forum

Don't disable mouse 3 (wheel/scroller) clicks.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
I hope I'm getting this right. Mouse 3 is the middle button of the mouse between left and right clicks or known as the wheel/scroller.

Now, my problem is that as we can still disable the mouse clicks (f10 I think) you will also disable mouse 3. Which is obvious yes. But I also want to pause the game.

I am a mouse + keyboard user. Whenever I play a game, the only choice for me to pause the game in solo mode are the mouse 3 clicks. When I disable mouse clicks to avoid me clicking the mouse accidentally, I can't pause the game. When I don't disable this I accidentally click the mouse from time to time.

Ranting...
As you might say, "well it's your fault for clicking the mouse, don't do it", I would be saying that my mouse is quite big (G700s), my hand is quite medium to big. The way I play a game differs from yours.

So my request is to NOT disable the mouse 3 clicks and disable only left and right instead. I don't think this will affect the gameplay as much as the worse case scenario would be that you pause the game. Plus, mouse 3 clicks are usually harder to click than left and right ones anyway.

Thanks.
uzzi
Couldn't you just press esc...? Or am I missing your point completely.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm a mouse + keyboard player. I can't hit esc if my hand is pressing z and x.

Like I want to pause and play later?
uzzi

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I'm a mouse + keyboard player. I can't hit esc if my hand is pressing z and x.

Like I want to pause and play later?
So you mean pausing while in a middle of a play?

It doesn't really seem feasible to just come and play again, especially with harder maps. At least that's how I see it. You're better off pausing at a break or something.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

It doesn't really seem feasible to just come and play again, especially with harder maps. At least that's how I see it. You're better off pausing at a break or something.
Even then, it's still handier to be able to pause from a mouse. There are options to disable mouse 3 and to disable mouse completely but no option to disable only left and right mouse clicks.

Some people do pause in-game. I pauses in-game when someone is talking to me as I'm using noise-cancelling earphones.

Also, what if a map doesn't have breaks?
Tumor
Just bind pause to another key.
Doge_old_1
Bind pause to shift or C or A/S/D, or something. Very easy, and esc still works.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Thanks.
TheVileOne
I don't think it would be too hard to allow this. Although maybe some people want this button disable as well.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think it would be too hard to allow this. Although maybe some people want this button disable as well.

Well, it could be added as options to which buttons will be disabled?
Lanturn
Reposting from my old thread: p/2473814

First of all. I know about this: http://puu.sh/3RKlP.jpg

I always use the mouse wheel to change the volume / effect volume as needed, because I find using the arrow keys just not appealing.

When I spin in osu!, I tend to use M1 to spin instead of k1/k2 mostly due to the fact that I like to clench my mouse tightly when doing circles. However, with my mouse, if I press down a bit too hard on M1 or M2, it activates my middle click (My crap mouse.) So basically it comes down to, when I spin, I sometimes hold down the mouse key too much and it hits my middle click, and completely ruins my spin.

There may be some players out there who like to click notes and end up having the same problem, easy solution is just to turn off the mouse wheel. This works, but I personally love the mouse wheel to adjust volume, as I use it a lot on the title screens, during songs, etc. I know the mouse wheel still works on the title screen, but when I start a song, I usually have the volume lowered for one or another reason. Either from spectating or just lowering the music on the title screen.

Just to be clear on my request. I just wish for an option to disable it, not remove it completely. I'm sure many others are out there with the wheel already disabled and know the pain of having to use the keyboard to adjust volume, when it should already be in your hand to adjust.

With the pic below, this could also as a backwards request for those who like the pause button but don't like it when the volume adjusts when hitting it.

Also: if done right, you could disable m1/m2 but have the wheel still active, for your pausing / volume pleasure for those who accidentally click during gameplay when you use k1/k2

my old request was pretty similar to this. Keep this thread though. I got a new mouse awhile ago so I don't have the problem anymore, but it'd be nice to have this feature still for those who don't want the volume to change or pause in the middle of the game, but allow the other.
alxnr
Yes! My problem is exactly the same as OP's.
Awipka
Bumping. I would like to see this implemented.

There are two options that allow to disable mouse buttons - wheel disabling and entire mouse buttons (1-2-3) disabling. Why don't just remove wheel button from second option, so if user wants to disable all buttons, he just checks both options? And I've been using wheel button pause feature very often before sudden mouse buttons clicks started to break 500x combo.

Of course, I can rebind pause to some key, but it's easier to click mouse wheel because fingers on mouse do nothing during gameplay while left hand is busy clicking z/x.