forum

Aesthetic HD Skin [osu! | mania] - Version 1.3.1

posted
Total Posts
show more
Saturnalize
I can't download it for no reason. Any mirror link?

I can feel that it's tasty
Topic Starter
Redon

Saturnalize wrote:

I can't download it for no reason. Any mirror link?

I can feel that it's tasty
The links seem to work for me - can you try this one instead?

http://puu.sh/7svt9.osk
Neynt
This skin is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for making it, Redon!
Leeham
Awesome skin Redon, have been looking for a skin like this for a while!
Nostalgia
It's extremely detailed and everything is customly made. I truly love it.
You're good at what you do and I give you props for it. Thank you for sharing this skin.
Vexy
Foneza
I've been searching for this type of skin. Now I'm loving it~ Keep up the good work~ 8-)
Hineya
Love the skin! Great job ;)

Have you thought about adding menu snow? Just curious.
EineKrone
Fantastic job sir, I'm using this from now on :)
Fragmented
Seriously, when I fail the beatmap this voice will come out "YOU SUCK!" :cry: You should really change that :!:
XinCrin
I'm waiting for taiko skin .
Centribo
Love it, thanks for making this!
AstralPhnx
Love this skin to pieces! Really clean and simple but still looks awesome!
Karuta-_old_1
This is perhaps one of the most cohesive skins I've come across, I can't find anything out of place about it. Thank you for this.
Nathanael

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Love this skin to pieces! Really clean and simple but still looks awesome!
Same response. At skin creator, do you have any plans skinning the other modes?
BoredPotato
I love the skin you made, one of the best skins I've seen so far. :)
Also about the newest update, the files you posted doesn't seem to work on mine. Could you recheck the files again? (I've tried both the .osk and .zip twice. Still won't work.) Though this problem may just be happening on mine for some reason. I'll try again though.
Topic Starter
Redon
Another little update on existing stuff. I first uploaded these changes a few days ago, but I've had to fix some transparency mistakes on the new score numbers since.

One of my goals is to make sure this skin blends in well with the hard coded visual elements, so this update is mainly meant to adapt to the new osu! font. And then there's some visual tweaks on top of that.

All elements that contain some text have had their font changed, namely the mod icons, the selection menu and back button, the pause/fail menus, the ranking panel and the skip button.

Along with that, there's some new ranking icons. I've never liked the old icons too much, so it's a welcome change to me - I hope you think the same.

I've tweaked the hitcircles to make them look a little less bright and saturated, both with the default and map specific combo colors. Plus, it turns out I liked Joe Joe-kun's suggestion more than I initially thought - I adjusted the existing hues a little, added a blue color and tried to give the hitcircles a bit of a pastel look. Thanks!

Oh, and I updated the video, too.

As always, let me know if you have any ideas and suggestions!

Download Link: Aesthetic.osk (v1.2.1, 27. March 2014)
(Zip archive: Aesthetic_1_2.zip)

File size: 14.8 MB

If you've downloaded the skin already and want to update, make sure you delete the old version first.

Changelog
Version 1.2
  1. New small ranking icons
  2. Adjusted shading of default and ring hitcircles from being too bright and flat to a pastel look.
  3. New color palette
  4. New font choices to fit the recent osu! redesign: Updated mod icons, hitbursts, score and default numbers and more.
  5. Changed "Spun Out" mod icon
  6. Adjusted pause and fail screen
  7. Added menu snow
Version 1.1
  1. New and improved hitsounds for normal and soft set
  2. Added alternative big cursor, slight change to default cursor
  3. Improved followpoints - quicker fade
  4. Added missing spinner-rpm.png
  5. Added purple to default combo color palette

BoredPotato wrote:

Also about the newest update, the files you posted doesn't seem to work on mine. Could you recheck the files again? (I've tried both the .osk and .zip twice. Still won't work.) Though this problem may just be happening on mine for some reason. I'll try again though.
What are you having trouble with specifically? Are the download links not working for you, or is there a problem with installing them?

XinCrin wrote:

I'm waiting for taiko skin .

Nathanael wrote:

At skin creator, do you have any plans skinning the other modes?
Soon™. I'm working on it. Sometimes. No really, it's coming along very slowly.

I'm unsure at the moment if I want to make a Taiko skin that's loosely based on the authentic skin, or something completely new, because I like the former quite a lot. If you have any wishes, let me know.

CharmCaster wrote:

Seriously, when I fail the beatmap this voice will come out "YOU SUCK!" :cry: You should really change that :!:
Stop failing. :) Look, I even have an alternative for you.

Hineya wrote:

Love the skin! Great job ;)

Have you thought about adding menu snow? Just curious.
I'd completely forgotten that element even exists, I had the snow turned off for some reason. I'm using the hp ki for now, if I come up with something better, I'll replace it later. Thanks for reminding me!
BoredPotato

Redon wrote:

BoredPotato wrote:

What are you having trouble with specifically? Are the download links not working for you, or is there a problem with installing them?
When I try to unzip the .zip file, it has an error that says 'unexpected end of archive.' When I try the .osk file, it says that it can't import your skin. I'll try downloading it again just to make sure though.
AstralPhnx
To be honest when I heard that "You suck!" thing for the first time I completely forgot about failing the map and just fell over laughing! Just hilarious!
Vladimay
nice
BoredPotato

BoredPotato wrote:

When I try to unzip the .zip file, it has an error that says 'unexpected end of archive.' When I try the .osk file, it says that it can't import your skin. I'll try downloading it again just to make sure though.
^^Nevermind that. I was able to fix it. :)
Frazee_old
This skin is AMAZING. I combined it with the colors from Uruoki's Luminance and it looks and feels amazing while being easy on the eyes. Thanks so much for this.
shavit
Waiting for osu!mania, Taiko doesn't even need to be skinned, default Taiko is okay.
GitahMuttan

BoredPotato wrote:

(too late for an answer, but oh well) Simple, you're experiencing internet connection problems. You're from the PH and I assume your ISP is "PLDT". They're having problems at the moment.

The problem was solved for me by using a Download Manager.
Kyousuke
Love it!
Mathsma
I absolutely love everything about this skin. The hit-sounds are perfect, the cursor is easily track-able, the notes are great for reading, and best of all the skin looks professional. This is, in my opinion, the best skin to come out of the skinning sub-forum.
KsmxRaika
Perfect skin!

Just the kind of skin I need. Not too much going on, but colorful enough so that I can follow it and keep interest.
Rinku
Literally the best skin hands down.
koreapenguin
<3 nice skin >w<
Adnit
This skin is awesome :)
what font was used to score ?
Noctali
Love that skin ! Thanks for your work !
Joe Joe-
Been busy trying to increase rank, and I come back to see the skin updated and OMG :)

I'm honored & thankful that you took my suggestion about the baby blue color to the hitcirlces, it's cool seeing an idea come to life.

Love this skin, and please continue this great work of yours!!
Azer
Sick hitsounds, seriously.
Milo
SOOOOO GREAT

I REALLY LIKE IT!
valar
Aesthetic is an exceptionally nice skin :) .
Hvarl
Simple, clean and cool, GJ
Azer
Going to post here again because these hitsounds are godmode, I don't know what kind of sacred power they've been infused with but I've never been this accurate ever before.

Karuta-_old_1

Azer wrote:

Going to post here again because these hitsounds are godmode, I don't know what kind of sacred power they've been infused with but I've never been this accurate ever before.

you are the reason why I read this post again XD. I am changing my hitsounds

Edit: Apparently, the hitsounds didn't go well with my skin
EcksDee
This skin is probably the single best skin ever made anywhere.
GankerPlanker_old
awesome, thx for share this :D
show more