forum

Extra replay features.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,101
Topic Starter
HyperBCS
The current method to watch a replay is nice how you can speed it up or slow it down. However time and time again I have wanted more features to be added to this mode. Here are a list of things that would be nice to have added when watching a replay.

1.) Ability to pause replay.
Reason: When watching a replay you might need to pause to do something. This is not possible, and if you missed something you will need to watch the entire replay over again.

2.)Ability to scrobble through a replay.
Reason: If you want to watch a specific part of a long song for practice and the editor is not meeting your needs it would be nice if you did not have to sit through the whole song to watch one part. Also if you want to watch the part multiple times you can go back and watch it again.

3.) More speed options, or speed slider bar.
Reason: Sometimes when watching a replay there might be a pattern just too fast for you to comprehend at the already low 0.5x speed. If there was a slider that went from 0 to say 2x it might help players grasp the technique for faster songs.
FrzR
I've seen lots of requests related to this. I have no idea why it wasn't implemented yet.
Doge_old_1
1.) You can already sort of do this by clicking the button to add a comment, and then clicking in the text box.
2.) An experimental version of replay scrubbing is up on the test build, I think. Replay scrubbing is actually extremely inconvenient due to the way the score system works and what kind of data replays contain, hence why such an obvious feature doesn't exist yet.
3.) I support this.
deadbeat

HyperBCS wrote:

t/115212

HyperBCS wrote:

2.)Ability to scrobble through a replay.
There's a seek bar feature on the test build somewhere. hopefully should be ready at some point soon x.x

HyperBCS wrote:

3.) More speed options, or speed slider bar.
dunno about this one... sounds like a duplicate.
Marcin
afaik all of these features are already in experimental replay watcher in test build.
Kuronosu

deadbeat wrote:

HyperBCS wrote:

t/115212

In deadbeat's forum link peppy said he is already working on these.

Sorry for failed quote..
Justify
Support. This is an excellent idea.
Yarissa
This needs a bump and extra consideration... replays are tedious to go through when you have a 4 minute map to watch on double time.

Edit: I got ninja bumped
thelewa
These would really help people in improving and finding out exactly what mistakes they do when they play. Knowing that would allow people to improve faster.
Garpo
Wow, it sure is raining stars
Quite Fantastic
Mafham
With this implemented, I would probably end up spending 90% of my time checking my mistakes X'D Would be awesome to see this, though
VXB
Brilliant I say
Merl
This would add a great feature to the game, Would love to see this!
Wirrek The Cat
Peppy pls, I'll give you butter :3
VXB

Garpo wrote:

Wow, it sure is raining stars
Quite Fantastic
Mafham

vxb wrote:

Brilliant I say
Brilliant
cyngiel

Mafham wrote:

With this implemented, I would probably end up spending 90% of my time checking my mistakes X'D Would be awesome to see this, though
VXB

cyngiel wrote:

Mafham wrote:

Satella
And being able to watch a failed replay more than once.
Misaka Mikoto_old_1
Looking forward to this!
deadbeat
this thread. what the hell. suddenly snowballing out of control o.O
Satella

deadbeat wrote:

lewa said hi to this thread in his stream
VXB

deadbeat wrote:

A certain finn said something on stream 8-) :) 8-)
Valentiino
Some guy happened to find this thread when we had quite a big tantrum about this feature missing from osu!.

I think people kinda agreed
Garpo

deadbeat wrote:

TheLewa thought it would be a fantastic idea if this were implemented and everyone jumped onto the train.
But he didn't realize that we are certainly aiming for the stars with this one.
Zare
what
VXB

Valentiino wrote:

Some guy happened to find this thread when we had quite a big tantrum about this feature missing from osu!.

^
>
<
v
deadbeat

vxb wrote:

Valentiino wrote:

^
>
<
v
stop posting unless you have something useful to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
Kisaragi_Shin
Do it please
Valentiino

deadbeat wrote:

stop posting unless you have something useless to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
The most important one is pretty much the ability to seek to a certain point in a replay.
hoozimajiget

deadbeat wrote:

stop posting unless you have something useless to add. also wasn't most of this added, just uncompleted?
If it is not available in game then it has not been added
deadbeat

Valentiino wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

The most important one is pretty much the ability to seek to a certain point in a replay.
yeah, that was added. i remember having some fun with that, but it was buggy as hell when first added. got removed/disabled or something until it's more stable
not 100% though:(
Valentiino
Well, I hope this brings some more attention to such feature. It would improve the existing replay system to a point, where it's almost like in any other game with a replay system.

And I think we can all agree, that people kinda want this thing being worked on again
show more