Choclodous
Damn it's so nice.
Magnolia
finally people are realizing playability is better then cute and kawaii shit
Sunlyx
Outstanding.
Uruoki

Redon wrote:

Can you elaborate on how exactly it feels distracting or unfitting? Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
If you are playing and you pause in the middle of the song, you may have 4 things overlap.

Hitcircles, the "PAUSE" in the background, the "| |" also in the background and the "Continue", "Retry" and "Back to Menu" options.

To me, four things overlapping is too busy for me.

Hope that clear things up.

Also, if you did make the transparent hitcircles, make sure you made the reverse arrow to match it.

Keep up the good job.
P i k u

HandHeldPillow wrote:

finally people are realizing playability is better then cute and kawaii shit
totally agree! This is the best skin I've ever seen!
Goooood job~
Quest
Hi there. Thanks for such a wonderful skin. I was searching for one for ages and so I came upon this.
I feel as if osu just got so much easier. Thanks! c:
Joe Joe-
A very nicely done simple and clean skin. Wonderful job.

Also, this just my opinion,the sounds don't quite have the sort of power to it hit sound, if you get what I mean.

&how about adding a baby blue color? To kinda add to the pastel coloring.
Drazzible
Nice skin ! Approaching perfection :°
Uruoki
Just to let you know, the OSK file packs a folder inside a folder. So you have to drag the folder out and replace it. http://a.pomf.se/fixwxu.png
Topic Starter
Redon
Thank you for the compliments and feedback! Here's another little update. It includes reworked hitsounds, which I hope are more audible and provide better feedback while playing.

There is a new large cursor alternative, as requested by Piku201. I tried to make it feel a bit like the default cursor, I hope it worked out. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

As a third thing, I added an animated followpoint based on Uruoki's concept in Luminance. It's essentially the same line followpoint, but animated to fade out quickly, which gives it a nice visual effect of moving from circle to circle, and reduces the amount of lines that clutter the playfield. Personally, I found that followpoint amazing from the first moment - it helped me with jumps, and I now find the lines a lot less distracting than they were before.

I hope that everything works fine, if you find any issues or have some suggestions, let me know.

Download Link: Aesthetic.osk (v1.1, 10. March 2014)
(Zip archive: Aesthetic_1.1.zip)

File size: 16.93 MB

If you've downloaded the skin already and want to update, make sure you delete the old version first.

Changelog
Version 1.1
  1. New and improved hitsounds for normal and soft set
  2. Added alternative big cursor, slight change to default cursor
  3. Improved followpoints - quicker fade
  4. Added missing spinner-rpm.png
  5. Added purple to default combo color palette

Uruoki wrote:

If you are playing and you pause in the middle of the song, you may have 4 things overlap.
Hitcircles, the "PAUSE" in the background, the "| |" also in the background and the "Continue", "Retry" and "Back to Menu" options.
To me, four things overlapping is too busy for me.
Hope that clear things up.

Also, if you did make the transparent hitcircles, make sure you made the reverse arrow to match it.

Keep up the good job.
I suppose I can see where you're coming from, though I don't consider it as much of a problem as long as the menu options stand out. I'm afraid I can't come up with a satisfying alternative at the moment so I'll keep the current screens until that changes. I did think of the reverse arrow, thank you for the tip. :)

Uruoki wrote:

Just to let you know, the OSK file packs a folder inside a folder. So you have to drag the folder out and replace it. http://a.pomf.se/fixwxu.png
Ah, that's inconvenient... I wonder where exactly the problem lies. At first, I thought it might be because I renamed .osk file, though I when I did the same thing again it worked fine. I got the impression that osu starts acting up like that when you leave an unopened .osk or .zip file in the Skin folder? Anyway, this time I uploaded the update the same way as the original upload. It's probably a good idea to remove the old skin beforehand. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Joe Joe-kun wrote:

A very nicely done simple and clean skin. Wonderful job.

Also, this just my opinion,the sounds don't quite have the sort of power to it hit sound, if you get what I mean.

&how about adding a baby blue color? To kinda add to the pastel coloring.
Thanks! I do hope I get what you mean. The main hitsounds were intentionally chosen to be 'clicky' with the idea of providing precise audible feedback. I agree though that they didn't do that as well as they could, so I changed up the hitsounds a little bit for this update - Although they're still roughly the same, there should be more of a punch to the hitnormals in the normal and soft sound set. If everything went well, they should also be a bit louder. Let me know whether it was an improvement!

If what you meant was that they don't resemble a drum-like soundset like the osu default, I hope you understand why that's not the case. I suppose I could consider adding an alternative set of sound samples that's less clicky and resembles the original sounds more.

The color idea is interesting! However, I wasn't too happy with the result when I gave it a try ingame - perhaps it's because a baby blue color is a bigger step from the current range of colors, which are just 50° apart each? I honestly thought that going the other way in the color spectrum fit really well, so I decided to go with an additional hue of purple. I realized afterwards that I had kind of set that one up for me already with the color scheme of the song selection menu buttons!
I think I will experiment with different combo color palettes, and maybe provide some alternatives in a future update. Thanks for the feedback!
Piine
This is the most sexiest sleekish skin I have ever seen. Props to you @Redon
P.S. Any. rough draft on how CTB. going to be?
XinCrin
This skin is really awesome . I'm using it right now *-*
Don
Hey! I really love your skin, thanks for making it.

Is there a possibility that you can skin the keys (input-keybackground and input-keyoverlay iirc) if possible? They're missing and they're pretty handy when you're streaming or make videos.

Also, the "UNRANKED" text (I can't recall its exact name, is clipping with the scorebar-ki as in [img=osu.ppy.sh/ss/1405879]this image[/img]. My proposed fix is to make a small empty space above the image so the position is lower.

Anyways, I switched to your skin, from one I made myself. Thanks for making it, and I hope to see your newer work, and hopefully I've given useful feedback!
Joe Joe-

Redon wrote:

Thanks! I do hope I get what you mean. The main hitsounds were intentionally chosen to be 'clicky' with the idea of providing precise audible feedback. I agree though that they didn't do that as well as they could, so I changed up the hitsounds a little bit for this update - Although they're still roughly the same, there should be more of a punch to the hitnormals in the normal and soft sound set. If everything went well, they should also be a bit louder. Let me know whether it was an improvement!

If what you meant was that they don't resemble a drum-like soundset like the osu default, I hope you understand why that's not the case. I suppose I could consider adding an alternative set of sound samples that's less clicky and resembles the original sounds more.

The color idea is interesting! However, I wasn't too happy with the result when I gave it a try ingame - perhaps it's because a baby blue color is a bigger step from the current range of colors, which are just 50° apart each? I honestly thought that going the other way in the color spectrum fit really well, so I decided to go with an additional hue of purple. I realized afterwards that I had kind of set that one up for me already with the color scheme of the song selection menu buttons!
I think I will experiment with different combo color palettes, and maybe provide some alternatives in a future update. Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, I was talking about your hit sounds, not the default, sorry for not being clear, also I've tried out the 1.1v and Ahhh nice to see a improvement on the sounds.

Still feels a bit quiet, but that's probably just me, anywho nice job!

And now to the coloring, I completely understand, the differentiation between colors may not seem right to you, I appreciate the consideration, and hmmm alternatives with different palettes does seem like a neat idea, would like to see that brought to light. Again really clean and neat skin, keep up the awesome job!
Topic Starter
Redon

Don wrote:

Hey! I really love your skin, thanks for making it.

Is there a possibility that you can skin the keys (input-keybackground and input-keyoverlay iirc) if possible? They're missing and they're pretty handy when you're streaming or make videos.

Also, the "UNRANKED" text (I can't recall its exact name, is clipping with the scorebar-ki as in [img=osu.ppy.sh/ss/1405879]this image[/img]. My proposed fix is to make a small empty space above the image so the position is lower.

Anyways, I switched to your skin, from one I made myself. Thanks for making it, and I hope to see your newer work, and hopefully I've given useful feedback!
I had actually skinned these key overlays already, but it seems like I forgot to include them in the folder I uploaded... my bad. Thanks for pointing it out, I wouldn't have noticed! I snuck them into the download just now. :)

You're also right about the 'Unranked' image, I hadn't even paid attention to that. It could be a bit prettier. I could just shift it down like you suggested, but it would have to get pretty far into the playfield without overlapping with the scrolling text. I have some other ideas for it, I'll have to see if they're possible.

Sulker wrote:

This is the most sexiest sleekish skin I have ever seen. Props to you @Redon
P.S. Any. rough draft on how CTB. going to be?
To be completely honest, there isn't, and I have no clue. I'm about as inexperienced as it gets when it comes to Catch the Beat - I can operate arrowkeys, and I recently discovered what the Shift key does. And unlike Taiko and mania, I can't seem to really understand the appeal of the mode, either.

Even so, I'm interested in creating a CTB part for this skin, but it's very difficult to tell what makes a CTB skin good without any experience with the mode. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Joe Joe-kun wrote:

Yes, I was talking about your hit sounds, not the default, sorry for not being clear, also I've tried out the 1.1v and Ahhh nice to see a improvement on the sounds.

Still feels a bit quiet, but that's probably just me, anywho nice job!
Is it any particular sounds that should be louder or quieter compared to others, or just the sounds in general? If it's the latter, you could try lowering your music volume in the settings a little. :)

XinCrin wrote:

This skin is really awesome . I'm using it right now *-*
I'm glad to hear you like it!
Saturnalize
I can't download it for no reason. Any mirror link?

I can feel that it's tasty
Topic Starter
Redon

Saturnalize wrote:

I can't download it for no reason. Any mirror link?

I can feel that it's tasty
The links seem to work for me - can you try this one instead?

http://puu.sh/7svt9.osk
Neynt
This skin is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for making it, Redon!
Leeham
Awesome skin Redon, have been looking for a skin like this for a while!
Nostalgia
It's extremely detailed and everything is customly made. I truly love it.
You're good at what you do and I give you props for it. Thank you for sharing this skin.
Vexy
Foneza
I've been searching for this type of skin. Now I'm loving it~ Keep up the good work~ 8-)
Hineya
Love the skin! Great job ;)

Have you thought about adding menu snow? Just curious.
EineKrone
Fantastic job sir, I'm using this from now on :)
Fragmented
Seriously, when I fail the beatmap this voice will come out "YOU SUCK!" :cry: You should really change that :!:
XinCrin
I'm waiting for taiko skin .
Centribo
Love it, thanks for making this!
AstralPhnx
Love this skin to pieces! Really clean and simple but still looks awesome!
Karuta-_old_1
This is perhaps one of the most cohesive skins I've come across, I can't find anything out of place about it. Thank you for this.
Nathanael

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Love this skin to pieces! Really clean and simple but still looks awesome!
Same response. At skin creator, do you have any plans skinning the other modes?
BoredPotato
I love the skin you made, one of the best skins I've seen so far. :)
Also about the newest update, the files you posted doesn't seem to work on mine. Could you recheck the files again? (I've tried both the .osk and .zip twice. Still won't work.) Though this problem may just be happening on mine for some reason. I'll try again though.
Topic Starter
Redon
Another little update on existing stuff. I first uploaded these changes a few days ago, but I've had to fix some transparency mistakes on the new score numbers since.

One of my goals is to make sure this skin blends in well with the hard coded visual elements, so this update is mainly meant to adapt to the new osu! font. And then there's some visual tweaks on top of that.

All elements that contain some text have had their font changed, namely the mod icons, the selection menu and back button, the pause/fail menus, the ranking panel and the skip button.

Along with that, there's some new ranking icons. I've never liked the old icons too much, so it's a welcome change to me - I hope you think the same.

I've tweaked the hitcircles to make them look a little less bright and saturated, both with the default and map specific combo colors. Plus, it turns out I liked Joe Joe-kun's suggestion more than I initially thought - I adjusted the existing hues a little, added a blue color and tried to give the hitcircles a bit of a pastel look. Thanks!

Oh, and I updated the video, too.

As always, let me know if you have any ideas and suggestions!

Download Link: Aesthetic.osk (v1.2.1, 27. March 2014)
(Zip archive: Aesthetic_1_2.zip)

File size: 14.8 MB

If you've downloaded the skin already and want to update, make sure you delete the old version first.

Changelog
Version 1.2
  1. New small ranking icons
  2. Adjusted shading of default and ring hitcircles from being too bright and flat to a pastel look.
  3. New color palette
  4. New font choices to fit the recent osu! redesign: Updated mod icons, hitbursts, score and default numbers and more.
  5. Changed "Spun Out" mod icon
  6. Adjusted pause and fail screen
  7. Added menu snow
Version 1.1
  1. New and improved hitsounds for normal and soft set
  2. Added alternative big cursor, slight change to default cursor
  3. Improved followpoints - quicker fade
  4. Added missing spinner-rpm.png
  5. Added purple to default combo color palette

BoredPotato wrote:

Also about the newest update, the files you posted doesn't seem to work on mine. Could you recheck the files again? (I've tried both the .osk and .zip twice. Still won't work.) Though this problem may just be happening on mine for some reason. I'll try again though.
What are you having trouble with specifically? Are the download links not working for you, or is there a problem with installing them?

XinCrin wrote:

I'm waiting for taiko skin .

Nathanael wrote:

At skin creator, do you have any plans skinning the other modes?
Soon™. I'm working on it. Sometimes. No really, it's coming along very slowly.

I'm unsure at the moment if I want to make a Taiko skin that's loosely based on the authentic skin, or something completely new, because I like the former quite a lot. If you have any wishes, let me know.

CharmCaster wrote:

Seriously, when I fail the beatmap this voice will come out "YOU SUCK!" :cry: You should really change that :!:
Stop failing. :) Look, I even have an alternative for you.

Hineya wrote:

Love the skin! Great job ;)

Have you thought about adding menu snow? Just curious.
I'd completely forgotten that element even exists, I had the snow turned off for some reason. I'm using the hp ki for now, if I come up with something better, I'll replace it later. Thanks for reminding me!
BoredPotato

Redon wrote:

BoredPotato wrote:

What are you having trouble with specifically? Are the download links not working for you, or is there a problem with installing them?
When I try to unzip the .zip file, it has an error that says 'unexpected end of archive.' When I try the .osk file, it says that it can't import your skin. I'll try downloading it again just to make sure though.
AstralPhnx
To be honest when I heard that "You suck!" thing for the first time I completely forgot about failing the map and just fell over laughing! Just hilarious!
Vladimay
nice
BoredPotato

BoredPotato wrote:

When I try to unzip the .zip file, it has an error that says 'unexpected end of archive.' When I try the .osk file, it says that it can't import your skin. I'll try downloading it again just to make sure though.
^^Nevermind that. I was able to fix it. :)
Frazee_old
This skin is AMAZING. I combined it with the colors from Uruoki's Luminance and it looks and feels amazing while being easy on the eyes. Thanks so much for this.
shavit
Waiting for osu!mania, Taiko doesn't even need to be skinned, default Taiko is okay.
GitahMuttan

BoredPotato wrote:

(too late for an answer, but oh well) Simple, you're experiencing internet connection problems. You're from the PH and I assume your ISP is "PLDT". They're having problems at the moment.

The problem was solved for me by using a Download Manager.
show more