1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Video Games
show more
posted
if they really care about us, their customers, they should do something like this: bring your Wii to a specific store and you'll get a Wii U with a discount. if they do, i highly recommend you to backup all your wii data to transfer it. unless, as deadbeat stated, they are such greed pots
posted
lets look at it like this, did you really expect the online services for older products to be supported forever? sooner or later they were going to stop supporting it. if you really didn't expect this, then i'll be seriously amazed
posted

Trash Boat wrote:

if they really care about us, their customers, they should do something like this: bring your Wii to a specific store and you'll get a Wii U with a discount.
Second hand shops already do this, albeit typically at a price point that isn't any more worthwhile than just selling the console normally.
posted

deadbeat wrote:

lets look at it like this, did you really expect the online services for older products to be supported forever?
oh god no. its just that time passed too fast
posted
it has been 3 years since the 3DS was released. games aren't even being made for the DS anymore. the DS has had it's time, and now it's over

EDIT: oops. 3 years, not 4
posted
Well, if the age on your profile is anything to go by, the DS system first came out when you were 12 years old. I don't know about you, but 10 years is a pretty long time for an online service to be online for, specifically for one line of consoles.

Other consoles have had their online functionality removed for shorter lifespan.
posted

Azure_Kite wrote:

Other consoles have had their online functionality removed for shorter lifespan.
inb4 x-box 360 and/or PS3 lose online support by the end of the year

EDIT: wow, according to wikipedia, the actual consoles were discontinued at the end of 2007
posted
well, there's always internet. that won't let us down. unless we are forced to buy Quantum computers
posted

Azure_Kite wrote:

Well, if the age on your profile is anything to go by, the DS system first came out when you were 12 years old. I don't know about you, but 10 years is a pretty long time for an online service to be online for, specifically for one line of consoles.

Other consoles have had their online functionality removed for shorter lifespan.

mm201 wrote:

Pokémon Black & White 2 have barely been out more than a year (16 months), and many of the other games (notably the Mario Kart series) are still being sold.
If only we could somehow convince Nintendo to release their SSL key and direct their DNS to a fan server.
posted

mm201 wrote:

If only we could somehow convince Nintendo to release their SSL key and direct their DNS to a fan server.
i only have 10 bucks. just 999,999,999,990 remaining to make it possible
posted

mm201 wrote:

If only we could somehow convince Nintendo to release their SSL key and direct their DNS to a fan server.
Doesn't pretty much every game's interface with Nintendo WiFi Connection differ depending on developer whims? I am assuming that considering the GTS in the pokemon titles connects to WFC, and there are numerous DNS bypasses for that, that there are differences in online security between titles. If Nintendo were using a global SSL key to do that, then we wouldn't have the GTShax, right?
posted

Azure_Kite wrote:

mm201 wrote:

If only we could somehow convince Nintendo to release their SSL key and direct their DNS to a fan server.
Doesn't pretty much every game's interface with Nintendo WiFi Connection differ depending on developer whims? I am assuming that considering the GTS in the pokemon titles connects to WFC, and there are numerous DNS bypasses for that, that there are differences in online security between titles. If Nintendo were using a global SSL key to do that, then we wouldn't have the GTShax, right?
The authentication (friend codes and the like) is shared between games. GTS hax will also stop working when NWFC goes dark.
posted
Ah, Eye sea
posted
heres a countdown timer. correct it if its innaccurate

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... sz=1&swk=1
posted
What is the good side to any of this, are you stupid Nintendo
posted

kirukashi wrote:

What is the good side to any of this, are you stupid Nintendo
seriously...did you read ANYTHING in this thread :/
posted
So, should we say farewell to these consoles?
posted
This ain't funny anymore Nintendo.

Stop acting like EA you greedy dickheads
posted

Sonatora wrote:

This ain't funny anymore Nintendo.

Stop acting like EA you greedy dickheads
Well, to be fair, this a service for an obsoleted console that has been around for 10 years now.

To put it in perspective,the Xbox Live service for the original Xbox was discontinued in 2010, having been alive and (sort of) kicking for 8 years. It's not as though these sorts of things can and should continue forever, you know.
posted

Azure_Kite wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

This ain't funny anymore Nintendo.

Stop acting like EA you greedy dickheads
Well, to be fair, this a service for an obsoleted console that has been around for 10 years now.

To put it in perspective,the Xbox Live service for the original Xbox was discontinued in 2010, having been alive and (sort of) kicking for 8 years. It's not as though these sorts of things can and should continue forever, you know.
You have a point tho'

To be honest, Nintendo's kinda low on financial resources right now

I'm still cancelling my plans to buy games for Nintendo. This is pretty bad in my perspective
show more
Please sign in to reply.