probably went unnoticed because it's only the case on an element that isn't even supported (yet?). I'll fix it in a minute, thanks for pointing it out!
Haskorion
it shows the first frame of the mania-hit on ranking panel on all judgements. so it's not that important to fix. It seems mania prioritizes the first animation frame over the static non-animated ones.
Topic Starter
Redon

ReddScorn wrote:

it shows the first frame of the mania-hit on ranking panel on all judgements. so it's not that important to fix. It seems mania prioritizes the first animation frame over the static non-animated ones.
Exactly, but it shouldn't, which is why I created this thread. I added ranking panel versions anyway with the hope that this will be fixed one day.
OsuMe65
I bet that is intended for some reason. No idea why
Blood Heyzar
Довольно удобна ^_^
draco20
really love this skin :) but i think the combobreak.wav almost can't heared... ver 1.3
sorry my english is bad...
Topic Starter
Redon

OsuMe65 wrote:

I doubt it, since it's not consistent with the way it works in Taiko and Standard. It makes no sense for it to be this way, the mania ranking panel doesn't support animations either.

draco20 wrote:

really love this skin :) but i think the combobreak.wav almost can't heared...
Glad to hear you like it! The combobreak sound has always been like this, though since it's a very deep sound I can see why it might be hard to hear depending on what you use as audio output. I will see if I find a way to make it suitable for everyone, or include an alternative combobreak sound. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, here's another small update, which includes a new Pause/Fail screen, along with some fixes and other minor adjustments.

I also added a black version of the score font set. What for? If you're into playing with minimal distractions, you can use it to "turn off" score and combo information during gameplay, while it'll still be (more or less) visible on the ranking panel.

How to
Find the skin.ini in the Aesthetic folder, and change the following line

ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/score

to

ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/black/score

Download Link: Aesthetic.osk (v1.3.1, 10. June 2014)
(Zip archive: Aesthetic_1_3_1.zip)

Changelog
Update 1
  1. New Pause/Fail screen
  2. Fixed typo on osu!mania hitbursts and removed three unnecessary note files
  3. Cursor-smoke redone to fix the nasty edges in SD, and reduced in size
  4. Added osu! and osu!mania mode icons
  5. Moved default and score fonts to a separate folder, and added a black score font set
  6. Small adjustments to default and score fonts, scorebar, small ranking letters, reverse arrow and key overlay

RIP selection options
Luccyous

Redon wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

I doubt it, since it's not consistent with the way it works in Taiko and Standard. It makes no sense for it to be this way, the mania ranking panel doesn't support animations either.

draco20 wrote:

really love this skin :) but i think the combobreak.wav almost can't heared...
Glad to hear you like it! The combobreak sound has always been like this, though since it's a very deep sound I can see why it might be hard to hear depending on what you use as audio output. I will see if I find a way to make it suitable for everyone, or include an alternative combobreak sound. Thanks for the feedback.

Also, here's another small update, which includes a new Pause/Fail screen, along with some fixes and other minor adjustments.

I also added a black version of the score font set. What for? If you're into playing with minimal distractions, you can use it to "turn off" score and combo information during gameplay, while it'll still be (more or less) visible on the ranking panel.

How to
Find the skin.ini in the Aesthetic folder, and change the following line

ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/score

to

ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/black/score

Download Link: Aesthetic.osk (v1.3.1, 10. June 2014)
(Zip archive: Aesthetic_1_3_1.zip)

Changelog
Update 1
  1. New Pause/Fail screen
  2. Fixed typo on osu!mania hitbursts and removed three unnecessary note files
  3. Cursor-smoke redone to fix the nasty edges in SD, and reduced in size
  4. Added osu! and osu!mania mode icons
  5. Moved default and score fonts to a separate folder, and added a black score font set
  6. Small adjustments to default and score fonts, scorebar, small ranking letters, reverse arrow and key overlay

RIP selection options
I like this new pause screen. :)
draco20

Redon wrote:

The combobreak sound has always been like this, though since it's a very deep sound I can see why it might be hard to hear depending on what you use as audio output.
one thing i forgot. i don't use any headset so maybe it's my problem :)
VRTheChamp
This skin looks so clean and awesome, I downloaded it and play a few maps with it and it feels really cool :D
I really look forward to more skins from you!
Abhay-
LOVE IT !! >_<
L O S T 30-3
Cool skin! 8-) Really like the hit sounds. If you don't mind would you please tell me how to remove the progress bar/chart, ranking and blackout the score,thank you.
The Monk
great skin, hitsounds are great, no problems with the skin, hope to see further updates ;D
roleykatsu
Hmmn, I think the blank sound file for ready.wav was saved incorrectly, because whenever I play a map that has the countdown enabled, it plays the default "Are you Ready" sound file instead. Upon inspection of another skin (Luminance), it seems like the correct name for the file should be readys.wav

Also, is it just me or are the score-1 images slightly more grey/transparent than any of the other score-number images?
Image example:
Under some background conditions, the contrast between "1" and any other score number isn't that big, but on other backgrounds, there is some difference. Though maybe my eyes are tired and/or I am hallucinating. That, or I'm picky.
Toshi-Kun
I have a random suggestion, but I think it should consider under the "Extras".

the spinner-rpm on clockwise.
Metal
Hey, I'm noticing a kind of bothersome square border around the smoke (skywriting).

Vorgh
Best skin ever :)
Rise_old_1
Those hitsounds are lewd, the skin is generally amazing.

I especially like the ring hit circle's!
KanekiKen_old
Awesome :o :o
Gil
Can't live without this skin!! Been using it for weeks and recommend it to all of my friends :)
It's just what I was looking for, since I get VERY distracted by flashes and animations and can easily miss circles! :o
- Omikorin -
OMG! probably the best skin i ever use *^*
i love the flat-ish yet modern theme, and the lifebar is so çool!
in your next update, an you make a CTB skin pleaaasee? (">3<)
KrolEjegow
I don't have a spinnercircle.png.
And i have a default spinner.
PLz help ;w;
frostlimit
nice skin, thank
- Omikorin -
trying to make CtB skin that match your skin XD
maybe u can use it as a reference ._.)

Fruits
i've made a simple circle with semi - transparent stroke here, and add a hole for the fruit drop

Bananas
just a plain circle

unfortunately i have no idea for the fruit catcher tho ( "TT^TT)

oh, and sorry for my bad grammar ; w ;
GenoClysm
I have a broken spinner, it just shows a bad looking default spinner.
Any ideas? the files in the skin are perfectly intact.
321jurgen
Thank you for this awesome skin!
Catninja
Oh! Awesome skin, I want a Taiko version~! I'll waiting~~! :)
Foneza
TOP OF THE LINE SKIN

Never once I could not play without this skin. It's a must. Thanks.
icejelleh
Yay for cursor.
sinkip
so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good so good
MORE PLEASE
Showi
nice skin (:
suanriz
I love this skin. Excellent work.
JuZockt
I love this skin, only playing with it, and the mania layout is nice too :3
edwardyoyo
i like it! it's kinda elegant and "classy" skin :)
PurpFlurp
Are there any other download links?
I can't download it from dropbox :cry: :cry: :cry: .
show more