forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Drag-scrolling rankings also scrolls beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
electrolytes

Thanks for adding drag-scrolling to the online users (F9) and the song select rankings! I don't have to worry about missing that tiny scroll bar when using a tablet now. But it looks like drag-scrolling the rankings drags the beatmaps as well, which I doubt is intentional.

Before scrolling:

After scrolling down just 7 records the marathon has already gone off the top of the screen:

While you're on the topic of drag scrolling, you might might want to look at this too. Adding drag scrolling to the multiplayer and chat would go a long way toward making the game more tablet compatible.

osu! version: 20140226.5 (latest)
TheVileOne
I was able to replicate with my 800 x 600 resolution. Whenever you have the cursor held down to drag the top 50 list and you hover over part of the beatmap list, you will drag both lists at the same time.
peppy
In the OP's screenshots it makes it look like he can replicate when still in the ranking list area, which I can't. I definitely can if i move my mouse across to the right-hand area of the screen, but I don't see this being a huge issue. Is it actually possible to replicate this while the mouse is still in the ranking area?
Topic Starter
electrolytes

peppy wrote:

Is it actually possible to replicate this while the mouse is still in the ranking area?
Have a video:
Kayla
Happens to me too in 800x600. Very prevalent.
Arras
There's other issues with this as well. On my 1366x768, if you start dragging slightly to the right of the rankings, both the rankings and the maps will scroll. Even better, when you reach the end of the scores and keep dragging, the scores will continue scrolling, but the maps will bounce back.
peppy
fixed in test
Topic Starter
electrolytes
Sorry, peppy, using b20140304.1test and it still seems to act the same. Can anyone else confirm? I'll try to upload another video.

Edit: Same with b20140304.2test. If it helps, it also scrolls the beatmaps for me if I drag the ranking scrollbar. Updated the video to show this.
Edit2: Still there in b20140304.4. Updated the video again. There also seems to be some oddity with the Auto/Cinema button and turning it off.

Edit3: Reinstalled osu! - problems mentioned seem to be gone.
TheVileOne
I woke this thread out to report that this still happens.
chong601
Probably this reoccurs bacause of this...

It remerges from build b20140725.10 but not at any earlier builds
Tom94
Fixed again at my end. Soon on test.