forum

osu! On Raspberry Pi?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
darkpixel987
Just a simple question:
Can osu! Run on raspberry pi?I mean it can run on linux but i don't really know if it also runs on raspberry pi
- Marco -
It will just do probably 10-20 fps with this spec:

if you bought it follow these steps t/14614?hilit=linux
kouzuki_karen
i don't think it runs on Raspberry Pi, because it uses an ARM processor and osu! doesn't support those processors.
RBRat3
Out of curiosity why would you want to?
Ven
The Pi is too weak for Osu, even my laptop can barely make 50 FPS.
Topic Starter
darkpixel987

RBRat3 wrote:

Out of curiosity why would you want to?
Because i love osu! I play it on everything(pc,phone,tablet)and i would want to make a small osu game console because why not? ;)
Marcin
You won't be able to run osu! on Pi - its ARM not x86.
ErunamoJAZZ
I do not believe that Osu runs in the raspberry Pi, due to its ARM processor. Also emulate with wine is not an option.
Although thinking about this, maybe Osu!Stream can run.

Peppy, many people want a native linux version xD
Brean2010
It's strange because Osu! on armv6 work with Andoid and instal android on Raspberry Pi is possible. I don't have Raspberry Pi, but I think instal osu!droid in this is possible but not Osu!.
RBRat3

darkpixel987 wrote:

Because i love osu! I play it on everything(pc,phone,tablet)and i would want to make a small osu game console because why not? ;)

There are plenty of capable pc's that can play osu! in a similar form factor... In a size to power ratio the pi is kinda like selling yourself short.

Smallest thing I played osu! on was a zotac ad10
Yukiteru Amano
On a regular Raspberry Pi just 2 people connected to it programming in Python made our lagg with an overclock to 1ghz. If you make this work Idk xD
GreyFace
We just need some form of osu! machine to go with the osu! tablet, it could have some sort of clam shell design with a small 4:3 screen, maby running an osu! OS to help with performance issues. Ohh, and maby an osu! keyboard/keypad with 8 keys, MX Red, Blue, Brown and Blacks. The possibilities are endless! ^_^
petterroea

mrdumpling64 wrote:

i don't think it runs on Raspberry Pi, because it uses an ARM processor and osu! doesn't support those processors.
This. osu is not ARM. Mabe osu!stream? Peppy would have to port it tho. Doubt he would.
ErunamoJAZZ
raspberry Pi might be a good hardware for Osu Arcade machines :P
Rirakusu
I'm very sure that osu! can be installed and played on a Pi...with low FPS (about 40 I think). Wine can be set to make a x86 environment which osu! can run on. (And don't forget that a Pi have a good graphics card with 3D capabilities!)
Redo11
install android on pi and opsu(open source android osu client) from app store
Froggymine
mabye you could get 30-40fps if you mod it with a graphics card
Death
This thread is 5 years old...