forum

more search filters for songs list

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,600
Topic Starter
geckogates
i know this is related to t/123169 and t/135612 but we need more filters in the search box like difficulty, game mode, rank and more. how do i find 5 star osu maps that i have no rank on without getting loads of taiko maps? i could do this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1370009 with the sort and grouping boxes above the song list but there is so many taiko difficulties i have to scroll through. maybe make the typed search filter apply to the already grouped or sorted maps?

if ar=10,9,8,etc.... then my requests would be to add these to the song list filter/search:
diff=5,3,4.5
rank=SS,A,B,none
mode=osu(!),mania,ctb,taiko
played=1,0,yes,no (currently filters out all diffs if you played just one of a song, not filtering individual diffs like it should)
video=1,0,yes,no
spinners=0,1
sliders<80% (other options like greater than,less than, percentage would be good to add too)

and for goodness sake make the list of search commands easily accessible in the wiki or something so we can see what is available instead of guessing all possibilities
daniel3k
plus1
laport
+rep awesome idea will trade again
Sea_Food
Every now and then someone makes a thread that they want to be able to grouop/sort/search a specific song feature ingame (sidenote the group feature honestly is useless, and i see it only as a much worse version of the song search filter tool.) I admit I am one of those people. But now i have seen the light and i am enlightened to say that all of those feature request suck. What we should get is every possible thing, as opposed to just individual or small grouop of new filters. Search engines should be as strong as possible right? You wouldnt like it if google would only allow certain things to be searched or the use of certain keywords.

So anyway here is the hopefully complete list of demands of search filters that we need:
Date downloaded
Date ranked
Date uploaded
Rank achieved (as in SS or A)
Rank achieved (as in rank #500 or something)
Accuracy achieved
Score achieved
Song popularity (as in the avrage quality rating from 0-10)
Favorited by you (yes or no)
Number of favorites by all users
Times played by you
Total playcount by all usersusers
Number of objects
Number of sliders
Number of hit notes
Number of spinners
Max combo
Max score (with no mods)
Avrage frequency of objects
Sucsess rate
#1 rank by user X
Collections

These things the search engine finds if you just type keywords and we should keep it that way, but we should be allowed to single them out. Add these aswel:
Tag
Title
Artist
Source
Difficulty
Genre
Creator
For example if you want to find songs that have reimu in the tags you would type Tag=reimu and you would get songs that just have reimu in tags and not as creator.

For clarity here is the list of search filters we as of now have
AR
Star difficulty
HP
CS
Lenght
OD
BPM
keys (o!m)
drain (time)
mode
Ranked status
(last) played
unplayed
speed (o!m)

Some of these you can already do with the group feature but as i said earlier it sucks balls because of the inconvinience and would be done much better with just typing values to the search. The sort feature is good especially when combined with the search filter feature, and everything that could be a sort option should be a sort option. As in sort by date ranked is something that we need but sort by ranked status simply would not work.

Yes i know some of the things i requested might seem compleatly useless, but many of them would be very useful, and most of them would be handy. But anyway i am sure that all of them would be wanted by some people at some point of time so any of them should not be left out just because it dosnt seem important enough. I am no experted but afiak these are just numerical values that are included in every song individually already, so once you begin adding some adding all should not take much time.

Ps. All of these should be in the website song search engine and osu direct search engine aswell, opposed to none that we have atm. But that suggestion already has a thread. Just letting you know as its related information.
Blaizer
Just so you know, some of these are already in the game. The ones that are already in the game that you didn't list are: keys, speed, drain, played, unplayed, mode, status. You can find more information about these here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Interface#Search

Also one on my personal wishlist is Collection.
Sea_Food
EDIT: thanks for the corrections.
Penguinz
Number of objects [circles + spinners + sliders]
Number of spinners
Number of sliders
Number of circles

these crucial search filters still need to be implemented

i will use ranges as example

circle>=x circle<=y
slider>=x slider<=y
spinner>=x spinner<=y
object>=x object<=y
Penguinz
Is this stuff ever going to be accomplished?
GodLike3539
I support this!
avadram
I support this

e.g sliders=0 for no ln in mania
Lixer
this would be really usefull
Voidedosu
I'm normally very against necros, but this is one I would actually support seeing the light again. Especially because none of these have been implemented yet (that weren't already there in the first place).

This might need a separate request, but I'd also like for the mapset list to filter out maps that don't meet the criteria (though the dropdown menu from mousing over should show them all but with a highlight on the one(s) that do meet the criteria). For example, if my sear is star>=3 star<=3.02 with the unplayed filter on, any mapsets that have a map in that range would show only that/those singular diff(s) in the main search result, and on mouse-over you would see the full mapset list.

Would also be extremely helpful for wider search ranges sorted by difficulty so that if you're looking for something at the upper end of 1-3* (or, say, only want mapsets that have maps below 4*) you don't have to sort through every mapset with one of those AND any 4-10+* maps as well. Or through any mapset with 1-3* on the inverse when you just want some low 4 or 5* maps.
Hollow Delta
^ Same. Especially sorting by object count